GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,160
Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, rubbybuble
» Online Users: 1,341
1 members and 1,340 guests
No Members online

Old 11-24-2004, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, Beth and JJ are to be married soon.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

From watching the few AD episodes, it appears that they're dating this current season around late 1965 to early 1966. (Holy shit, that's as old as I am! )

TV shows still place breaks where commercials can be added, usually at the end of an act, even though it may be shown as "with limited or no commercial interruptions". 10-12 minutes out of a 1 hour TV show is commercial time; most shows are about 48-50 minutes total time uncut. (Please correct me if I'm off the mark, DA...)

Don't think my fellow high school classmate (Jeff Zucker, president of NBC Universal Entertainment) is about to shit-can American Dreams. It's in a relatively decent time slot and still attracts decent ratings, spilling over from football/Dateline NBC/60 Minutes viewership.

Alpha Alpha (University of Oklahoma) Chapter, #814, 1984
Old 01-02-2005, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
AD returns tonight! Who watched it? What were your thoughts? It hasn't aired here yet (Pacific time zone) but it's only an hour away...
Old 01-04-2005, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

1. I'm worried about Meg. She's going to get into a whole lot of trouble if she continues to do what she's doing.

2. Patty is still an annoying over-achiever.

3. Roxanne: I don't understand why you're shacking up with him. He's NASTY LOOKING!

I'M HAPPY ABOUT JJ AND BETH THOUGH!!!
Old 01-04-2005, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Why can't NBC ever air this show regularly? I always miss it because I never know when it's going to be on and when it's not. Damn them! It's a good show.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm cautiously excited about Beth and JJ. I'm not sure if he is marrying her for the right reasons, or because he needs some stabilty in his life. But I would love to see a wedding!!

Since when did he move out of the Pryor's house and in with Uncle Pete?

I can't stand that neighbor kid and I wish Meg would dump him. And I definitely agree with TauAlumna that Roxanne's guy is gross. The whole situation is gross.

Side note: I read on a website that Will Estes (JJ) is going with Jennifer Love Hewitt. That is just annoying to me.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I have been watching this show from the beginning. It is now at a turning point. The writers have to decide how they are going to handle JJ, Beth, and the baby. I'm hoping for a real marriage. I know the show is about the Pryors, but I'd like to see more storylines with Sam and his family. They haven't really talked a lot about him and his girlfriend.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~Martin Luther King
Old 01-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

I enjoy the contrast between the Pryors and Sam's family, too - it's one of the things that keeps the show three dimensional.

Does anyone else think that the "Bandstand" part is going to becoming smaller and smaller each show?
Old 01-04-2005, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
Does anyone else think that the "Bandstand" part is going to becoming smaller and smaller each show?
It seems that's the way it's headed. I think originally that was the show's gimick, but I enjoy watching when today's stars perform as those of the 60s. I guess because my parents still listen to some of the music.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~Martin Luther King
Old 01-04-2005, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought it was great when Jack was over at Roxanne's helping her with the plumbing and he told her that she was a idiot for shacking up with Luke. Treats her just like one of his own kids, especially since her mother doesn't care about her.

I was hoping that Meg would decide to go to the college to show her father that girls can do something other than just grow up to be wives and mothers. Hoping that Pete will be able to get it through Meg's thick skull that Chris is not the fantastic kid she thinks he is.

DaffyKD
Old 01-04-2005, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
It would make sense, especially since Bandstand moved to California in 1964. AD is playing a bit fast and loose with AB's timeline, as I think they're in 1965-66 now. I guess the truth gremlins will catch up with them eventually.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Taualumna
1. I'm worried about Meg. She's going to get into a whole lot of trouble if she continues to do what she's doing.
Nah, she's going to end up with Sam, they'll have the obligatory racial tension episodes, and then everyone will come out singing "Kumbayah" and all will be well.

I still like the show, I just wish it wasn't so all-fired PREDICTABLE! And give Nathan more to do! He's the hotness!
Old 01-04-2005, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBaby80
Why can't NBC ever air this show regularly?
ETA: According to Fanbolt, the show will be back on hiatus in February and March (a whole TWO MONTHS?!) and will return in April. *le sigh*

There's talk on TWOP that the show is headed for cancellation row.

Last edited by Sistermadly; 01-04-2005 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Quote:
Originally posted by Sistermadly
There's talk on TWOP that the show is headed for cancellation row.
The reason nobody's watching is probably because they can't find when it's on.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
Quote:
Originally posted by LatinaAlumna

Side note: I read on a website that Will Estes (JJ) is going with Jennifer Love Hewitt. That is just annoying to me.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aside from that, I love the show. Are Meg and Chris gonna sleep together next week? That's the impression I got from the previews. And I have to agree with everyone else, Luke is nasty, especially with that hideous beard.