Welcome to our newest member, Miles5566
» Online Users: 1,200
0 members and 1,200 guests
No Members online

Old 11-15-2004, 08:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to trojangal
Ms. Gwyn,

Congratulations on narrowing it down! I had some hard decisions to make as well, and have asked for paperwork from two different groups. Once I look at the paperwork, this will help me further make my decision.

PM me if you want to discuss this further!

Good luck!

Membership in a sorority brings pride and responsibility. Let your actions reflect the same.
CAB, Delta Eta, University of South Florida
Old 11-16-2004, 01:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ms_gwyn
Ok hopefully this will be a brief update......

As you know that I have sent off paperwork for both Polyhymnia. I also have paperwork for Euterpe, but I would like to actually speak with someone at National in order to get some clarifications on some points before I send out that paperwork. Let me reiterate that this paperwork is for introductionary purposes only.

Then suddenly after some long hard honesty with myself and some tears, I decided to contact Terpsicore. And I have been invited to a meeting with them sometime in December.

Like I have stated in all my messages, I do know what I want from these organizations and having read each of their creeds, purposes, mission statements, etc. I have decided that either one of these organizations will be perfect for me.

Each one of their philanthropies effect in one way or the other, so that is not my biggest concerns. Besides the 2 philanthropies that I advocate the most for, I can do on my own, just because I am a part of a GLO (I’m thinking positive here), does not mean that I can’t help as many causes that I would like to!

I completely understand that discretion is the key and some of you may look down on me that I am moving forward with 3 organizations at once, but nothing may come of it or something may come with all of them. I just do not know and will not know until I’ve been contacted by alumna from each organization.

I know that I must sound like a scatterbrain to some of you, but really I am not, I’m just a bundle of contradictions.

As I go through this process, I have to be aware of what I can offer an organization and what I want form that organization.

What I offer is a great passion to see an organization expand and help in their mission statement, creed, motto, etc. A strong sisterhood, to help a collegiate chapter in any way that I can. I want a leadership role, local and then later nationally, like to be a part of the expansion committee, to get this sisterhood in as many places as possible. But really what I think I have to offer is my passion.

What I’m looking for is a great dedication to this amazing sisterhood, to be supportive of each and every member, whether they have 1,000 or 200,000 members, that they are not just a number and a financial payment (I understand that on the surface it’s a business, but its also something greater than that). A great dedication to their chosen charitable cause.

I don’t want to just join an organization just for the letters and the badge. The day after I get initiated I will say to each women in the organization, here I am, I am ready to work any way that you need me, I’m in this for the lifetime commitment that you just spoke about at the service!

Ok this HAS turned into a novel, I’m stopping now

I hope I translated my feelings clearly

ms. gwyn
What a wonderful post!! {{Hugs}} to you while going through this process.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Well I just got back from my luncheon/meeting with Terpsicore and all the ladies in attendence really seemed open, glad and positive that I attended and expressed a great interest in their organization. We brought gifts for a house for abused women and children, luchen and a meeting. We spent some time for introductions and backgrounds and how they had come to the alumna chapter and the chapter of initiation. Looking at these women and the convention pictures have solidified my decision persue them, the one draw back is that it is a group of mostly older women. With Polyhymnia, I have yet to hear anything from them so, we will see if anything come from it. With Euterpe, I kept calling the Alumna Service Rep, but could not actually speak with someone and leaving messages that were not returned also turned me off a bit. I felt like I was hitting a brick wall. They are such an amazing group and all the women on this board who belong to that group are just so amazing, but in the end I just felt that is was not there.

I have been invited to a meeting in Feb with Terpiscore so things are positive and they have already mentioned that they would have to contact National in regards to my situation and the next steps in the process.

Since that is almost the same thing happen with Urania I am not going to proclaim anything and say that I am in, you never know.

I will be giving updates as soon as they happen.

ciao
ms. gwyn
Old 12-17-2004, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Well for those who have been keeping up with my journey, I just got a message tonigh Terpsicore has requested paperwork for me from National. Since I do know this is where I belong (I have been in denial on this). I am no longer persuing Polyhymnia, a great group of women and one of the dream organizations. But I have found my home and its with Terpsicore.

I know things will work out with Terpsicore, these ladies just seem so happy that I am a part of them and excited at the prospect and the great feedback. If by some chance this falls through I will stop my pursuit for a bit, but that is not going to happen.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ms_gwyn
Well for those who have been keeping up with my journey, I just got a message tonigh Terpsicore has requested paperwork for me from National. Since I do know this is where I belong (I have been in denial on this). I am no longer persuing Polyhymnia, a great group of women and one of the dream organizations. But I have found my home and its with Terpsicore.

I know things will work out with Terpsicore, these ladies just seem so happy that I am a part of them and excited at the prospect and the great feedback. If by some chance this falls through I will stop my pursuit for a bit, but that is not going to happen.
Best of luck, given the nature of AI, anything can happen though. It seems like it's going well.

Lakers Nation.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Keep us posted! Looks like you might be on your way, hon! Keeping fingers crossed
Old 12-17-2004, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Happiness!
Silver
Old 12-17-2004, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Alright Lorri!!!!! It sounds like you've had a breakthrough moment! I'm really hoping for the best for you. I know how hard you've been working for this - I'm looking forward to your happy ending!

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 12-18-2004, 09:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Hooray!! So glad to see that you will be doing your paperwork now! Will be sending good thoughts and wishes your way!

Membership in a sorority brings pride and responsibility. Let your actions reflect the same.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Well another update for you guys to think on......

I think I am pretty much in, I've taken on the responsibility of designing the new alumnae chapter website and will be participating in the founder's day celebration (includes non-initiated members).

I am paying local alumna dues (not national, yet)

the only thing that I don't have is an initiation date and that probably will not happen for a while...we are talking Fall (at this point) and I have two options open for me during that time line.

But until I have an initiation date, I will not reveal the group, but some of you ladies know which group, please don't say anything, I really want to shout it from the rooftops when I have that date in hand.

gwyn
Old 02-21-2005, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

DOH! You are killing me sistah girlfriend!

I understand the discretion and caution...TRUST ME!

Hmmm let me see...
You are paying local dues
You are designing the website

I think they want you and the fat lady is warming up because she is ready to sing...

Just let me know what song you want me to sing!

Thangs are looking good for you
Old 02-21-2005, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

JillyBean, go ride a Coaster or sit on a Bag of Ice!

Fall, to have to wait that long! I want to wet My Pants, well at least go to the loo!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 02-22-2005, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I prefer the roller coaster thanks! I don't like cold

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Earp
JillyBean, go ride a Coaster or sit on a Bag of Ice!

Fall, to have to wait that long! I want to wet My Pants, well at least go to the loo!
Old 02-22-2005, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Wooo woooooo!!!! Alright!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear the good news!

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 02-22-2005, 07:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Glad to hear things are going well...

Can't wait to hear about the big news!