GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,394
2 members and 1,392 guests
John

Old 02-04-2009, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

ME TOO.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been waiting for them to flashback to Danielle. When Locke asked, "Does anybody speak French?" I obviously knew that's where they were headed.

I'm confused about Sun though.. Does she not want them to go back to the island? Does she not like Ben? Or has this whole thing not really been explained yet?

@~/~~~~
Old 02-04-2009, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Sun is a complete enigma to me at this point.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:04 AM
GreekChat Member

my head hurts in so many ways! because of the guy in the boat (YAY for the guy on the boat) and the revelation at the end!!!!!!!

The edit button has become my new best friend

Last edited by ms_gwyn; 02-05-2009 at 02:13 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:02 AM
GreekChat Member

As far as what's up with Sun...

This is my inkling/take:
I feel like the package was from big papa Widmore. Remember we saw them meet in an episode from I-don't-know-when-but-I-believe-it-was-in-recap-last-week-or-week-before.
This isn't really a theory i have that I can track back with evidence and support, it's just a feeling I have. I don't know if he's trying to get her to go back to the island, or prevent her from going back to the island, or wants her to prevent others from going back to the island or what, this is just a random feeling I have.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:24 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree - the package came from Widmore. He and Sun are working together to kill Ben, so I'm assuming W gave Sun the gun. Considering that Ben is rounding up the O6, if Sun is the one who meets up with them all (in order to kill Ben), no one would be suspicious since, after all, Sun is part of the O6.

When Sawyer and company were walking through the jungle and heard the screaming, I said to hubby, "I bet that's Claire giving birth." I love it when I'm right.

So, do you all think Locke is going to move the island? Is that why the O6 refer to him now as Jeremy Bentham? He knows that the O6 would've had to lie about what happened to everyone on the island, and so to protect them he adopted the name Jeremy Bentham (because the rest of the world thought John Locke was dead)?
Old 02-05-2009, 05:02 PM

This show is going downhill. It is getting too confusing. They are mixing in fast forwards, flashback, visions of dead people, time travel, present time on the island and present time back in the states which seems to be 3 years after the present time on the island. Then add a 13 week season and a 40 week vacation and the networks expect the viewers to keep track of the show.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
This show is going downhill. It is getting too confusing. They are mixing in fast forwards, flashback, visions of dead people, time travel, present time on the island and present time back in the states which seems to be 3 years after the present time on the island. Then add a 13 week season and a 40 week vacation and the networks expect the viewers to keep track of the show.
It is confusing. But to be fair, I never watched this show until this past summer, when I was at the video store and clueless about what to rent. For years, everyone had been talking about 'Lost' so I started to watch the DVDs. I was able to watch all the episodes, one right after another. So I don't know if I'm a little lost (no pun intended) because I have to wait week to week, or because it really is just that confusing.

Now, I can generally keep track of all the time. But when they say "3 years ago," or "3 years later," and they jump back and forth between the island and home, I tend to lose where they are. I don't know why.. but those parts seem fuzzy to me. Eventually I figure out where they're at, though.

@~/~~~~
Old 02-05-2009, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelo212 View Post
As far as what's up with Sun...

This is my inkling/take:
I feel like the package was from big papa Widmore. Remember we saw them meet in an episode from I-don't-know-when-but-I-believe-it-was-in-recap-last-week-or-week-before.
This isn't really a theory i have that I can track back with evidence and support, it's just a feeling I have. I don't know if he's trying to get her to go back to the island, or prevent her from going back to the island, or wants her to prevent others from going back to the island or what, this is just a random feeling I have.

Sun also said she blamed Ben for killing her husband way back in the last episode of last season (I think)....

I have a new theory with the time travel.....

I think that the reason the O6 only have 70 hours or whatever the gray haired lady told them last episode...is because that is the time that they will find the island and meet up with Saywer, Locke and the rest. To them it won't seem like 3 years, but it would have passed because they jumped.

I totally don't get the guy that was found....he exploded.......

Another thing I was wondering....why would Locke have to die to save the island? If he moves the island he can never go back? So how can Ben go back? As far as we know you don't have to die to move the island....

Old 02-05-2009, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Sooooo . . . if Jin isn't dead, does that mean Sun won't hate Ben anymore?
Old 02-05-2009, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Do you guys read this thread when you're not caught up on the latest episode? I really try not to. Then you don't have to worry about spoiling the next episode.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
Sooooo . . . if Jin isn't dead, does that mean Sun won't hate Ben anymore?
Even if Ben does know that Jin's alive, Sun probably won't believe him. How does Ben know, anyway? Creeper!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
How does Ben know, anyway? Creeper!
This is Ben we are talking about.....

Ben who hired a lawyer to take Aaron away from Kate.

Ben who holds all the secrets of the island.

Ben who first came on the show as Henry and pretended to be someone else....

Last edited by Thetagirl218; 02-08-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetagirl218 View Post
This is Ben we are talking about.....

Ben who hired a lawyer to talk Aaron away from Kate.

Ben who holds all the secrets of the island.

Ben who first came on the show as Henry and pretended to be someone else....
Ok fine
Old 02-11-2009, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't what exactly to say about tonight's episode...... intriguing yet predictable? My thoughts are below in white.....

First off.....I called it Charlotte is dead! Though I was shocked by the " I grew up on the island" comment. What the fudge about Faraday being an old man.....? We know he can't be effected from all the shifts thanks to Desmond being his constant....

I thought Locke having to push the wheel that was left off kilter by Ben was kinda funny....

Another thing about Ben.....why did he lie to Locke? Why not say, no Locke you have to move the island not me....?

Totally confused about Jack's dad being Jacob...He had said before he was just a messenger...

Another thing, If you are in charge of the island....how can you leave it to go have a family and a couple kids...

The Monster retreating into the temple with weird symbols was odd.... as how it changed everyone....Though we knew Danielle was going to kill her husband...

I think the Monster is going to have something to do with that project the Dharma guy mentioned in the season opener about "dealing with the natives"

Eloise Hawkins must equal Ellie back in the 50s flashback...What episode was she with Desmond? I must have missed that one.

One thing that is bothering me with her.....If she has a "island location device" in her basement....why did Widmore need Faraday to find the island? He already knew Ellie....

Any thoughts on this confusion?

Old 02-11-2009, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I think C meant that DF was an "old man" to her, as a child. In fact, I didn't remember her saying old man, but scary man. Not that she didn't say it, "old" just wasn't the word I picked up on.

I think B lied to L because B can't handle that he was never "supposed" to be the leader, if that makes sense. I think he's a very flawed, very sad man who is causing more problems because of his own selfishness.