GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,582
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,428
2 members and 1,426 guests
andthen, JayhawkAOII

Old 12-11-2005, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kstar
There are 7.

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Prince Caspian
Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Horse and his Boy
The Silver Chair
The Magician's Nephew
The Last Battle

I know I got the last two right, and the first one, but I'm not sure about the middle four. I'm a little peeved that when I looked at books the other day and they had them in the wrong order. They had them in chronological order, with the Magician's Nephew first, but that bugs me, because they should be read in the order written.
Are they going to make all 7 (although my mom says there is only 6 books)? I know that the rest of the books (except for the last one) just follow the life of certain characters...so would they do all of them?

If they do anyof em...I'd like to see the one about the Professor's journey into Narnia (which I believe is the Prince Caspian book) and of course the Last Battle.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by epchick
Are they going to make all 7 (although my mom says there is only 6 books)? I know that the rest of the books (except for the last one) just follow the life of certain characters...so would they do all of them?

If they do anyof em...I'd like to see the one about the Professor's journey into Narnia (which I believe is the Prince Caspian book) and of course the Last Battle.
The professor went to Narnia as a boy, in the Magician's Nephew. He saw the creation of Narnia.

And there are definately 7 books.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The professor went to Narnia as a boy, in the Magician's Nephew. He saw the creation of Narnia.

And there are definately 7 books.
Yeah ok...so i would like to see that one then.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:14 AM
GreekChat Member

My favorite was the Wolves and the Cheetahs. Ooooh and the Rhino. The Beavers were cool too.

Mr. Tomlins or Tumnus is a pedifiler, and I wanted to smack lucy upside the head. I did not find her cute.

Also, did anyone else find it funny how all the sudden those wimp little boys suddenly knew how to fight and started beating up those beast like bull creatures? Also, didn't you find it really funny that Asland came back becauause of some technicallity? Its like DUH. Ofcourse he was going to fulfill that promise, because he was going to come back to life thanks to ammendment 6 section 4 line 4. Those who are sacrificed for no reason get to come back to life. Uhhhh HELLO. Had the witch known about that ammendment, she wouldn't have made that deal. But maybe the Witch should have gotten better lawyers. Humph. Where was KDddanni when you needed her.

Oh wait. She hasn't passed the Narnia bar yet. nevermind.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought it was all amazing. I think I liked every single character in it. The beavers were damn funny. The white witch was definitely scary and Aslan...well, I cried like a little baby during that awful scene.

Yes, it's important to stay after the movie ends to see the clip that happens like 30 seconds after the screen goes black. I think it's a hint of what's to come
Old 12-12-2005, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeer
Yes, it's important to stay after the movie ends to see the clip that happens like 30 seconds after the screen goes black. I think it's a hint of what's to come
Someone PLEASE tell me what was said after the credits...I said before, I didn't get to hear what was said because a baby was crying in my ear!

Please PM me if you don't want to give it away
Old 12-12-2005, 10:57 PM
ADPiZXalum

I saw it Saturday, it was SOOOO good!!
Old 12-12-2005, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kayla0deegee
Quote:
Originally posted by BobbyTheDon
My favorite was the Wolves and the Cheetahs. Ooooh and the Rhino. The Beavers were cool too.

Mr. Tomlins or Tumnus is a pedifiler, and I wanted to smack lucy upside the head. I did not find her cute.

Also, did anyone else find it funny how all the sudden those wimp little boys suddenly knew how to fight and started beating up those beast like bull creatures? Also, didn't you find it really funny that Asland came back becauause of some technicallity? Its like DUH. Ofcourse he was going to fulfill that promise, because he was going to come back to life thanks to ammendment 6 section 4 line 4. Those who are sacrificed for no reason get to come back to life. Uhhhh HELLO. Had the witch known about that ammendment, she wouldn't have made that deal. But maybe the Witch should have gotten better lawyers. Humph. Where was KDddanni when you needed her.

Oh wait. She hasn't passed the Narnia bar yet. nevermind.

Haha...that is hilarious. I loved the movie but I totally agree! I thought for sure Tumnus was a pedifiler as well. I also kinda thought the Witch was too. My roommate and myself were talking and decided that really she didn't want to kill them but just to keep them as her sex slaves haha! And I also agree about the boys being able to kick beast ass after having no training! But I really liked it overall!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 03:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kayla0deegee
Haha...that is hilarious. I loved the movie but I totally agree! I thought for sure Tumnus was a pedifiler as well. I also kinda thought the Witch was too. My roommate and myself were talking and decided that really she didn't want to kill them but just to keep them as her sex slaves haha! And I also agree about the boys being able to kick beast ass after having no training! But I really liked it overall!!!
yeah. I was about to say that the witch probably wanted to keep Edmund as a sex slave, but I didn't want people to think I was weird. Thank god, you are weird too.

I loved this movie too. I just found it hilarious. Obviously this movie wasn't trying to win oscars so people shouldn't be putting it on the same pedestal as The 40 year old Virgin or something (that was a joke, laugh).

Ok also, did you also realize that there really was no need for the humans? I mean, Asland and his crew totally would have won even without the 4 nimrods. Think about it. If Edmund never fucks up and tells the witch everything, shit would have been alot easier. Asland barely fought too. The Sagitarrius guy, the Rhino and the cheetas were the badasses that saved the day. All Peter did was ride a white horse and yell at Edmund. And why didn't anyone else think of breaking the witches wand? That would have been the first thing I went after. Then I would have grabbed her boob next (another joke, laugh)
Old 12-13-2005, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AznSAE
Quote:
There are 7.

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Prince Caspian
Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Horse and his Boy
The Silver Chair
The Magician's Nephew
The Last Battle

I know I got the last two right, and the first one, but I'm not sure about the middle four. I'm a little peeved that when I looked at books the other day and they had them in the wrong order. They had them in chronological order, with the Magician's Nephew first, but that bugs me, because they should be read in the order written.
i havent read all the books yet. but, i did read a little of the magician's nephew. from what i read, why would this one not be the first of the series? isnt the magicians's nephew where they first discover narnia and the professor was a kid at the time? i could be wrong since i am just assuming from what i read.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kayla0deegee
Quote:
Originally posted by BobbyTheDon
yeah. I was about to say that the witch probably wanted to keep Edmund as a sex slave, but I didn't want people to think I was weird. Thank god, you are weird too.

I loved this movie too. I just found it hilarious. Obviously this movie wasn't trying to win oscars so people shouldn't be putting it on the same pedestal as The 40 year old Virgin or something (that was a joke, laugh).

Ok also, did you also realize that there really was no need for the humans? I mean, Asland and his crew totally would have won even without the 4 nimrods. Think about it. If Edmund never fucks up and tells the witch everything, shit would have been alot easier. Asland barely fought too. The Sagitarrius guy, the Rhino and the cheetas were the badasses that saved the day. All Peter did was ride a white horse and yell at Edmund. And why didn't anyone else think of breaking the witches wand? That would have been the first thing I went after. Then I would have grabbed her boob next (another joke, laugh)

Ok or even moreso....why didn't Asland just kill the white witch when they were talking in the tent....talk about a timesaver! Then like 500 of Asland's army wouldn't have had to die, nor would have Asland(especially if he knew he would come back to life anyway), and then the White Witch's army wouldn't have known what the hell to do, and the kids still could've been rulers or whatever....
And seriously Edmund was just a big screw up in the movie....all he did was cause trouble....if i were them I would've been like screw you, you little shit...quit causing trouble!
Old 12-13-2005, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AznSAE
i havent read all the books yet. but, i did read a little of the magician's nephew. from what i read, why would this one not be the first of the series? isnt the magicians's nephew where they first discover narnia and the professor was a kid at the time? i could be wrong since i am just assuming from what i read.
But the Magician's Nephew was written next to last, so it should be read next to last, the Lion the Witch and the Wrdrobe was written first, so it should be read first.

I don't understand why, when they switched publishers, that the new publisher started distributing the books in the wrong order.

ETA: ASLAN People! There is no D!
Old 12-13-2005, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kayla0deegee
Ok or even moreso....why didn't Asland just kill the white witch when they were talking in the tent....talk about a timesaver! Then like 500 of Asland's army wouldn't have had to die, nor would have Asland(especially if he knew he would come back to life anyway), and then the White Witch's army wouldn't have known what the hell to do, and the kids still could've been rulers or whatever....
And seriously Edmund was just a big screw up in the movie....all he did was cause trouble....if i were them I would've been like screw you, you little shit...quit causing trouble!
I totally agree. Hey ASSLAND you freakin genius, next time just kill the bitch in the tent. Freakin dumbass Lion. Edmund screwed up completely, but atleast he had a purpose in the book/movie. He was there to screw eveerything up. What about the older sister Sara? She had No purpose whatsoever. All she did was have a bow and arrow. Cool. She hot one dude. BUt she kept whining to Peter about crap. If I were the director, I would of had Jessica Simpson play the role of Sara in a bikini or soemthing.

Kayla you're my new Narnia buddy
Old 12-18-2005, 03:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Dude, her name is Susan.....

Each kid represented something we have inside of ourselves....Edmund was selfishness, Susan was logic, Peter was hidden bravery, and Lucy was faith. Each of them was important if you can sit and think about it long enough.

I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!! It was absolutely fantastic, I was in wonder the whole time.....I'm such a Lucy.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 12-18-2005, 04:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Quote:
Originally posted by christiangirl

Each kid represented something we have inside of ourselves....Edmund was selfishness, Susan was logic, Peter was hidden bravery, and Lucy was faith. Each of them was important if you can sit and think about it long enough.
I remember that from the class that I took in Children's Lit that I read this book for...

I can't wait to see the movie, I'll problaby see it the day after Christmas with at least two of the sisters that I took the class with (I took it with five other sisters).

Patriae Multae Spes Una