GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,566
2 members and 1,564 guests
Cookiez17

Old 10-13-2004, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Need a Haloween costume for your pet?

HERE YA GO!

I don't know which is worse, the biker dog....

the Rock Star dog.....

or the bride.....

Happy shopping!
Old 10-13-2004, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RioLambdaAlum Send a message via Yahoo to RioLambdaAlum
I got two bunnies. Curious Lil One and Dinky Derigado (not spelled right roomy nows right spelling) Tiger but we just call them Curious and Dinky...unless they get in trouble of course lol
Old 09-12-2005, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

He's not mine. I'm just fostering him for a few weeks. But he's SOOOOOO cute.

He's 6 weeks old and a brown/white tabby with blue eyes (we think.) He will be available for adoption once he gets to be 2 pounds. (He's barely a pound now...)
Old 09-12-2005, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

I have tons of pictures, but have no idea how to attach them..
I have two large dogs, Kay Dee(white golden ret and lab mix) and Emma (black chow and lab mix). Both adpoted and very loved.
Everyone's pictures are so cute!
Old 09-12-2005, 04:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
Here he is!

Here is my "child", Winston. A spoiled bulldog who runs this house. But how can you resist this face??

Yeah, yeah...a face only a mother can love!

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 09-12-2005, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I have one rat, Julius Rattus. He looks a little evil in this pic, but he's really cute and friendly! I adopted him from the humane society back in July.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
love the pics!

I have a lab (half chocolate half yellow) named Riley and a beta fish named Nemo.

PS - Did you name Winston after a beanie baby?
http://store1.yimg.com/I/allbeanies-store_1862_12333697
Old 09-12-2005, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to cntryZTA5
One of my dogs, Shelby. She's a mini dachshund...

I have another dog that I need to find a picture of. She's a lab mix.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
Re: love the pics!

Quote:
Originally posted by LightBulb

PS - Did you name Winston after a beanie baby?
http://store1.yimg.com/I/allbeanies-store_1862_12333697
Nope, I named him for Winston Churchill. He looked just like him as a puppy.

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 05-03-2006, 07:43 AM
GreekChat Member

My boyfriend & I got a boxer mix from The Haven for Dogs a few weeks ago. Her name is Anna:

Last edited by _Lisa_; 05-03-2006 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Old 05-03-2006, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
I have six cats.
LOL and a dog. They were going to euthanize his dorky butt.

Old 05-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
LOL and a dog. They were going to euthanize his dorky butt.

That was such a blessing to that dog! I just got this in my email:

A man in Grand Rapids, Michigan incredibly took out a $7000 full page ad in the paper to present the following essay to the people of his community.

HOW COULD YOU? By Jim Willis, 2001
When I was a puppy I entertained you with my antics and made you laugh. You called me your child and despite a number of chewed shoes and a couple of murdered throw pillows, I became your best friend. Whenever I was “bad”, you’d shake your finger at me and ask “How could you?”-but then you’d relent and roll me over for a belly rub.

My housetraining took a little longer than expected, because you were terribly busy, but we worked on that together. I remember those nights of nuzzling you in bed, listening to your confidences and secret dreams, and I believed that life could not be any more perfect. We went for long walks and runs in the park, car rides, stops for ice cream (I only got the cone because “ice cream is bad for dogs” you said), and I took long naps in the sun waiting for you to come home at the end of the day.

Gradually, you began spending more time at work and on your career, and more time searching for a human mate. I waited for you patiently, comforted you through heartbreaks and disappointments, never chided you about bad decisions, and romped with glee at your homecomings, and when you fell in love.

She, now your wife, is not a “dog person”-still I welcomed her into our home, tried to show her affection, and obeyed her. I was happy because you were happy. Then the human babies came along and I shared your excitement. I was fascinated by their pinkness, how they smelled, and I wanted to mother them, too. Only she and you worried that I might hurt them, and I spent most of my time banished to another room, or to a dog crate. Oh, how I wanted to love them, but I became a “prisoner of love”.

As they began to grow, I became their friend. They clung to my fur and pulled themselves up on wobbly legs, poked fingers in my eyes, investigated my ears and gave me kisses on my nose. I loved everything about them and their touch-because your touch was now so infrequent-and I would have defended them with my life if need be.

I would sneak into their beds and listen to their worries and secret dreams. Together we waited for the sound of your car in the driveway. There had been a time, when others asked you if you had a dog, that you produced a photo of me from your wallet and told them stories about me. These past few years, you just answered “yes’ and changed the subject. I had gone from being “your dog” to “just a dog” and you resented every expenditure on my behalf.

Now you have a new career opportunity in another city, and you and they will be moving to an apartment that does not allow pets. You’ve made the right decision for your “family”, but there was a time when I was your only family.

I was excited about the car ride until we arrived at the animal
shelter. It smelled of dogs and cats, of fear, of hopelessness. You
filled out the paperwork and said "I know you will find a good home for her." They shrugged and gave you a pained look. They understand the realities facing a middle-aged dog, even one with "papers." You had to pry your son's fingers loose from my collar as he screamed "No, Daddy! Please don't let them take
my dog!" And I worried for him, and what lessons you had just taught him about friendship and loyalty, about love and responsibility, and about respect for all life.

You gave me a good-bye pat on the head, avoided my eyes, and politely refused to take my collar and leash with you. You had a deadline to meet and now I have one, too. After you left, the two nice ladies said you probably knew about your upcoming move months ago and made no attempt to find me another good home. They shook their heads and asked "How could you?"

They are as attentive to us here in the shelter as their busy
schedules allow. They feed us, of course, but I lost my appetite days ago. At first, whenever anyone passed my pen, I rushed to the front, hoping it was you that you had changed your mind -- that this was all a bad dream... or I hoped it would at least be someone who cared, anyone who might save me.

When I realized I could not compete with the frolicking for attention of happy puppies, oblivious to their own fate, I retreated to a far corner and waited. I heard her footsteps as she came for me at the end of the day, and I padded along the aisle after her to a separate room.

A blissfully quiet room. She placed me on the table and rubbed my
ears, and told me not to worry. My heart pounded in anticipation of what was to come, but there was also a sense of relief. The prisoner of love had run out of days.

As is my nature, I was more concerned about her. The burden which she bears weighs heavily on her, and I know that, the same way I knew your every mood. She gently placed a tourniquet around my foreleg as a tear ran down her cheek. I licked her hand in the same way I used to comfort you so many years ago. She expertly slid the hypodermic needle into my vein. As I felt the sting and the cool liquid coursing through my body, I lay down sleepily, looked into her kind eyes and murmured "How
could you?"

Perhaps because she understood my dogspeak, she said "I'm so sorry."

She hugged me, and hurriedly explained it was her job to make sure I went to a better place, where I wouldn't be ignored or abused or abandoned, or have to fend for myself -- a place of love and light so very different from this earthly place. And with
my last bit of energy, I tried to convey to her with a thump of my tail that my "How could you?" was not directed at her.

It was directed at you, My Beloved Master, I was thinking of you. I
will think of you and wait for you forever. May everyone in your life continue to show you so much loyalty.

A Note from the Author: If "How Could You?" brought tears to your eyes as you read it, as it did to mine as I wrote it, it is because it is the composite story of the millions of formerly "owned" pets who die each year in American & Canadian animal shelters. Please use this to help educate, on your websites, in newsletters, on animal shelter and vet office bulletin boards. Tell the public that the decision to add a pet to the family is an important one for life, that animals deserve our love and sensible care, that finding another appropriate home for your animal is your responsibility and any local humane society or animal welfare league can offer you good advice, and that all life is precious. Please do your part to stop the killing, and encourage all spay & neuter campaigns in order to prevent unwanted animals.

Please pass this on to everyone, not to hurt them or make them sad, but it could save maybe, even one, unwanted pet.

Remember...They love UNCONDITIONALLY.

Btw, we have a rescue dog, the sweetest little Bichon Frise on four paws - Buffy:

Last edited by honeychile; 05-03-2006 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Banned

I really want to go bear hunting in Alaska.

Does anyone want to go with me so we get a cheaper rate?

-Rudey
Old 05-03-2006, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
I really want to go bear hunting in Alaska.

Does anyone want to go with me so we get a cheaper rate?

-Rudey

I'll go. As long as the bears we kill are little baby cubs. I always hated the Chicago Cubs, so I want to make sure all little baby cubs are gone and don't make their way to Chicago. No matter how cute they are. Bears aren't cute! They are mean!