GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,147
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, misskesha
» Online Users: 1,401
0 members and 1,401 guests
No Members online

Old 03-15-2006, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Morag
What do you think of the double piercing on one of the Frat Boys?
It makes me squirm and go "ouch!"

You could see the "to be continued" coming when there were only 15 minutes left in the show and teams were still trying to get to the "last" task, with no one having finished it.

Lake is a certifiable nut-job.

Still like the beach bums and the nerds.

The pink ladies made a stupid mistake or two, and Wanda disappointed me last night.

Still not loving the hippies -- I don't hate them, but I don't love them.

I don't see FrankenBarry lasting much longer.

Looks like they're going to Germany next week?
Old 03-15-2006, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
The previews for next week just made me think even less of the frat boys. Like they're so stereotypical boys. I dunno, just not quality to me- not people I want to see win.

And that doll thing would've killed me last night. Seriously- it was insane! Unless there's some clue, some subtlety we're not seeing anyway...
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KDAngel
And that doll thing would've killed me last night. Seriously- it was insane! Unless there's some clue, some subtlety we're not seeing anyway...
Just as a viewer, I thought I was going to lose it a little bit watching the "find a clue in a doll" scene.

This is my first time watching the Amazing Race and so far I'm addicted.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The previews for next week just made me think even less of the frat boys. Like they're so stereotypical boys. I dunno, just not quality to me- not people I want to see win.
I think some folks are taking them way too seriously -- more seriously than they take themselves.

I also can't help but wonder if some of their "stereotypicalness" is really strategy, perhaps to lull other teams into assuming they're lazy goof-offs. That's not to say they probably aren't laid-back-with-girls-on-the-mind most of the time, but I wonder if they're playing it up for effect.

Whatever they're doing, it's working.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
Quote:
Originally posted by ladylike
This is my first time watching the Amazing Race and so far I'm addicted.
LOL welcome to the TAR fans club!
Old 03-22-2006, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

As someone who used to live in Germany, I can sympathize with the mom/daughter and the Danis getting lost on the autobahn! There are NO directions posted. You have to know what major city you need to drive toward. It's a crazy system, but seems to work for the Germans. We got used to it after awhile. We could find our way home from anywhere by the time we were due to leave. It seemed everywhere had a sign posted "Direction Saarbrucken" which was the city at the "end" of "our" autobahn.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
The frat boys (aka Cassanovas) are doing very well- consider me impressed.

I'm ready for the hippie couple or whatever they're being called to go. They're just boring to me, but I have a feeling they'll be around for a while longer.

Barry and Fran are just too cute to me. I REALLY loved the older couple last Race, but I'm glad they're doing well in this one. I don't think they have a chance in winning, but I'm glad they came in 4th last night.

Lake and Michelle still bother me. Their relationship is just crazy to me. Or maybe it's just that he is...
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The frat boys (aka Cassanovas) are doing very well- consider me impressed.
They're my favorite team right now. Yes, they are somewhat, um, immature, but they're funny, too, and they're very good racers. Some of the on-line extras seem to show that they are nice guys as well, and maybe not quite as one-track minded as they come across.

Quote:
I'm ready for the hippie couple or whatever they're being called to go. They're just boring to me, but I have a feeling they'll be around for a while longer.
Thank you! I'm really glad I'm not the only one who finds them grating.

I finally figured out what it is I don't like about them -- they're constantly mugging. Everything they do, everything they say, they seem to be thinking "This'll look good on TV. This'll sound crazy on TV. Let's show how clever we are on TV." Even when they do something nice, like stopping to look at the cathedral or cheering for FrankenBarry, they seem to do something just to make sure everyone watching TV sees just how nice they're being. ("This place is gorgeous, huh? Let's check this place out first!" Okay, is everybody watching us check out the cathedral now?)

Say what you want about the Casanovas (do we really need to call them the frat boys?), but I'll take them anyday over the "Look How Wacky-yet-Lovable We Are" hippies.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

The drunk German guy was AWESOME -- "I'm too drunk anymore." Hee.

Lake and Michelle -- hate. She's like Katie Holmes to his Tom Cruise, which is just gross.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
The drunk German guy was AWESOME -- "I'm too drunk anymore." Hee.
That was funny.

And I liked Wanda getting into the taxi going "Scholl! Scholl!" "Mom, what does that mean?" "Fast!" "Umm, that's schnell."

(Mom's scholl is actually very close to Scholle, which can either mean "clod," "soil" or "flounder," take your pick. That taxi driver had to be going Was?!)
Old 03-22-2006, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MysticCat81
[B]They're my favorite team right now. Yes, they are somewhat, um, immature, but they're funny, too, and they're very good racers. Some of the on-line extras seem to show that they are nice guys as well, and maybe not quite as one-track minded as they come across.

Thank you! I'm really glad I'm not the only one who finds them grating.

I finally figured out what it is I don't like about them -- they're constantly mugging. Everything they do, everything they say, they seem to be thinking "This'll look good on TV. This'll sound crazy on TV. Let's show how clever we are on TV." Even when they do something nice, like stopping to look at the cathedral or cheering for FrankenBarry, they seem to do something just to make sure everyone watching TV sees just how nice they're being. ("This place is gorgeous, huh? Let's check this place out first!" Okay, is everybody watching us check out the cathedral now?)
Do you frequent the site www.televisionwithoutpity.com?
The site does a funny/snarky recap of popular television shows.
Your feelings for the "hippies" sounds exactly like the recapper for TAR.

Since one of the hippies is no longer wearing my pink blouse, I've fallen out of love with them. I don't have a favorite team anymore. Everybody is meh.

I'm waiting for Lake to go all Ike Turner/Danny Bonaduci on Michelle. I really think dude is lightweight crazy.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by queequek
LOL welcome to the TAR fans club!
Thanks! I was so into the show that by the time it was over I had polished off a roll of thin mint cookies. I don't even remember opening a box of cookies.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ladylike
Do you frequent the site www.televisionwithoutpity.com?
The site does a funny/snarky recap of popular television shows.
Your feelings for the "hippies" sounds exactly like the recapper for TAR.
I used to read that site fairly often but got out of the habit some time ago. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

As someone who used to live in Germany, I can sympathize with the mom/daughter and th

You're right about the Autobahn. When we were driving it, my sister kept seeing the sign "AUSGANG". After over an hour of seeing this sign flash by, she mentioned to my father that it was funny that she had never heard of that city since it seemed to be sooo big.

As for the hippies, hey, they speak about five or six languages between them and one of them was comando last night.

So, which one of the Frat Boys has the two pierced nipples? Jer or Eric?
Notice Phil's raised eyebrow each time the Frat Boys say something uncooth, such as ... "tongue-wresting" ... or ... the first time they got in first, "What did we win?"

Sorry guys and gals, linguistic abilities over pierced nipples any day! :-)
Old 03-23-2006, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: As someone who used to live in Germany, I can sympathize with the mom/daughter and th

Quote:
Originally posted by Morag
Sorry guys and gals, linguistic abilities over pierced nipples any day! :-)
I'm definitely impressed about the hippies' linguistic abilities, and pierced nipples impress me not at all.

Still rooting for the Casanovas over the Muggers, though.