GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,140
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, LatexXUK
» Online Users: 1,064
0 members and 1,064 guests
No Members online

Old 08-30-2013, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Personally, I think the houses are a slight part of the scenario. Although there has been a monetary increase across the board, in most cases this money goes directly toward a return (either food or housing, etc...) But more IS required than previous years, so I can see where there may be a transitional perception that sorority life is too expensive now- could turn numbers down a bit.

At Tennessee I think the bigger issue is that, over the last ten years, admission to the University itself has been becoming more and more difficult. Many women who got in easily a decade ago would not be able to meet the requirements today. So it is a much different school of women coming to UT these days- many are extremely focused on school and don't consider Recruitment. I think we are losing many women to schools like Alabama, Auburn, and South Carolina--all campuses whose Greek Life is experiencing tremendous growth. Just my humble opinion...hope no one takes offense!

I'm sure the "butt chugging" didn't help us either. Lordy, what a nightmare!
Old 08-30-2013, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Being from Tennessee, of course we've heard about that little incident but other than that I've heard great things about greek life. Does anyone know about the actual events the sororities have. Meaning which ones at UTK is the Most involved or do most all do the same events?