GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,578
0 members and 1,578 guests
No Members online

Old 02-15-2001, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Discogoddess
***Stepping out of the haze of smoke and disco lights, with Bumblebee Unlimited's "Everybody Dance" playing in the background***

Thank you, Greekchat Academy, for the honor of being named "Best Screen Name, Female." The real credit goes to my parents, who instilled in me a true passion for the boogie, and to the great DJs and party people, who deepened that love through countless hours of house, disco, funk and club music in the lofts, hole-in-the-walls, clubs and radios of Chicago. These are the true creators of Discogoddess.

I must go now, to continue to cultivate the funk!

***Exits to Roy Ayers' "Running Away"--the breakbeat part, of course.****
Old 02-15-2001, 01:28 AM
GreekChat Member

I know I am a day late and a dollar short, but I wanted to thank 12dn94dst for nominating me for Best Screen Name.

------------------
Sweet Deliverance's PHI-losophy:
"What you do or do not do today determines what you can or cannot do tomorrow."
Old 02-15-2001, 09:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you everyone who voted for a brother. I am getting all choked up. I need a moment.

MN
Old 02-15-2001, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to MaMaBuddha Send a message via AIM to MaMaBuddha Send a message via Yahoo to MaMaBuddha
where is Nupe4Life??????

------------------
MaMaBuddha

Devastating
Stimulating
Tantalizing

Imaginer un métro rempli avec les anges tombés...
Old 02-15-2001, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Studio 33 (aka The Bob Barker Studio), CBS Television City
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA2D '91:
NOW, you know you are WRONG for nominating yourself...come on now....

Btw, thanks!

AKA2D, you are absolutely right! Which I will make amends for in my next post!

Thank you for your observation.
RM
Old 02-15-2001, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Studio 33 (aka The Bob Barker Studio), CBS Television City
Cool

*Rain Man steps to the podium with the Match Game "remix" playing in the background* www.matchgame.org/mgmusic/promoticket.mp3
BTW, at my wedding reception, my wife must prove her eternal love to me by dancing with me to this tune. But I digress.

Thank you very much to my Greekchat pepys.

I thank all those who nominated me for most wittiest. I try, I try. But I feel that I must relinquish my portion of the award in favor of Bobby Earl and to Nupe4Life?, as I do not feel that I deserve this award, and that your love you send out to me is a much bigger award than any old "title".

You wanna give me an award anyway? Just keep responding to my posts, no matter how wild and crazy they get, and I'll get the message.

Anyway, much love to all of you. And I'll be back soon !!

RM

[This message has been edited by Rain Man (edited February 15, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Rain Man (edited February 15, 2001).]
Old 02-15-2001, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Lol..Yall are soooo funny. Good Luck to you all
Old 02-16-2001, 01:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Discogoddess:
***Stepping out of the haze of smoke and disco lights, with Bumblebee Unlimited's "Everybody Dance" playing in the background***

Thank you, Greekchat Academy, for the honor of being named "Best Screen Name, Female." The real credit goes to my parents, who instilled in me a true passion for the boogie, and to the great DJs and party people, who deepened that love through countless hours of house, disco, funk and club music in the lofts, hole-in-the-walls, clubs and radios of Chicago. These are the true creators of Discogoddess.

I must go now, to continue to cultivate the funk!***Exits to Roy Ayers' "Running Away"--the breakbeat part, of course.****
ROFL!!!!!

You are a true Discogoddess! "the breakbeat part, of course" Woo!!!

Old 02-16-2001, 02:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Shalom Everyone~

I'm posting all late as usual.

First, I want to congratulate all the winners!

Next, I want to say thank you for those who nominated me---I didn't win but I sure feel like a winner just for being mentioned.
(Yeah right, I'm feelin' like Erica Kane right about now)!
Okay, Okay, I'm over it now. .

Shalom! (Have a good Weekend everybody).
Old 02-16-2001, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to The Original Ape
Cool

Hey Professor; want to switch awards?
Old 02-17-2001, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Before I let this subject matter go, I wanted to thank each of you for supporting these awards. It began as a humorous game, and stayed that way for many; but some of you took it serious because you actually looked for the light of everybody's point-and that's good. Whichever way you took it, I hope it was good for everybody. I'm grateful to those that voted for me for anything, considering I haven't been on it a year, and have had some "different" ideas on thangs.

As you all know, we have a history for being the last to acknowledge the positive things we do-especially when we do it for others. I hope those of you that received endorsements from us realize that we trully endorse you and your ideas, so keep'em comin'!

Old 02-18-2001, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Ha...

And you thought folks would not respond to this thread...

I guess they fooled you!

Btw, thanks for the move! I told you you would get some play!
Old 02-19-2001, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA2D '91:
Ha...

And you thought folks would not respond to this thread...

I guess they fooled you!

Btw, thanks for the move! I told you you would get some play!
Thanks for the tip, GOODIE!!!

Old 02-19-2001, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

This message was pre-recorded on the movie set of Professor: The Making of A Great Alphaman!

My Brothers and Sisters,

I am sorry I am not there to receive this great honor in person. While I deserve no accolades for life's humanity, I extend my most sincere appreciation to the academy and those who saw fit to bestow this most prestigious award. I take this opportunity to thank my parents who told me "I did not send your ass to college to chase after those fast ass girls. You better put your head in the books!" Thank you to people like Discogoddess who said just because the Smurf dance is out of style continue to do your thing - it will again come back in style just like the bus stop - to my frat Brother David who helped me yell in protest "The Roof, the Roof, the Roof is on Fire, We Don't Need No Water Let the MF Burn" when we were told the party is over and to take our asses home - to my uncles and aunts in DC and New York who shipped me the bad ass rags every homecoming and special events. You helped me learn that "Looking Good Isn't Easy - It's Just Rewarding" and last but not least, thank you to those bad ass kids in DC who helped me see that teaching was not for me. You made me attend grad school and leave the teaching area forever to become a counselor, activist, spiritual guider to President Clinton and the Right Reverend Jesse Jackson.

In closing, my Brothers and Sisters, America is a great country! Only in this great land can a young horny and cocky boy grow up to be recognized by thousands as MOST SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
Old 02-19-2001, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Professor:
This message was pre-recorded on the movie set of Professor: The Making of A Great Alphaman!

My Brothers and Sisters,

I am sorry I am not there to receive this great honor in person. While I deserve no accolades for life's humanity, I extend my most sincere appreciation to the academy and those who saw fit to bestow this most prestigious award. I take this opportunity to thank my parents who told me "I did not send your ass to college to chase after those fast ass girls. You better put your head in the books!" Thank you to people like Discogoddess who said just because the Smurf dance is out of style continue to do your thing - it will again come back in style just like the bus stop - to my frat Brother David who helped me yell in protest "The Roof, the Roof, the Roof is on Fire, We Don't Need No Water Let the MF Burn" when we were told the party is over and to take our asses home - to my uncles and aunts in DC and New York who shipped me the bad ass rags every homecoming and special events. You helped me learn that "Looking Good Isn't Easy - It's Just Rewarding" and last but not least, thank you to those bad ass kids in DC who helped me see that teaching was not for me. You made me attend grad school and leave the teaching area forever to become a counselor, activist, spiritual guider to President Clinton and the Right Reverend Jesse Jackson.

In closing, my Brothers and Sisters, America is a great country! Only in this great land can a young horny and cocky boy grow up to be recognized by thousands as MOST SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

I thought I was throwed off (which means crazy for those of you who don't live in Louisiana or Texas).

But nope, the DOC has me beat.