Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,428
2 members and 1,426 guests
LaneSig, Mooch279

Old 08-16-2004, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

KKC: is "instead" those rubber cup-thingies? i've read about them and they sound great, but i'm too scared to try it. can you tell us a little more about them?
Old 08-16-2004, 01:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
the way i understand it is that ortho tri cyclen low is a lower dose of hormones making the potential to get pregnant higher than with most other bc pills. at least that's how i understand it.

shelley j
sigma k

ps - one more reason to use condoms on ortho low
Old 08-18-2004, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
Wine&SilverBlue: Instead are disposable cups made out of a rubbery plastic, shaped like a diaphragm. They're good internal protection for women who've had or are concerned about TSS because bacteria cannot breed in the plastic. You can wear them up to 12 hours and even get busy with them in. I've used them for more than a year now and I'm never, ever going back. Check out their website for more info.

</hijack>

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to switch methods. I'm torn between the NuvaRing and DepoProvera. On the one hand, I'd like not to have my period. On the other hand, I hate shots, and I don't want to have to worry about making an appointment and going back to a clinic every three months. So we'll see. I think I'll give the NuvaRing a 3-month test drive and decide then how I like it. Anybody have any thoughts?
Old 08-19-2004, 10:22 AM
Ginger

I always hated shots before I went on Depo... it was my biggest concern about starting it.

Honestly, though, it doesn't hurt... it stings for a second sometimes, but most of the time I don't even realize the nurse has done it. The worst that ever happens is that my muscle gets sore for a while.

(by the way, I really suggest getting it in the arm... I got it in the hip once and it hurt like hell.... it never hurts in the arm, at least for me)

I've had to get shots for other reasons since I started the depo and it's made them a lot easier for me... I'm not nearly as afraid of needles as I used to be (but still don't try to take my blood!)
Old 08-19-2004, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

so i had my yearly today and my dr. decided to put me on seasonale so i'll let yall know how that works out.

shelley j
sigma k

ps - it came with a really cute pink and black bag/purse. i'm so going to carry it. too cute not to. lol
Old 08-19-2004, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm on Depo for numerous reasons other than birth control, but with my doc, I don't have to make an appointment to go in for my injection. I just have to call ahead and make sure one of the nurses is there to do it.

Dee
Old 08-19-2004, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
Well, I decided to give the Nuva a go today. I've had problems with breakthrough bleeding before, and I don't want to deal with the first 3-6 months of Depo being a consta-period. I'll let you all know what I think of it.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
I've been on Orthro-Tricyclen Lo since I started the pill. Now that my boyfriend and I broke up, I'm debating switching brands or going off entirely. I'm thinking about trying the NuvaRing actually. I see that KKC is just trying it. Is anyone here on it? I don't have problems remembering the pill though, so maybe I'm just fascinated by it.

Do y'all just use the pill when you're dating someone? Or do you use it all the time as a safety net? I'm not sure what I should. Since I'm in college it's a minimal cost right now, but if I don't "need" it, then why stay on? But then something might come up.

Confusion.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by breathesgelatin
I've been on Orthro-Tricyclen Lo since I started the pill. Now that my boyfriend and I broke up, I'm debating switching brands or going off entirely. I'm thinking about trying the NuvaRing actually. I see that KKC is just trying it. Is anyone here on it? I don't have problems remembering the pill though, so maybe I'm just fascinated by it.

Do y'all just use the pill when you're dating someone? Or do you use it all the time as a safety net? I'm not sure what I should. Since I'm in college it's a minimal cost right now, but if I don't "need" it, then why stay on? But then something might come up.

Confusion.
Not for nothing but why would there be a lot of soon-to-be investment bankers at your school?

-Rudey
Old 08-24-2004, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to swissmiss04
I recommend Nuvaring, but not if you're skittish about "going there" since you have to insert and remove it once every month. It's not difficult and I've yet to have any problems with it. I also had the added benefit of less painful and shorter periods, which with endometriosis is a blessing. The only downside I can see is that it gives me a pretty nasty headache the first day of my period.

Quote:

Confusion.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
Not for nothing but why would there be a lot of soon-to-be investment bankers at your school?

-Rudey
W&L is one of the few top 15 or so liberal arts schools in the nation that has strong programs in management and accounting. We have a whole school dedicated to such things--the Williams School of Commerce, Economics and Politics. At any rate a lot of students who want a small liberal arts school but want careers in accounting, consulting, IB, etc. go to W&L. Like half a graduating class usually has a Williams School major.

I don't really know that much about it since I am humanities person. I have had a few sisters go on to IB and whatnot.

Last edited by breathesgelatin; 08-24-2004 at 11:44 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
W&L is one of the few top 15 or so liberal arts schools in the nation that has strong programs in management and accounting. We have a whole school dedicated to such things--the Williams School of Commerce, Economics and Politics. At any rate a lot of students who want a small liberal arts school but want careers in accounting, consulting, IB, etc. go to W&L. Like half a graduating class usually has a Williams School major.

I don't really know that much about it since I am humanities person. I have had a few sisters go on to IB and whatnot.
Umm not a single bank that I know of recruits from there (Goldman, JP, Citi, Bank of America, etc.) and to be honest I've seen a lot of first year analyst class breakdowns and I've never seen your school at any bank. But whatever.

-Rudey
Old 08-25-2004, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
Umm not a single bank that I know of recruits from there (Goldman, JP, Citi, Bank of America, etc.) and to be honest I've seen a lot of first year analyst class breakdowns and I've never seen your school at any bank. But whatever.

-Rudey
Well whatever. As I said I don't know that much about it. I think consulting is a lot more popular actually, and law school. And there's a lot of nepotism floating around. I don't have any personal stake in it, I just know what I hear people talk about which is probably overinflated. You're probably right.

I do know several people that have done IB though. I promise.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I was prescribed for "other reasons" when I was 16, it was my doctor's way of going around my insurance's Byzantine policy stating that they were not going to cover contraceptives for birth-control purposes. But then, I realized that it got rid of the horrid cramps I had since I was 12.

I've been on it ever since I was prescribed, relationship or no.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

i am on it b/c of ovarian cysts. when i was in college though i totally was the same way as you are. no point if i wasn't dating someone. see if you can get your pills from you school's health center or if there is a planned parenthood nearby you can usually get pills for a low or no cost. it's dependant on how much you earn.

shelley j
sigma k