GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,180
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 929
4 members and 925 guests
buffalogrΣΣk, John, naraht

Old 08-01-2024, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
You got the day to yourself, PB? You still pushing that 1940s hooptie? Lol!
Yes sirrr. But it’s not a “hooptie”. You ain’t right, man! 😂

My best friend and I got it mechanically sound now. I also decided to get rid of the patina, so I had the body restored and repainted. It’s red now. I ordered new side curtains that I already have, and now I just have the top to do, and it’ll be finished. Drives great and sounds amazing. I love it.
Old 08-01-2024, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Lol! I couldn’t believe he said that. You see his Mountain Dew comment? JD Vance is what’s going to cost Trump the election. I’m still lost as of why he chose him as his running mate. VP Harris has got this. It’s hers all day.
You really shouldn’t be surprised at anything abnormal or out of the ordinary coming from any politician who represents that party. Yes! What he said about his Mountain Dew beverage is proof of why you shouldn’t be surprised, lol.

I think he chose him because Vance is like a “yes” man. That’s why he picked him. I mean, Pence is kind of a bootlicker himself, but at least he still had some integrity to go against overthrowing a fair election.

I hope she wins, too. But pro Trump election deniers are working as local election officials in at least 16 counties across the 6 key battleground states. If they don’t certify several small counties, they won’t be able to certify statewide results. Honestly, if she wins (and I pray she does), I think 2024 will make Jan 6th look like a thumb prick.

Since Gretchen doesn’t want to be VP, I hope VP Harris picks our Governor, Tim Walz as her running mate. That would be so wonderful!
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-01-2024, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN: Omg! GC is SO fast now!
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-01-2024, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
You really shouldn’t be surprised at anything abnormal or out of the ordinary coming from any politician who represents that party. Yes! What he said about his Mountain Dew beverage is proof of why you shouldn’t be surprised, lol.

I think he chose him because Vance is like a “yes” man. That’s why he picked him. I mean, Pence is kind of a bootlicker himself, but at least he still had some integrity to go against overthrowing a fair election.

I hope she wins, too. But pro Trump election deniers are working as local election officials in at least 16 counties across the 6 key battleground states. If they don’t certify several small counties, they won’t be able to certify statewide results. Honestly, if she wins (and I pray she does), I think 2024 will make Jan 6th look like a thumb prick.

Since Gretchen doesn’t want to be VP, I hope VP Harris picks our Governor, Tim Walz as her running mate. That would be so wonderful!
He definitely won’t accept the results. It’ll be a shit show all day. No question about it.
Old 08-01-2024, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Yes sirrr. But it’s not a “hooptie”. You ain’t right, man! 😂

My best friend and I got it mechanically sound now. I also decided to get rid of the patina, so I had the body restored and repainted. It’s red now. I ordered new side curtains that I already have, and now I just have the top to do, and it’ll be finished. Drives great and sounds amazing. I love it.
I don’t even remember what kind of car it was. I just remember it being from the 40s. What are side curtains?
Old 08-01-2024, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I don’t even remember what kind of car it was. I just remember it being from the 40s. What are side curtains?
It’s a 1948 MG TC.
https://youtu.be/PFvSrn-YBoU?si=BRWG2AUoLEVkmNrg

It doesn’t have rollup windows, so it uses plastic windows (side curtains) that attach to the doors and the back of the car. You have to actually put them on and put the top up if it’s raining.
Old 08-02-2024, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It’s a 1948 MG TC.
https://youtu.be/PFvSrn-YBoU?si=BRWG2AUoLEVkmNrg

It doesn’t have rollup windows, so it uses plastic windows (side curtains) that attach to the doors and the back of the car. You have to actually put them on and put the top up if it’s raining.
Lol wow! I get no power windows, but damn, no windows at all? Plastic?

Looking at it though, it’s decent for the time period. Does it even have a radio? I didn’t see one. If it doesn’t, did you at least put one in it?

Lmao @ no gas gauge? Dude, how do you know how much gas you have?
Old 08-02-2024, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Whoever banned Shelly, thank you. She pmd me again telling me she’s a single mom and wants to hook up.

To Shelly, if you see this: I don’t like snotty nosed, diaper shitting kids. And I damn sure don’t like playing paper airplanes with Billy. So, no thank you. Don’t come back.
Old 08-02-2024, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Lol wow! I get no power windows, but damn, no windows at all? Plastic?

Looking at it though, it’s decent for the time period. Does it even have a radio? I didn’t see one. If it doesn’t, did you at least put one in it?

Lmao @ no gas gauge? Dude, how do you know how much gas you have?
No radio, no gas gauge, no heat, no air. I kept everything like it would have come from the factory in 1948. The only things I changed mechanically were the front brakes (for safety), and I added turn signals. Everything is the way it would have been sold when new. I know how much gas it has by opening the filler cap. It’s pretty basic.

Quote:
Whoever banned Shelly, thank you. She pmd me again telling me she’s a single mom and wants to hook up.

To Shelly, if you see this: I don’t like snotty nosed, diaper shitting kids. And I damn sure don’t like playing paper airplanes with Billy. So, no thank you. Don’t come back.
😂😂😂😂 She said the kid’s name was Billy? Dead! 😂☠️

You had a conversation with her? It? 🤣
Old 08-02-2024, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No radio, no gas gauge, no heat, no air. I kept everything like it would have come from the factory in 1948. The only things I changed mechanically were the front brakes (for safety), and I added turn signals. Everything is the way it would have been sold when new. I know how much gas it has by opening the filler cap. It’s pretty basic.
No way could I even drive any car without my music. No heat or air either? I’m done Lol.

Quote:
😂😂😂😂 She said the kid’s name was Billy? Dead! 😂☠️

Lmao! Hell naw! She just basically said she’s looking for a daddy for her kids in so many words, and then gave me her info to hit her up. She hit John up, too. I don’t know what she asked him, maybe he declined her daddy invite before I did, so she then asked me. John said it was a bot.

No, I made Billy up. I was just sayin I don’t like kids of any kind. Crying ass, snot nosed toddlers, bald infants, or a 9 year old Billy who likes paper airplanes. Folks can keep them damn kids.
Old 08-02-2024, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Quote:
[I]😂😂😂😂 She said the kid’s name was Billy? Dead! 😂☠️

Quote:
Lmao! Hell naw! She just basically said she’s looking for a daddy for her kids in so many words, and then gave me her info to hit her up. She hit John up, too. I don’t know what she asked him, maybe he declined her daddy invite before I did, so she then asked me. John said it was a bot.

No, I made Billy up. I was just sayin I don’t like kids of any kind. Crying ass, snot nosed toddlers, bald infants, or a 9 year old Billy who likes paper airplanes. Folks can keep them damn kids.

HILARIOUS!!!! I can’t breathe!
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-02-2024, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Y'all crack me up. I needed that today.
Old 08-02-2024, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No way could I even drive any car without my music. No heat or air either? I’m done Lol.
But you have to look at the history behind European cars from that time period to have an understanding why a lot of postwar European cars were built that way. Remember, when WWII broke out, car production stopped for the Brits before it stopped here. It didn’t stop here until 1942. Once 1945 came about and the war ended, car production over in Europe was slow. It was somewhat that way here too, to a degree, but mainly with styling. But over in Europe, a lot of their car factories had to be rebuilt after taking direct hits from bombs and it was mostly prewar designs that were being produced.

The TC was brought over here by G.I.s stationed in GB after the war. At the time, Americans had never really seen a real sports car. Folks liked it, so MG started exporting the TC to the states but didn’t bother adding the creature comforts Americans were used to. Didn’t even bother to move the steering wheel to the American driver’s side. MG and other European auto manufacturers only concern was to make as much money as they could. Another reason why its styling is outdated for 1948. Everything it lacks, makes the history behind the why, that much more interesting, to me.
Old 08-02-2024, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

😂😂😂 Man, you’re a trip. Both of my kids were born with a full head of hair. Not all infants are born bald.
Old 08-03-2024, 08:50 AM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN: I swear my Beats headsets were just working fine when I put them on to walk from my car to the coffee shop. I wanted to listen to some music I recently downloaded from Apple Music while I wait for my friends to come. And then like all of a sudden the right side stopped working. Does anyone know why this happens?
HARRIS/WALZ 2024