Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 825
1 members and 824 guests
Xidelt

Old 05-25-2004, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AnchorAlum
You're the perfect Democrat voters. Full of blind uninformed hatred. And about as sharp as a bag of hair.
Quote:
I'm quite certain that although my affiliation is in my sig, I never called anyone shit for brains in this thread.
Quite contradictory. Maybe you didn't use the phrase "shit for brains" but I would say "about as sharp as a bag of hair" would mean the same thing.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAngel
"about as sharp as a bag of hair"
Ooh I love that quote! Funny
Old 05-25-2004, 08:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You mean you can't make your own hours? I guess you just need my job, where I call my own shots. But you gotta pay for your own insurance...
That is the the nice thing about prostitution, or so the lady on 35th&Center told me. Was that you? She looks bitter.

Now I gotta go draw some compensated demand curves. We talk about fringe benefits, like insurance, in that class.

I think now I understand why Rudith is so cocky - staring at all these charts and graphs does it to you.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Peaches, I appreciate your input. I do know that there are some Republican voters in the city, but you and I know that when the five boroughs are accounted for in full, the Democrats have a big edge.

As far as any puzzlement regarding Bush, who knows how a leader will react when less than a year into his term, America's worst single day happens? I can't recall a President during my lifetime who made the right decisions all the time. Nor when I think back into history.

I respect divergent views, truly, but when someone makes such rude statements about hoping the President gets hurt, I really really do NOT like it. I see it as hateful and divisive.
Please understand that if your ballot goes another way in November, I certainly respect your choice. Sincerely.

P.S. I am pretty sure I'd recognize an East Side preppy. I used to be a preppy back when preppy wasn't cool.
New York State has had a Republican governor since 1994 and New York City has had two Republican mayors since 1993. There are far more Republicans than you would think. If you look at New York State specifically upstate and Long Island, the majority of voters are Republican. I agree that the Democrats have a big edge in a national election, but not citywide or statewide. NYC's version of the Republican party is different from the national version. It will be interesting to see what happens when the Republican National Convention comes here this summer.

I agree that wishing the President an injury is wrong. I also think that your statements about "Democrat voters being full of blind uninformed hatred" and "sharp as a bag of hair" are rude, insulting, and uncalled for as well as hateful and divisive. That kind of rhetoric turned this thread into a series of personal attacks rather than an exchange of ideas.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Your replies scatter all over the place, ladies. You're the perfect Democrat voters. Full of blind uninformed hatred. And about as sharp as a bag of hair.
Okay, I was going to stay out of this thread, but WOW. What a way to make a crass generalization about a large number of people based on the comments of two people you obviously don't agree with. I'm glad to find out that since I voted Democratic in the last election that I'm full of hatred, and obviously an idiot. I'll be sure to pass that information along to my thesis review committee next quarter.

Here's a little advice that I grew up hearing for y'all: "In this house we don't discuss religion or politics with those we don't know. It's the surest way to offend someone and end up in a fight." I believe what I believe (and I have extremely strong convictions), and you can believe what you will. But I'll try my hardest not to offend someone-I wish the common courtesy was returned.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mu_agd
BEST. PICTURE. EVER.

that may just make my day.
Proof positive that Bosox fans teach their young to despise the Yankees at an early age... gotta be imprinted into their DNA!

Alpha Alpha (University of Oklahoma) Chapter, #814, 1984
Old 05-25-2004, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by Nikki_DZ
Here's a little advice that I grew up hearing for y'all: "In this house we don't discuss religion or politics with those we don't know. It's the surest way to offend someone and end up in a fight." I believe what I believe (and I have extremely strong convictions), and you can believe what you will. But I'll try my hardest not to offend someone-I wish the common courtesy was returned.
This is very good advice, Nikki DZ!
Old 05-25-2004, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

slight hijack; anyone else think the pictures of john kerry riding his bike are absolutely hilarious? i always wish my runs on the esplanade (charles river) coincide with his bike rides so i could actually see it in person. damn funny stuff.

this has to be a record for bike accidents with presidential candidates; kerry just fell a few weeks ago, and now bush.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
I think now I understand why Rudith is so cocky - staring at all these charts and graphs does it to you.
I'm not cocky; I'm confident. I know exactly what I don't know and where my weaknesses are. That's the difference.

-Rudey
Old 05-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Peaches-n-Cream
New York State has had a Republican governor since 1994 and New York City has had two Republican mayors since 1993. There are far more Republicans than you would think. If you look at New York State specifically upstate and Long Island, the majority of voters are Republican. I agree that the Democrats have a big edge in a national election, but not citywide or statewide. NYC's version of the Republican party is different from the national version. It will be interesting to see what happens when the Republican National Convention comes here this summer.
NY is a Democratic state - always has been and always will be. It's because of the large immigrant population and history. The mayors you are talking about - well only one is really Republican.

-Rudey
--Long Island a Republican majority??
Old 05-25-2004, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KSigkid
slight hijack; anyone else think the pictures of john kerry riding his bike are absolutely hilarious? i always wish my runs on the esplanade (charles river) coincide with his bike rides so i could actually see it in person. damn funny stuff.

this has to be a record for bike accidents with presidential candidates; kerry just fell a few weeks ago, and now bush.
Yes. 99% of old men excersizing look ridiculous. During the summers I lived at home I'd work out at the corporate health club and see all the big fat GE execs on the treadmills or lifting weights and I just wanted to laugh!
Old 05-25-2004, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

And Alethia, I'll cut you some slack. Your photos show how young you are, and how you traveled Europe on Daddy's money. Easy to be a liberal from New York (isn't that redundant, by the way?) when Daddy is footing the bills, right?
Damn. You're the poster child for the saying "When you are young and you are not a liberal, you have no heart. But if you are still a liberal at 40, you have no brain. I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope for the best.
CLASSY.

And AnchorAlum, most of the liberals who have posted in this thread are quite intelligent and very well-informed. If you're going to attack someone simply because they have a view that differs from yours, you might want to call them out on some fault that is a little bit more truthful than "ignorant."

Notice how, despite the fact that there is no shortage of Bush supporters on GC, nobody's backing you up on your little name-calling crusade here? Enough said.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
Long Island a Republican majority??
Over 60% of the voters in Nassau and Sulfolk counties are registered as Republicans.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Quote:

And Alethia, I'll cut you some slack. Your photos show how young you are, and how you traveled Europe on Daddy's money. Easy to be a liberal from New York (isn't that redundant, by the way?) when Daddy is footing the bills, right?
Damn. You're the poster child for the saying "When you are young and you are not a liberal, you have no heart. But if you are still a liberal at 40, you have no brain. I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope for the best.
Hmm.... I went to Jamaica on daddy's money. I went to Cancun on daddy's money. I went to Sicily on daddy's money.

Everywhere I've gone, it's been on daddy's money.

Will you take pity on me that I am young and don't give a RATS NALGAS about politics?

KLTC
Old 06-03-2004, 02:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
Quote:
Originally posted by Pike1483
Sairose,
Sorry that you're hurt, but reread my post. I never said that you hated America. I simply stated that a line like "And he's turned our country into a heap of steaming shit," is a very bad political argument, because if you had been debating someone who didn't know you personally, the first thing they would say is "So you think America is a heap of steaming shit?" And rightfully so, because your original quote was "And he's turned our country into a heap of steaming shit," not that you thought he had turned aspects of it so.

I even put in my post that

"I know you, and know you don't really believe the USA is a 'heap of steaming shit,' I'm just pointing out that it is not a very wise thing to say when trying to make political arguments, because if you were debating politics with someone who didnt' know you, they would rip your credibility and patriotism apart based on that statement."

I never said you hated America, and I was clear to say that I know you and know you don't really think that. If anything, I was giving you advice on how to better argue politics. Think of the backlash John Kerry would get if he said that statement? It wasn't meant to hurt your feelings or anything. You can't let politics become so personal.
Look I'm really having a bad time of it today, okay? Please don't be upset. I'm deleting that post. Please just forget I ever said that. Also since you're online log onto AOL messenger!

I misworded what I meant, and you said you knew that, so please don't be angry at me. I made a mistake.

Anyhoo log onto AIM!!!

Last edited by sairose; 06-03-2004 at 02:24 AM.