GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,353
1 members and 1,352 guests
No Members online

Old 01-02-2002, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

In the words of Flounder, "Boy are we having fun yet"!

DUMB<STUPID< DUMB< and DAMN DUMB< And Damn anything!

If someone tied to me through that I would have had Killer instinct!!

NONONO! A thousand times NONO!

This is why we see us on TV and In Newspapers! And chapters taken off Campus! Law Suits!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 01-03-2002, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

We have the same rumors that everyone else here is mentioned. it's funny though, because every year I see athletic teams out on campus or in the village in their tied together in their underwear singing Backstreet Boys songs at the top of their lungs or something equally inane...

This has yet to get the attention of the campus newspaper.
Old 01-04-2002, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
Exclamation

You know, its funny (or not) that I was hazed more joining marching band in high school than I was joining a sorority in college. Yet its Greeks who get bad names. And I know of plenty of high school athletes that are tortured to become sport team members..... Just some food for thought!
Old 01-04-2002, 04:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Re: some LBC hazing rumors...

Quote:
Originally posted by lilsnakeyk
Sigma Kappa nationals are beyond ultra strict. We had a "stoplight" exchange with Sigma Pi, and our nationals got mad because everybody had to wear different colors. (Everybody was wearing either red, yellow, or green to signal their availability)...Anywho.....

We used to do something like that at debate tourneys! You know those sheets of star stickers that have red, gold, green, blue and silver? Well you got one, two or three stars...

Red: Signifigant Other - Stop
Yellow: Dating - Proceed with caution
Green: Single - Go!
Blue: Special Prefrences (can be added to above)
Silver: Will do anything (kinky really... and can be added to above)

It was funny, but also handy to see who was available!

Also, my friend from HS was in a 'local band org' if you can call it that, at his school. We had heard that they had to 'have relations' with a sheep to get it. I didnt believe it, so I went up to him and asked him if it was true. All he did was look at me and say "Im in the fraternity arent I?!"

EWWWWW!
Old 01-05-2002, 01:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaChiS2K
My favorite hazing rumor is of a sorority on campus that has a rep for being spoiled Daddy's girls. They apparently make their pledges go to each sister's house or room and catalog their wardrobes. After that, sisters ask them, "How many pairs of black pants do I own?" and "How many Steve Maddens do I have?" and the pledges get yelled at if they don't know.

We have one fraternity on campus that has since lost it' charter for hazing and has gone underground. During the last week of pledging, none of the boys could say "I"- they had to refer to themselves in the 3rd person ("George says hi,"). Also, they weren't allowed to feed themselves- their pledge brothers had to feed them. It ws quite a sight to see these dirty boys in the cafeteria, saying, "Nate wants another french fry" and Scott feeding him the fries... not really subtle, were they?
Old 01-05-2002, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to teke4life
ok, i've heard every rumor in the book. i've actually had a rushee ask me if we do ookie cookie. somebody mentioned it earlier. everyone jacks off on a cookie, last one to finish eats it. if that was the case i wouldn't be a tke. anyway, these things used to really happen. note to nationals: we've gotten rid of hazing since i've been a pledge, so no need to get all uptight.
of course we ask every candidate if they're allergic to wool (supposedly all tekes have an affinity for sheep). i've never seen a sheep in my life though. ok, baptismal: brothers spend 2 weeks doing whatever they want in a bucket and the pledges on the night before initiation have to dunk their heads in it. butt signing: we all had to get our signatures on our butts from a list of certain girls on campus. pledge train: act like a choo choo train and parade through all the sorority floors.
here are a couple of unfounded rumors, but things that i've been told are true by members of their very own house... elephant walk. switch: like elephant walk with one thumb in your mouth the other thumb, you know where, and switch! pledges (sorority) have to be able to squat on a champagne bottle and lift it off the ground. the best is a rumor in security, that they busted an underground fraternity with their pledges sitting in a trashcan full of water with wires pulled out of the lights in the ceiling. oh, i have so many more stories, but i've rambled enough.
Old 01-05-2002, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DukeBlue
A couple of years ago a NPC sorority here got in big trouble for hazing their pledges. It's a true story, not a rumor, as several people I know, including my roommate that year, were at the party and saw everything. Anywho..

It was their Bid Night party at a club off-campus. The initiated sisters encouraged the pledges to get as drunk as possible, and told them that they'd stay sober and watch out for them. They didn't. The sisters ended up writing things like "I'm a hot XYZ pledge and I'm not wearing any underwear", "F*ck me", "I want your dick", and other disgusting things all over their bodies and then sent them to walk the mile back to campus in the middle of the night (a horrible neighborhood in which a rapist was loose at the time) by themselves, completely sloshed...there was a huge snowstorm that night, and luckily nothing happened to any of the pledges..well, a couple went to the hospital for alcohol reasons, but none were attacked, miraculously.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Tyler_PKT Send a message via Yahoo to Tyler_PKT
Some things written here that people thought were rumors do happen, but are usually exaggerated. For me I I'm not sure what I can say. For the final week of my pledge semester all the pledges had to stay at our house. We weren't supposed to be anywhere else besides class, without telling somebody. The idea of that wasn't to haze us but to get us to spend more time together to bond. I personally also did a lot of crazy stuff too, that nobody said they were going to kick me out of the fraternity if I didn't do. People should just be a little open minded and realize there is probably a little truth to all the stories.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
When I was a freshman at SMU, a Pike pledge came up to my all-girl floor with his big brother and a permanent marker and asked every girl on the floor to sign his body. He couldn't go back until he was #1 covered with sigs, #2 his penis was signed! I signed his stomach, and I heard rumors about which girls had signed butt cheeks and, ahem, you know...but who knows.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

As a fellow man I think it safe to say that, that was something he didn't mind doing, and was probably glad his brothers gave him an excuse to do it.
Old 01-07-2002, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyler_PKT
As a fellow man I think it safe to say that, that was something he didn't mind doing, and was probably glad his brothers gave him an excuse to do it.
No respectable girl would sign the privates of a guy. That's just tacky...I don't care if he liked it.
Old 01-07-2002, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hootie

No respectable girl would sign the privates of a guy. That's just tacky...I don't care if he liked it.
I agree Hootie! I think that's so awful! Whoever the girl was should be ashamed of herself.

Jess
Old 01-07-2002, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hootie

We aren't discussing the integrity of the girl, I was just commenting on how it's not hazing if you want to do it.
Old 01-08-2002, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Tyler, you might want to check out the definitions of hazing on www.stophazing.com
Old 01-08-2002, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

My chapter went on a roadtrip for a weekend to visit another chapter on a different campus., that all the pledges were "recomended" to go on. I had the best weekend of my college career, and you're going to try and tell me that was hazing???? If your not why don't you visit that website and read the definition.