GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,503
4 members and 1,499 guests
John, PGD-GRAD

Old 09-07-2013, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Diana007:

wow.

This.Is.Interesting.

Do you have anything to share about Greek yogurt, perchance?
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 09-07-2013, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Queen Victoria has spoken from beyond.
And we are not amused.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Neither is "Panama."
Old 09-07-2013, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Well. This just got confusing. When I read her post, the first thing that came to mind was "We are Legion. We are many. You are one." Haha. Okay, I'll just see my way out...
Old 09-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Banned

Crafty spammer?
Old 09-08-2013, 02:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana007 View Post
I am interested in becoming a member of a National Panhellenic Conference Sorority. I have never joined one group and then dropped it to join another one. I am a Graduate of a University. I received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Adminstration. That is not a basket weaving degree!
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 09-08-2013, 02:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Am I too tired or are none of these posts really stringing together?

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 09-08-2013, 02:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
Am I too tired or are none of these posts really stringing together?
Nope. Not stringing together one bit. I have no idea why Diana007 is telling us her life story, why she was using the royal "We", or why she wants the OP to join an NPHC when she's not allowed to.

Anyone's guess is as good as mine.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
There were only four National Panhellenic Conference Sororities at the University that I graduated from years ago. Another group was added lated however, it was not a National Panhellenic Conference Sorority. Instead it was an Asian Sorority. That is one group that I could never join because I am not Asian!
wait... what?

Have you thought about starting your own sorority?
Old 09-08-2013, 08:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
wait... what?

Have you thought about starting your own sorority?
Yes, can't believe she didn't think of this already.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
Yes, can't believe she didn't think of this already.
It should be an online sorority!

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

OP: I'm sorry you've been disappointed with your sorority experience, but as you have learned what's done is done. The lesson to come from all of this is that YOU are now an adult, and as such, you are responsible for yourself. It is not your sorority sisters' job to make sure you are making grades, prioritizing, eating right, going to bed on time, etc. Your sorority sisters are not responsible for your general welfare. Your sorority has not replaced your parents. Rather, you have left the nest and are responsible for these things. Your sorority is a social organization and a way for you to make friends and get involved with the college community. Take it for what it is and own up to the fact that your mistakes are your own. A big sister's job is to sponsor the little through initiation, not to remind you to eat your vegetables, go to class and study. Now that you are an adult, your life is your own. Make good decisions and take responsibility when you make bad ones, as here. Good luck to you.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Being a White Anglo Saxon Protestant I have no interest in joining a NPHC group. I feel that I cannot lie to pretend that I am trying to be something that I am not. That is why I am only looking into the National Panhellenic Conference Sororities!
please step away from the keyboard. you are not presenting yourself in a positive light.

fwiw, the NPC ship may well have sailed for you. you may wish to investigate other organizations.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

You have graduated. You, at this point, can no longer "look into NPC" groups. Find something else to do with your time and MAYBE somone who is an NPC member MAY ask her group about you being an AI. But it comes to you - not you to it.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
We think that she should be able to join the NPHC that she wants too join instead of the NPC. We also think that she should give up her membership in the NPC group. she never should have joined an NPC group when she really only wanted an NPHC group in the first place.
Quote:
Being a White Anglo Saxon Protestant I have no interest in joining a NPHC group. I feel that I cannot lie to pretend that I am trying to be something that I am not. That is why I am only looking into the National Panhellenic Conference Sororities!
Interesting that you want to be in an NPC sorority, when GreekRegret, who you apparently know quite well, wants to dump her membership so badly. Maybe you could just swap places.

Sounds a whole lot like you might have been the one to push GreekRegret into her NPC membership, even though "she only ever wanted an NPHC group."