GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,413
0 members and 1,413 guests
No Members online

Old 07-12-2000, 08:51 PM
gloriajean

Question

Please tell me the name of this film!!....
There is an independent film out that I really want to see. I can't remember the name but I think it's called "Brothers" or something like that.

It is about hazing, and 3 guys...2 are white, 1 is black and the black guy is denied fraternity membership based on his race. Hazing incidents then ensue against the black guy, and the white guys have to self-examine their loyalty to their black friend. I would like to see this movie, so if someone out there knows the name, I would greatly appreciate it if you would post it!
Please and thank you!
Old 07-14-2000, 05:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

One Savvy Diva, I'm sorry. My mistake.
Old 07-14-2000, 05:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Gloria, I believe the movie you are talking about is "Followers."
Here is the site for the movie: http://www.followers.com/
Old 07-14-2000, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
X-Men- SUCKED!

Excuse me, did I say sucked? Cause I meant to say: SUPER SUCKED BEYOND BELIEF!

ZERO plot development
ZERO character development
Halle Berry as Storm- Better than I thought it would be.
WHERE are the outfits? They had on black leather. Black leather!! And then they had the nerve to make a joke about it.
I am not a huge X-Men fan, I like it, but I'm not a fanatic about it and the movie just seemed a little hollow. Some cool special effects, but just wack in general. The movie was so bad that I actively considered just getting up and leaving.

If you are going to not heed my advice and go see it anyway, go to the matinee.

ZetaAce
Old 07-14-2000, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Aww, man! I really wanted to see that movie. I love X-Men. Oh, well I guess I'll wait for the video . Thanks for the review, ZetaAce.
Old 07-30-2000, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tickledpink
Has anyone seen "The Klumps"? I'm trying to decide if I should wait a week and go matinee, or is it good enough to go tommorrow evening?

[This message has been edited by tickledpink (edited July 31, 2000).]
Old 07-30-2000, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Two thumbs up! The Klumps was hilarious! it starts off a little slow, but once it takes off...it doesn't stop! Go and see it ASAP!!
Old 07-31-2000, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks Mocha!
Old 08-22-2000, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw Godzilla 2000. Word of caution to those who may not have heard about it yet ---it's nothing like the last one. It's more like the old, old Godzilla movies, and the entire movie was in "voice-overed" English, meaning the actors were speaking Japanese. I was so disappointed that I went to sleep.

So, if you're an old Godzilla style movie fan, you'll like this one, but if not, you may want to wait for the $1.50 flick.
Old 08-26-2000, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

I finally saw "What Lies Beneath" last night. Can someone PLEASE explain to me what the significance was of the couple next door? Was it to throw us off? Just curious. Is there anyone in here who saw and actually enjoyed this 10 hour movie??
Old 08-26-2000, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Mocha, girl I thought it was just me. I went to see it last night too. I really liked some parts of it, but I could've waited for the $1.50 version! I think that the neighbor next door thing was to throw us off and add a little more horror. Some one said that it was like an Alfred Hitchcock movie, and it was. It was a bit ironic, though. She was so busy worrying about them... well, I won't give too much away. I think instead of the neighbors, they should have focused more on the car accident --- when that came up I was like -- "did I miss something?". I'm sorry, but the polariod just wasn't enough.
Old 08-26-2000, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I am a movie lover, some movies that I have seen and loved
THE SKULLS (secret society) *****
Frequency *****
28 Days ****
Erin Brockovich *****

Zeta Ace, I am a an AMC Movie Watcher as well.

I liked the Klumps better than Big Momma's House. It took the second viewing of BMH for 50 cents (COLUMBUS, OHIO --Carriage Place Cinema on BEthel Road) to actually get some laughs.

Scary Movie was da*n near X-rated!!

Did anyone ever see that Jamie Foxx movie that came out right after Love and Basketball (***************) where he was Nia Long's man held up in a dairy mart store. I think it is called HELD UP!! It was only out for about a week. He has a new movie coming out in September called BAIT.
Old 08-28-2000, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
I know two movies I'm wating for next year, Star Wars (rumor is Samuel L. Jackson is the next Aprentice of the Sith, say it ain't so) and Spider Man (Tobey Maguire, you got to be kidding me). Plus, I've herd that Ghost Rider and Superman is comming out really really soon. And do not forget about Matrix 2. But the greatest movie this year, CHIKEN RUN!!!!!!! Worst movie, MI:2, should be retitled Impossible. No plot, not development, really bad dialogue. I actually left the theater and ask for my money back.
Old 08-29-2000, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by tickledpink:
Mocha, girl I thought it was just me. I went to see it last night too. I really liked some parts of it, but I could've waited for the $1.50 version! I think that the neighbor next door thing was to throw us off and add a little more horror. Some one said that it was like an Alfred Hitchcock movie, and it was. It was a bit ironic, though. She was so busy worrying about them... well, I won't give too much away. I think instead of the neighbors, they should have focused more on the car accident --- when that came up I was like -- "did I miss something?". I'm sorry, but the polariod just wasn't enough.

Ok now, I must be slow or something (or maybe I missed some scenes during the ten or so naps I took) but, what WAS significant about the car accident???
Sometimes there can be an overkill on "throwing the audience off"...I just didn't get it...I guess I need to watch it again!
Old 08-29-2000, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Arya:
Worst movie, MI:2, should be retitled Impossible. No plot, not development, really bad dialogue. I actually left the theater and ask for my money back.
I considered asking for my money back. But then I realized it wasn't the money that got to me. It was the fact that I wasted more than 2 hours of my life with that garbage.

But I *adored* Chicken Run! I can't wait until its out on DVD!