Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, Miles5566
» Online Users: 1,378
0 members and 1,378 guests
No Members online

Old 04-07-2009, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DoubleTDG
I have good news...I made the NALSA appellate travel team. I was the top 1L in the competition

Old 04-08-2009, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTDG View Post
I have good news...I made the NALSA appellate travel team. I was the top 1L in the competition
Congratulations! I'm on the Moot Court Board at my school, so if we go to the competition maybe we'll end up competing against each other.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck on exams everyone!

And for all the other 3Ls out there, good luck studying/taking the Bar! I'm sure I'll be back to whine and commiserate throughout the summer.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegallyBrunette View Post

And for all the other 3Ls out there, good luck studying/taking the Bar! I'm sure I'll be back to whine and commiserate throughout the summer.
Right there with ya. Finals, graduation, Bar Prep.. Finals and such I can handle. The Oklahoma Bar and the Prep though.. not looking forward to it.

Having those extra pieces of sheepskin on the wall and that little card that lets me skip the metal detector at the court house though? I'm looking forward to all of that.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 04-27-2009, 09:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegallyBrunette View Post

Good luck to you as well! I'm so glad that this is my second-to-last finals period.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

im not really anywhere near actually applying to law school as I am starting my undergrad freshman year this fall and am going to major in political science and do pre-law, although its always possible i may change my mind and go on a different path at during the next 4 years but assuming i stay with this plan, i have a few questions to people who have gone through the process of applying to law schools already. ive heard that law schools do give out full rides in some cases, can anyone give an example of the type of LSAT score that would most likely result in the school offering this?
Old 05-17-2009, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
One of my sisters got a full ride to a big name school in the DMV area. She had a 164 or a 168. I can't remember exactly which one it was. She has a ridiculously high GPA and is also hispanic.

I have received decent scholarships from two of the three schools I have heard back from and am very greatful (I have a sister who was accepted into one of the same schools and did not receive one at all). But I really do not want to talk about my score .
Old 05-17-2009, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

oh well thats comforting! i always thought that law schools didnt give a lot of aid and since im already taking out loans for my undergrad i want to try not to pile anymore on lol ya im hispanic so im hoping that helps with some scholarships and im going to really try to keep high grades and do good on the lsat but i guess i wont know until i actual see how i do! thanks for the help =)
Old 05-17-2009, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers01 View Post
im not really anywhere near actually applying to law school as I am starting my undergrad freshman year this fall and am going to major in political science and do pre-law, although its always possible i may change my mind and go on a different path at during the next 4 years but assuming i stay with this plan, i have a few questions to people who have gone through the process of applying to law schools already. ive heard that law schools do give out full rides in some cases, can anyone give an example of the type of LSAT score that would most likely result in the school offering this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers01 View Post
oh well thats comforting! i always thought that law schools didnt give a lot of aid and since im already taking out loans for my undergrad i want to try not to pile anymore on lol ya im hispanic so im hoping that helps with some scholarships and im going to really try to keep high grades and do good on the lsat but i guess i wont know until i actual see how i do! thanks for the help =)
It's going to depend heavily on your GPA. Even if you get a high LSAT score, it's not going to mean anything if your grades are really low. At this point, concentrate on your grades, do well, and figure out LSATs and the rest later.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar281
So is there a way to tell someone you're going to law school without sounding pretentious?
Old 07-13-2009, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

Wait until after you've finished your first year and decided to stay.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 07-13-2009, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
That's good advice. Lately I've just said "graduate school." It seems to cut down on the wow factor.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Agreed - from my own law school class, all of the people who left did so after first year. Plus, if you get through first year in ok position grade-wise, you're probably fine for the remainder of school (although second year can be pretty difficult).
Old 07-13-2009, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

5 weeks until classes start! I'm going to relish the fact that at the moment I am super excited, because I know it won't last long.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar281 View Post
So is there a way to tell someone you're going to law school without sounding pretentious?
Say you were going to go med school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigkid View Post
Agreed - from my own law school class, all of the people who left did so after first year. Plus, if you get through first year in ok position grade-wise, you're probably fine for the remainder of school (although second year can be pretty difficult).
Us too, with a few rare exceptions -- lady who had two kids in the first two years and a guy who went crazy.

Good luck on the bar, everyone!