GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,406
1 members and 1,405 guests
John

Old 04-17-2009, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't believe that Taj chose Stephen as the guy to trust. She obviously screwed up there. I know they like to blindside us, but I'd like to see more of the discussions about who is getting voted off. I've been watching long enough to know it wouldn't be Coach since it was edited to look like it was going to be Coach but I really wasn't sure if it would be Sierra or Brandon. A threeway tie would have been awesome.

I'm beginning to think that they will all want to take Coach to the finals because they know nobody would vote for him? Just a thought.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmom View Post
What do y'all think of the pygmie kidnapping/near death experience in the Amazon story that Coach told!! How about at tribal where he told Jeff something about them wanting to eat his butt??? What???
That was just hysterical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I've been watching long enough to know it wouldn't be Coach since it was edited to look like it was going to be Coach . . . .
Yeah, but I kept hoping. I'll have to pull for Stephen or JT now.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Jeff Probst's blog is freakin' hilarious:

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...rvivor%27+ep+9
That is classic. I especially love the one quote:

Brendan: "We're throwing underhand breaking tiles and none of us have ever done this before"
Coach: "I have"

That line pissed me off more than anything! Are you serious? Now you're just making stuff up, Coach. To be honest, I see him as being similar to a Randy from last season. I think he'll stay around for a little while, but I see a major blindside coming eventually.

And I think that Stephen gets away with switching sides so often because he seems like the weak, clueless guy who just goes along with everything everyone says. His plots and schemes aren't advertised around camp. He only says these things to the cameras one-on-one. I don't think anyone sees him as a threat right now (especially because he's not winning every challenge, and it took him 2 hours to build a fire). For now, he's seen as an extra vote one way or the other.

@~/~~~~
Old 04-18-2009, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
That line pissed me off more than anything! Are you serious? Now you're just making stuff up, Coach.
The line is funny because he pretends he HAS done everything, but it actually works against him, basically proving that he'll say anything for attention.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
The line is funny because he pretends he HAS done everything, but it actually works against him, basically proving that he'll say anything for attention.
Exactly. If I were there with them, I'd start making up stories of my own, just to see how Coach reacted to them. I'd try to one-up everything he said. When he told his story of kayaking through the Amazon, and being captured by the natives, I'd make up an equally outlandish story just to see what he says.

@~/~~~~
Old 04-18-2009, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Exactly. If I were there with them, I'd start making up stories of my own, just to see how Coach reacted to them. I'd try to one-up everything he said. When he told his story of kayaking through the Amazon, and being captured by the natives, I'd make up an equally outlandish story just to see what he says.
I don't know what chapter Deb is from, but I'd love for her to just come out with "I survived rush and pledging in the 80s (70s?) at XYZ (hopefully a ridiculously competitive) University" next time he starts on stories.

Last edited by AlphaFrog; 04-18-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Jeff Probst's blog is freakin' hilarious:

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...rvivor%27+ep+9
I love Jeff Probst in a whole new way now. That is new level of fantastic. I never knew he was that funny.

"Hence my name, the dragon slayer."
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I don't know what chapter Deb is from, but I'd love for her to just come out with "I survived rush and pledging in the 80s (70s?) at XYZ (hopefully a ridiculously competitive) University" next time he starts on stories.
She's from Eastern Illinois University. She could always say Auburn though
Old 04-20-2009, 02:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to a.e.B.O.T.
Coach is a Dick... capital D, truly, there are others with arrogance, but his really takes the cake in his self-loving... good tv? maybe, but im ready to vomit and tired of it...
Old 04-20-2009, 10:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I finally had a chance to watch last night (and thanks for the link to Jeff's blog, Jen). Wow. Coach is something else, isn't he?!? Can you imagine how badly his business is being affected by all this pathological lying? There's no way I'd send my kids to play soccer for him (that is what he coaches, right?)! The guy is certifiably crazy!
Old 04-20-2009, 10:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
Coach is something else, isn't he?!? Can you imagine how badly his business is being affected by all this pathological lying? There's no way I'd send my kids to play soccer for him (that is what he coaches, right?)! The guy is certifiably crazy!
He was head women's soccer coach at Southwest Baptist University. I say "was" because they fired him because he didn't tell them he was going to be on Survivor -- he left mid-season and told them he'd be gone for a week.

He doesn't seem to mind, though, since he's going to be the next big thing on TV.

BTW, anyone watch Brendan's post-TC interviews from Ponderosa? He seems as normal as Coach seems insane.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, Brendan does seem pretty normal. I liked those interviews. I loved the idea of the Exile Island alliance and I think Stephen was totally stupid for ditching it.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Now you're just making stuff up, Coach. To be honest, I see him as being similar to a Randy from last season.
My husband says he's like Michael Scott from The Office. He says things that are absolutely ridiculous and expects those listening to not only believe him, but to think it's the coolest!

Quote:
If I were there with them, I'd start making up stories of my own, just to see how Coach reacted to them. I'd try to one-up everything he said. When he told his story of kayaking through the Amazon, and being captured by the natives, I'd make up an equally outlandish story just to see what he says.
We'll start calling you Jim Halpern

Quote:
Oh, he'd just tell some ridiculous hazing stories from his college days, like having to put a pumpkin head on that someone had thrown up in. (see hazing thread)

Last edited by srmom; 04-20-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
He was head women's soccer coach at Southwest Baptist University. I say "was" because they fired him because he didn't tell them he was going to be on Survivor -- he left mid-season and told them he'd be gone for a week.
He probably thought he would only last a week. I don't really think he suffers from delusions of grandeur, because I'm pretty sure that he's fully aware of the BS that's coming out of his mouth, and is probably inwardly shocked that people have bought it this long (or at least not called him on it), and not sent him packing.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that he's fully aware of the BS that's coming out of his mouth, and is probably inwardly shocked that people have bought it this long (or at least not called him on it), and not sent him packing.
I think you're giving him too much credit.
I think he fully expects to win this thing... you know, being the dragon-slayer and all.