Welcome to our newest member, BillWitt27
» Online Users: 873
1 members and 872 guests
John

Old 01-11-2008, 08:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
LG, I knew you weren't implying anything. I know you're not that kind of a person, I was just responding to the question the best way I knew how to.

I agree, children don't see the whole picture, and I'm sure I wasn't seeing the whole picture either, but from what I have seen they rarely would go places alone. If they did, they knew where to find the other one.

No, I didn't understand the statement. I guess when I see a couple that's married or in a serious relationship and one goes the opposite direction to keep from seeing what's going on at the other end of the block, to me that sounds like something dishonest is going on. I'm not sure if I was reading that right though, that's why I was saying I didn't understand what you meant by that. But again, LG I know you were not implying anything. You didn't even have to mention that to me, you know I wouldn't think that about you.
Oh okay, I see why I was not clear. The soror's comment was not literal.
Basically she was saying if you suspect something look the other way--it too shall pass.

Personally that wouldn't work for me, but for generations before me it did.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 01-11-2008, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
DSTCHAOS thanks for that and you make sense and I agree with a lot of what you stated. No, I don't expect a woman to tell me how many partners she's had. I usually wait until it comes out in conversation. Time always exposes people. So I just sit back and wait.
Don't hold your breath. Seriously. You may never know how many partners your future wife had. Whether it was 1 or 10. Hope that doesn't keep you from the alter.

Quote:
Folks, I guess I was born 100 years too late, because 20 men is way too many. I know that's pretty much the norm in todays time, but in my eyes it's unacceptable, and if I found out that she slept with that many men, I'd have to let her go.
You aren't 100 years too late. You're just not separating preference from necessity. Also, depending on where you lived 100 years ago, women and men were both being sexually loose.

You're stuck on numbers and we're not talking about numbers. We're talking about principle. Principle says that you don't dictate what's too much for the women you meet and you won't necessarily know enough about their past to judge her. Again, this principle applies whether she's been with 1 man or 20 men.

And you're also begging for a woman to lie to you. If a woman isn't so judgmental or inquisitive about your past (most women aren't, as far as I'm concerned), don't act as if she owes you her life story as if you hold the key to all that is good and Holy.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
Personally that wouldn't work for me
LOL. Me neither.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
Don't hold your breath. Seriously. You may never know how many partners your future wife had. Whether it was 1 or 10. Hope that doesn't keep you from the alter.

You aren't 100 years too late. You're just not separating preference from necessity. Also, depending on where you lived 100 years ago, women and men were both being sexually loose.

You're stuck on numbers and we're not talking about numbers. We're talking about principle. Principle says that you don't dictate what's too much for the women you meet and you won't necessarily know enough about their past to judge her. Again, this principle applies whether she's been with 1 man or 20 men.

And you're also begging for a woman to lie to you. If a woman isn't so judgmental or inquisitive about your past (most women aren't, as far as I'm concerned), don't act as if she owes you her life story as if you hold the key to all that is good and Holy.
My number is low, so hers should be too, otherwise, she's got to go.

Seriously though. (well I was serious lol) DSTCHAOS you look at things a lot differently from the way I see things when it comes to relationships. I'm not saying your way is wrong, infact you're right on and your thinking is much more realistic than mine. You also have more of an open mind than I do. My problem is I've been around these same kind of women, and they all have had too many partners. When I say too many, the numbers were very high. I don't like going behind that many men. I don't think a woman or a man has to sleep with everyone he/she gets involved with. I didn't, so why should I deal with a woman who has? It's like Phrozen1ne stated about the leftovers. I think a loose woman stays loose...in most cases. DSTCHAOS, I think you're very intelligent, and very positive except for when you cause problems on the Kappa forums , but I just can't get past a woman who has a high number of sexual partners. As far her lying to me, I'm not worried about that. The truth will come out. It's just a matter of time.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen1ne View Post
Go right ahead. If anyone asks you tell them it was a Phrozen1ne orginal.
Check out my siggy. Thanks man.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My number is low, so hers should be too, otherwise, she's got to go.

Seriously though. (well I was serious lol) DSTCHAOS you look at things a lot differently from the way I see things when it comes to relationships. I'm not saying your way is wrong, infact you're right on and your thinking is much more realistic than mine. You also have more of an open mind than I do. My problem is I've been around these same kind of women, and they all have had too many partners. When I say too many, the numbers were very high. I don't like going behind that many men. I don't think a woman or a man has to sleep with everyone he/she gets involved with. I didn't, so why should I deal with a woman who has? It's like Phrozen1ne stated about the leftovers. I think a loose woman stays loose...in most cases. DSTCHAOS, I think you're very intelligent, and very positive except for when you cause problems on the Kappa forums , but I just can't get past a woman who has a high number of sexual partners. As far her lying to me, I'm not worried about that. The truth will come out. It's just a matter of time.
Cool.

And your "low" could be someone else's "too high." But it will all work out for you. Good luck.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
And your "low" could be someone else's "too high." But it will all work out for you. Good luck.
LOL. Damn, you're good! That is so true. I never looked at it that way. So far I haven't had that problem, but who's to say what the future brings. I'll definitely keep that in mind, and thanks.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

One of my friends that I met this past semester has ran through two of the fraternity houses. I've actually seen one leave out when I was going out and when I'd get in the room she'd be "freshening" up because the next guy was on his way

I remember I was in her room hanging out one day and her phone starts ringing and she looked at it and said "UGH! I wish that ni99a would stop calling me!" Her roommate/best friend asker her who she was talking about and she said "FRED! I f***ed him last night so me and Wilma can get into the party for free and he can hook us up with some drinking bracelets but now he acting like we in a relationship! Ni99a please! If you wasn't an Alpha I wouldn't even look at you!" But she formed a "relationship" with one of the Omegas since they throw more/better parties. I don't think she's hooked up with any Kappas, I don't know if it's because most of them are in relationships or if it's because they hardly throw parties

She always tells me that I need to come over to the houses with her. I'm always like "Hmmm...maybe next time..." Or maybe never! I plan on pledging and I don't really want to get that sort of reputation and plus, that's just not my style at all! A lot of the sororites and sweetheart organizations know about her and the guys that she's hooked up with. She got her hands on an invitation to a little social that XYZ sorority was having but she said that she got there too late and they wouldn't let her in but I arrived about 15 minutes after her and got in with no problems...I can't figure out why
Old 03-03-2008, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

this thread is really funny
Old 03-26-2008, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alchemistoxi
After reading every singe post on here, every one makes sense to me. But at the same time, what ultimately matters is your self-control, and I think that was mentioned beforehand.
My ships and I would NEVER pass a chick around, much less a girl who is the object of our affections, although I do have to agree that temptation is a bitch and that sometimes it's hard in a college setting to be "faithful."
Sometimes, people cannot fathom the true meaning of love. Most people cannot fathom the fact that when you have sex your body makes a promise even if you don't make one verbally. Each time you open your legs/slip yourself inside someone you create soul ties that cannot be broken. At least this is how I feel.

Sex in our current society is so disposable it's ridiculous. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not holier than thou at all. I do, and have done some pretty despicable things. None that I regret, but some that I do think could have been handled better. Respect for oneself and as every brother in the forum was taught on that chained and beaten path to Alpha was taught, respect for womanhood is key.

Excuse me if I'm rambling, I suck at writing things.
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc; Omicron Xi Chapter
Assistant Executive Director- District of Illinois
Old 03-26-2008, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alchemistoxi
And also, to touch on the topic about numbers, I think if every one knew # we'd all be disgusted with our partners. Somethings are just better left unsaid, especially if you and her are in love, and you are having a successful relationship, why let something as small as the past ruin your future together?
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc; Omicron Xi Chapter
Assistant Executive Director- District of Illinois
Old 03-29-2008, 04:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to thru_da_wire
I honestly feel you on that...but like you said "Most people cannot fathom the fact that when you have sex your body makes a promise even if you don't make one verbally." That is why I ask about how many was in her past. I have always felt that sex was a unlike any other intimate act that a human being can perform...their were times when I really developed deep feeling for a couple of past females, but the high numbers straight CRUSHED me...
Old 03-29-2008, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Frat,

How come every time I come to the Alpha Phi Alpha message board I have to see this degrading link title that refers to women as "hoes"?

I feel like this is not aligned with what I think of when I think of Alpha men.

Moderators, ya'll can't clean up that title to show a little more respect for women?

SC
Old 03-29-2008, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

This is an old thread so maybe I'm forgetting how it started. Isn't the title in reference to "hoes" and not to "women?"

Perhaps the title can be changed to "promiscuous women (and men)." Would that really change the meaning beyond removing the catch phrase?

The discussion in this thread already addressed the subjectivity of the term "hoe."

Last edited by DSTCHAOS; 03-29-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerChild View Post
Frat,

How come every time I come to the Alpha Phi Alpha message board I have to see this degrading link title that refers to women as "hoes"?

I feel like this is not aligned with what I think of when I think of Alpha men.

Moderators, ya'll can't clean up that title to show a little more respect for women?

SC
Although this thread is on our message board, it was actually started by a woman. Also the last time I checked hoe and woman don't belong together.