GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,145
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,258
0 members and 1,258 guests
No Members online

Old 01-18-2005, 03:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RUgreek
Oh I remember him, from the movie Ghosts of the Past. I remember when Byron De La Beckwith finally died in prison, fucking freak should of hanged years ago...

Never mind.

I don't know who Medgar Evans is. However, I am familiar with Medgar EVERS who served as the NAACP Mississippi Field Secretary.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PureGoldF2K1
Quote:
Originally posted by AOII_LB93
For someone relatively new to GC you're coming off a bit punchy. Take a look at some of cashmoney's posts in the past (no offense, cash) but he can be a bit controversial to put it lightly. Take a deep breath, and maybe don't be so quick to respond to some of the posts. Just an idea.

Please! This is the most ridiculous thing. "for someone relatively new?" Has she not been initiated yet? Lets get on with her pledging then, and THEN she can be as "punchy" as she likes? while thats not the most disrespectful thing in this thread by a long shot, it IS the most petty.

Sorry, Im just kind of tired of the way people treat "new" members to this board when they dont say things that those with high posting counts like. (as if racking up your post count by naming songs or listing wedding locations, or *whatever* makes your opinion/comments more worthy)

ok...done now...go back to yelling at whoever about MLKday....
Old 01-18-2005, 04:44 AM
GreekChat Member

that is absolutely ridiculous, AOPi girl. Yeah, he is controversial, he wants controversy...so I'm giving it to him.

I am actually quite hesitant to keep visiting these boards. Everyone thinks they're better than everyone else here. Everyone loves to tell people what to do. Everyone loves to get offended. Everyone loves to tell the new kids on the block that we're too new to talk about this or that. How about all of you take a deep breath and....

GET OVER YOURSELVES

i came to greekchat to talk to my sisters and other greeks and just plain have a good time and get to know other greeks and their perspectives. But, apparently I can't do that! Everyone else here can respond with no issues...me? Nope...too new to post my, just as educated as yours, opinion. I am so sick of being treated like a 5 year old.

kthanksbye

Last edited by IrishPhiSig; 01-18-2005 at 04:47 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
Quote:
Originally posted by IrishPhiSig
that is absolutely ridiculous, AOPi girl. Yeah, he is controversial, he wants controversy...so I'm giving it to him.

I am actually quite hesitant to keep visiting these boards. Everyone thinks they're better than everyone else here. Everyone loves to tell people what to do. Everyone loves to get offended. Everyone loves to tell the new kids on the block that we're too new to talk about this or that. How about all of you take a deep breath and....

GET OVER YOURSELVES

i came to greekchat to talk to my sisters and other greeks and just plain have a good time and get to know other greeks and their perspectives. But, apparently I can't do that! Everyone else here can respond with no issues...me? Nope...too new to post my, just as educated as yours, opinion. I am so sick of being treated like a 5 year old.

kthanksbye
I am better than you!

But I give you 10 points for the giant, bold font.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Quote:
Originally posted by damasa
I am better than you!

But I give you 10 points for the giant, bold font.
Would've given her 15 points if she did it in a different color. I agree with your assessment, 10 points.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

GET OVER YOURSELVES

kthanksbye
Oooh, I'm so threatened, you used a big font. If you are so hesitant then don't come back. I never said I was better than anyone, I'm just saying don't let people who have ridiculous opinions about meaningful federal holidays tick you off. Follow your own advice. Pot meet kettle.
kthxbye.

And PureGold, am I the first person who has ever suggested to use the search function or to relax a little bit on a message board? Probably not, so why not direct your post at everyone who has ever done that?

Last edited by AOII_LB93; 01-18-2005 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:41 AM
ADPiZXalum

Quote:
Sorry, Im just kind of tired of the way people treat "new" members to this board when they dont say things that those with high posting counts like. (as if racking up your post count by naming songs or listing wedding locations, or *whatever* makes your opinion/comments more worthy)
HAHAHA That made me laugh, thanks.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RUgreek
Quick, someone change my title from Senior Member to "Old Fart."

That way I'll think I'm better than you and everyone can say, Oh he's just an old fart, don't listen to him...
Old 01-18-2005, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I don't think any place closes for Hanukah because its a minor Jewish FESTIVAL. You celebrate after work/school. But places would close for Yom Kippur/Rosh Hashana.
Not to put too fine a point on it but you won't find any non-Jewish-owned businesses, or non-religious Jewish schools that close for Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur, or Passover for that matter. As if Yom Kippur would ever be a statutory holiday. Last time I checked, mail still came and banks still opened on religious Jewish holidays. Even in New York. Maybe Hanukah was a bad choice of holiday but the intention is right. The reality is that the calendar is FILLED with holidays that not everyone celebrates, or, as it appears, agrees with and/or understands. I could be ticked that the country doesn't shut down on the holidays I celebrate or recognize but instead I'll sit back and enjoy the paid days off I get because other people deem it a worthy day to recognize.

I'd be more than happy to wait a day to get bills in the mail or go to the bank to pay them.

*pass the popcorn*
Old 01-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Banned

MLK - One of the last great Americans.

-Rudey
Old 01-18-2005, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cashmoney
I never had president's day off at school. Never.
My HS and JR. high actually had 4 days off for President's day. If you don't know what MLK did, then I suggest maybe you go read some books, you may find it interesting.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Although pretty much everything you said in this thread has been completely and totally ignorant, Cashmoney, I wanted to comment on something you had in your original post. You suggested that we substitute MLK Day with Kwanzaa as a national holiday. Do you know what Kwanzaa is or what it's about? I'm guessing no. Although I do not personally have an opinion on the appropriateness of Kwanzaa celebration, many African Americans choose NOT to celebrate Kwanzaa because of its origins, instead choosing to focus on Christmas because they are Christian.

People speak on sh*t they don't know about...
Old 01-18-2005, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CarolinaCutie
many African Americans choose NOT to celebrate Kwanzaa because of its origins, instead choosing to focus on Christmas because they are Christian.
Thanks for that.

Kwanzaa is a MADE UP holiday. MLK day is giving honor to a man who did A LOT for the civil rights movement. BTW, if you don't like things being closed for 1 day of MLK, then try 7 days of Kwanzaa.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

MLK is the best day ever.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RUgreek
Quick, someone change my title from Senior Member to "Old Fart."

That way I'll think I'm better than you and everyone can say, Oh he's just an old fart, don't listen to him...
That should so be in my sig. Though I am only 24, please refer to me only as an old fart, therefore I can go around insulting everyone and talking like an idiot, and everyone will say leave her alone, she's old and wise and knows so much about greek life.

Older does not equal wiser.

/hijack