GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,232
0 members and 1,232 guests
No Members online

Old 11-29-2004, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Now available on DVD:

Diff'rent Strokes
Golden Girls
21 Jump Street
Old 11-29-2004, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Wonderful1908
I LOVE THE GOLDEN GIRLSS!!

But it comes on Lifetime to damn much to buy!
Old 11-29-2004, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RBL
Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
Now available on DVD:

Golden Girls
It's about time............... now if they will just get Charmed on DVD
Old 12-29-2004, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I just remembered another one I want: ALICE.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I just remembered another one I want: ALICE.

I have a soror who performs a stirring interpretive rendition of the theme song. LOL!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2005, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

...a happy and blessed 05 to all.

does anyone know if Soul Food Season 2 is on DVD? I just recently completed watching season 1, thanks to those fine folks at Blockbuster.
~ Luke 19:10
Old 01-03-2005, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TonyB06
...a happy and blessed 05 to all.

does anyone know if Soul Food Season 2 is on DVD? I just recently completed watching season 1, thanks to those fine folks at Blockbuster.
Not yet, just season one.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

If anyone was ever a Degrassi Junior High fan, season one of the DVD will be released on 2.1.05
Old 02-15-2005, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

From tvshowsondvd.com

few weeks ago we told you that you can soon "Hang with the Huxtables on DVD", but we didn't know much at the time. Within the past few days, it came to our attention that Urbanworks had aquired The Cosby Show DVD rights, and they were planning a release later this year. The problem was that there were various online retailers, including DVDPlanet.com, who were starting to list this title, but at two different dates!

We've now confirmed that August 2nd is the correct date for this release, not the May 24th date that other e-tailers are reporting. $49.99 is the SRP for the set, which will have 4 DVDs containing every episode from the first season.

Urbanworks will have complete details later this week, so stay tuned for that and cover art as well. Our thanks to various readers who spotted the online listings for the show and alerted us.

Urbanworks is expected to make a formal announcement later this week, but online e-tailer DVDPlanet.com let the cat out of the bag yesterday with their pre-order listing for A Different World - Season 1. A 4-DVD set, according to the retail organization, it is shown to arrive on August 30th for a cost of $39.95 SRP (but DVDPlanet is currently selling it for $27.97).
Old 02-16-2005, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lostnfound117
From tvshowsondvd.com

few weeks ago we told you that you can soon "Hang with the Huxtables on DVD", but we didn't know much at the time. Within the past few days, it came to our attention that Urbanworks had aquired The Cosby Show DVD rights, and they were planning a release later this year. The problem was that there were various online retailers, including DVDPlanet.com, who were starting to list this title, but at two different dates!

We've now confirmed that August 2nd is the correct date for this release, not the May 24th date that other e-tailers are reporting. $49.99 is the SRP for the set, which will have 4 DVDs containing every episode from the first season.

Urbanworks will have complete details later this week, so stay tuned for that and cover art as well. Our thanks to various readers who spotted the online listings for the show and alerted us.

Urbanworks is expected to make a formal announcement later this week, but online e-tailer DVDPlanet.com let the cat out of the bag yesterday with their pre-order listing for A Different World - Season 1. A 4-DVD set, according to the retail organization, it is shown to arrive on August 30th for a cost of $39.95 SRP (but DVDPlanet is currently selling it for $27.97).
I'm so glad Different World is finally coming out
Old 02-16-2005, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Where is Facts of Life?!!?!?

For real, it will be a long time before I get Cosby Show or Different World on DVD. They come on TV frequently.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Where is Facts of Life?!!?!?

Pre or post Molly Ringwald?
Old 02-17-2005, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RBL
Pre or post Molly Ringwald?

All of it!!
Old 04-01-2005, 03:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to laidbackfella Send a message via AIM to laidbackfella Send a message via Yahoo to laidbackfella
The Cosby Show - Season 1 DVD - 8/2/2005

Cosby Show, The - New Details for 1st Season Compilation, Inlcuding Cover Art!
Posted by David Lambert
3/24/2005

After the press release we posted yesterday, we're gratified to have for you very quickly the release info and cover art for The Cosby Show - Season 1. Ventura Distribution, who is putting this product into the retail channel for their sister company UrbanWorks, has made the first official details available. Let's start with their description:

The Cosby Show depicted a close-knit and prosperous African-American family from New York City. Dr. Heathcliff (OB-GYN) and Clair (attorney) Huxtable were a happily married, dual-profession couple with aspirations of raising their 5 children in an uplifting, positive environment. The Cosby Show appeared on NBC from 1984 to 1992, becoming one of the most popular programs in TV history.

The Cosby Show was an instant smash hit, holding TV's #1 slot for a record 5 consecutive years and stayed in the Top 20 shows for all eight seasons it was on NBC. The Cosby Show's popularity was so intense that it has carried over into the 21st century. In 2005, The Cosby Show is as relevant as it has ever been. The Huxtables are currently viewed in 255 DMAs throughout the United States.

As you probably know by now, the street date is August 2, 2005. The SRP is $49.99 for a 4-DVD set, with a running time of 575 minutes (24 half-hour episodes). Kadeem Hardison, who later starred in the spin-off A Different World, is a guest star in an early episode.

Read the rest here

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3161
Old 04-01-2005, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FeeFee
Quote:
If anyone was ever a Degrassi Junior High fan, season one of the DVD will be released on 2.1.05
How on Earth did I miss this post???

I just can't seem to get into the new Degrassi series.