Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,295
1 members and 1,294 guests
No Members online

Old 03-31-2011, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Which version are you gonna get, honey? Full stones or points?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
Are you a betting kind of person? I already know

ETA: I see that the history is available for pre-order. Hope that it will be sold to non-members also. Would very much like to have a copy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
I have a feeling...
If you're thinking both, then you would be right. If I absolutely had to make a choice, I'd probably go with the points (or find a sister to order one for me!) I LOVE the idea that we can order the pin as a ring or necklace right from the get go!

Bri, I see 10K, 10KW, and SS. I'm thinking somehow (possibly wishfully) 10K = 10K yellow gold, 10KW = 10K white gold, and SS = sterling silver. I just NEED to know if that's so! Would anyone else read it like that? The prices are dead cheap, in comparison to many others, too! I may have to make a call tomorrow...

So, I'm looking at $619 prior to registration & sundry goodies, but I did budget for $1,000 for pins/violets/items I just have to have. Looking good. I have no idea which District I'm in. First? Third? I was in a Province, for heaven's sake! Sadly, I remember that it was Theta Province!

Do you have to use EO's travel agency? I think I have enough ff miles.

Seriously, who here is going? If I'm going to order any Violets for My Sister, I really should know for whom! I'll take that to another list, however.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
If you're thinking both, then you would be right. If I absolutely had to make a choice, I'd probably go with the points (or find a sister to order one for me!) I LOVE the idea that we can order the pin as a ring or necklace right from the get go!

Bri, I see 10K, 10KW, and SS. I'm thinking somehow (possibly wishfully) 10K = 10K yellow gold, 10KW = 10K white gold, and SS = sterling silver. I just NEED to know if that's so! Would anyone else read it like that? The prices are dead cheap, in comparison to many others, too! I may have to make a call tomorrow...

So, I'm looking at $619 prior to registration & sundry goodies, but I did budget for $1,000 for pins/violets/items I just have to have. Looking good. I have no idea which District I'm in. First? Third? I was in a Province, for heaven's sake! Sadly, I remember that it was Theta Province!

Seriously, who here is going? If I'm going to order any Violets for My Sister, I really should know for whom! I'll take that to another list, however.
That's how I'd read it!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Honey, consider the yellow gold option if it's affordable. I do love me some turquoise and yellow gold.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 03-31-2011, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Hmmm.... The Herff-Jones Fraternity & Sorority Jewelry site is down. Could they be adding...?????

Okay, it's back up. It says, "10K Yellow Gold, 10K White Gold" on most of the jewelry. I was hoping to see how their order form looks, but we have to go through EO for a pin. As it should be, I guess.

Last edited by honeychile; 03-31-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I am going!!!! Hopefully I will be ordering the full turquoise badge. I would really like to get it as a ring, but I barely have enough for the badge itself! I guess that's what happens when you are lucky enough to get to go as a collegian! Awesome experience and the chapter pays for it, but you have little personal spending money.

Anyway, I'm so excited!! They have a Lilly Pulitzer in our hotel, by the way!

Proud to be an Old Dominion Diamond and a Macon Magnolia!

Some people call it manipulation, Southern Belles call it charm.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

I am all registered for Convention! I also ordered the sterling silver badge with the four stones and a copy of Sisters...I just couldn't resist!
Old 04-01-2011, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nauadpi Send a message via Yahoo to nauadpi
I so want the sterling silver badge with four points permanently mounted on the pendant. Sadly it looks like I won't get to go to convention this year. My husband just started a new job, I am pregnant and due any day now and we have a 2 year old. So no way to have vacation time for him to watch the munchkins. Hopefully one of these years I will get to go.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauadpi View Post
I so want the sterling silver badge with four points permanently mounted on the pendant. Sadly it looks like I won't get to go to convention this year. My husband just started a new job, I am pregnant and due any day now and we have a 2 year old. So no way to have vacation time for him to watch the munchkins. Hopefully one of these years I will get to go.
Can you only get the badge if you go to convention? And if so, don't you have a sister going to convention who'd do you a favor?
Old 04-02-2011, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Can you only get the badge if you go to convention? And if so, don't you have a sister going to convention who'd do you a favor?
You can order outside of convention. I just have to justify the cost.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You can order outside of convention. I just have to justify the cost.
New baby? A two-year old? Trust me, he can't argue.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post

You're in District 3. You shouldn't have to use the EO travel agency unless you're attending as a voting delegate (and probably not even then).

I'm not doing Convention this year (I went last time), but I'm thinking of getting the 4-points pin...
Old 04-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

My problem is taking the time off! I can definitely make Thursday>Sunday am, but Tuesday & Wednesday are probably just too hard to do. I'm trying to justify it, especially since there are two other weeks that I'll be off by the end of the year.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
New baby? A two-year old? Trust me, he can't argue.
Actually today on his own he offered to buy it for me. :-)
Old 04-04-2011, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Honey, you don't have to use their travel agency. I didn't use it for 07 convention. I booked my flight on my own doing some searching. I did call and find out how much it would cost me to go through them but I was able to find a better deal through like travelocity or expedia (something like that).
I'll probably be one of those people who registers late. I'm not sure if I'll be able to have the money in place by the 23rd. It all depends on how quickly I get my refund from NC. I'm not holding my breathe (as a coworker submitted her refund paperwork in February and still has yet to receive her refund). We shall see.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 04-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Actually today on his own he offered to buy it for me. :-)
What a guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
Honey, you don't have to use their travel agency. I didn't use it for 07 convention. I booked my flight on my own doing some searching. I did call and find out how much it would cost me to go through them but I was able to find a better deal through like travelocity or expedia (something like that).
I'll probably be one of those people who registers late. I'm not sure if I'll be able to have the money in place by the 23rd. It all depends on how quickly I get my refund from NC. I'm not holding my breathe (as a coworker submitted her refund paperwork in February and still has yet to receive her refund). We shall see.
Here types late applicant #2. I have so much riding on this, and I have to figure out the best way to see it through.