GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,146
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,412
2 members and 1,410 guests
Cookiez17, navane

Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Lol...definitely NOT Michigan alums.

She needed to borrow your ghost costume for protection, CG.
Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Lol...definitely NOT Michigan alums.

She needed to borrow your ghost costume for protection, CG.
lol
This means war, Sciencewoman. October 26th. Get ready.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN: Sometimes, I wonder what’s really connected to these Apple iPhone updates. Things that me go “hmmm”.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I’m up watching more news about P. Diddy. Another “sexual” lawsuit surfaced. 😂

I just can’t figure out why folks like P. Diddy think they can adopt and practice worldly principles without thinking payment is going to eventually come due. They don’t seem to understand that the world offers its own set of principles, which inevitably prove to be untrue. The world promises something for nothing, consequence-free sin, and countless other free-lunch temptations that are hazardous to folks emotional, financial, and physical health.

God’s principles, on the other hand, make no such promises. God doesn’t promise free lunches or consequence-free misbehavior. He says that you’ll need to work for the things you want, and He warns that if you behave badly, you’ll have to pay someday soon. P. Diddy had decades of misbehavior and now the bill is here, ready to be paid. But the world told him that he can have it all without paying for it all, and that when the bill comes due, the world told him that he can refinance everything and keep right on spending, which is what he did morally. Now the bill is sitting right in front of him ready to be paid. Some folks will never get it. Smh.
Old Today, 06:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I’m up watching more news about P. Diddy. Another “sexual” lawsuit surfaced. 😂

I just can’t figure out why folks like P. Diddy think they can adopt and practice worldly principles without thinking payment is going to eventually come due. They don’t seem to understand that the world offers its own set of principles, which inevitably prove to be untrue. The world promises something for nothing, consequence-free sin, and countless other free-lunch temptations that are hazardous to folks emotional, financial, and physical health.

God’s principles, on the other hand, make no such promises. God doesn’t promise free lunches or consequence-free misbehavior. He says that you’ll need to work for the things you want, and He warns that if you behave badly, you’ll have to pay someday soon. P. Diddy had decades of misbehavior and now the bill is here, ready to be paid. But the world told him that he can have it all without paying for it all, and that when the bill comes due, the world told him that he can refinance everything and keep right on spending, which is what he did morally. Now the bill is sitting right in front of him ready to be paid. Some folks will never get it. Smh.
Facts. None of us are perfect. We all fall short, PB. I think a lot of what we see with people like Puff or Trump or other people without any morals comes from upbringing. Our upbringing is all we know. When that’s all we know, that’s generally how we’re going to live our lives.
Old Today, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Facts. None of us are perfect. We all fall short, PB. I think a lot of what we see with people like Puff or Trump or other people without any morals comes from upbringing. Our upbringing is all we know. When that’s all we know, that’s generally how we’re going to live our lives.
Absolutely. You’re right, we all fall short. That’s not what I’m referring to though, because that goes without saying. Then too, be careful when you say our upbringing is all we know which reflects how we live our lives. True that everything starts at home, but much of that can also depend on who you come in contact with and interact with through the journey of life.

I was speaking on God’s principles being the roadmap to success because they help you distinguish between the things that add to your life (the assets) and the things that take away from your life (the liabilities). People you connect with can either be an asset to your life or a liability. That’s where discernment comes into play.

Folks who aren’t taught solid values or principles will take whatever values and principles they’re given.