Welcome to our newest member, Aliciasmith
» Online Users: 888
5 members and 883 guests
Aliciasmith, John, PhoenixAttain, Xidelt

Old 09-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesrising View Post
Did another thread get deleted that had legitimate conversation and discussion? Because I'd really love to know why it's not here anymore.
Was that the one where you and two of your sisters got called out for being AI hypocrites?

Wasn't that the one where I asked a certain moderator to stop harassing me?

Yeah, that's it. I'm pretty sure it was moved.

And Tippie's still recovering from dental surgery. I can only imagine how apeshit she'll be when she gets back.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBlondeGPhB View Post
I would with exactly what you said. It all depends on the AI.
Wait...I'm confused. Are you actually saying that you'd want someone who sorority shopped, and then found and AIed GPhiB to sponsor other women who are sorority shopping, and use that other AI for a "quick in"?

Ok...now I'm confusing myself. This is too much. Just please stop the sorority shoppers before they drive me cuckoo.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:35 PM

No, I think SBGPB is agreeing w/ you and missed a word or two in her post.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
Enough already...!

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTrax View Post
Enough already...!
Why?

Barbara, if you have a problem with this discussion, can you move it out of your forum then? I can understand how this doesn't pertain to AI at all, and so since that's the case can you just get it out of here so that God forbid we don't irritate you?

People are PISSED that threads get deleted. Why can't we freely talk about it?
Old 09-28-2006, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't understand -- enough what already? If we're not allowed to contribute honest comments to the discussion of AI, why is this forum here? If threads are deleted with no explanation, it's reasonable to expect people to ask why -- without an explanation, how does anybody know what was objectionable?
Old 09-28-2006, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

What's especially frustrating is that if you don't log on to GreekChat for one day, you miss half the conversation because it's already gone.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

It is a bit over-moderated. But then again, when fratties come on board, people get in arms about their posts, so I guess beggers can't be choosers.

It is different, though-- every other board mods only for over the top personal attacks (you can safely call somone a f*cktard without fear of deletion, but if you start going off on their personal life or reveal things about them IRL it gets deleted) or just deleting SPAM.

ETA: I meant that every board that I visit outside of Greek Chat mods in this way-- wasn't saying the Recruitment board mods differ from other GC mods. Just wanted to clarify.

Last edited by adpiucf; 09-28-2006 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:15 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf View Post

It is different, though-- every other board mods only for over the top personal attacks (you can safely call somone a f*cktard without fear of deletion, but if you start going off on their personal life or reveal things about them IRL it gets deleted) or just deleting SPAM.
What's sad is that SPAM gets taken care of faster than the more important issues.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
What's sad is that SPAM gets taken care of faster than the more important issues.
And to be honest, SPAM is easily recognized by the rest of us. It doesn't need to be deleted ASAP, it's not like I'm going to run out and buy whatever you are hawking because Mister 1st and Only Post wants me to.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegemon View Post
And to be honest, SPAM is easily recognized by the rest of us. It doesn't need to be deleted ASAP, it's not like I'm going to run out and buy whatever you are hawking because Mister 1st and Only Post wants me to.
You mean you really DON'T want to by a Nokia for cheap?
Old 09-28-2006, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Or a SIDEKICK.. don't forget those.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

And Tippie's still recovering from dental surgery. I can only imagine how apeshit she'll be when she gets back.
Such bullshit. People on here are such pansies. I feel as though I am in Communist China. Don't go against the man! For real, people need to seriously chill out. When you can't even have a conversation ON A CHAT BOARD what is the point of the board existing at all?

Earp, you're right some people do want to control GC. But, you need to look in the mirror.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Why?

Barbara, if you have a problem with this discussion, can you move it out of your forum then? I can understand how this doesn't pertain to AI at all, and so since that's the case can you just get it out of here so that God forbid we don't irritate you?

People are PISSED that threads get deleted. Why can't we freely talk about it?
The only posts I've deleted here are blatantly insulting and rude and don't pertain to the conversation at hand. I've left the discussion here and honestly, it doesn't irritate me. If folks people don't like how a forum is moderated, then they are free to not discuss issues in it. However, Carnation and I will not tolerate personal attacks and posts and threads that degrade to that (most especially pro-AI vs. anti-AI) are going to be closed down. If you want, I'll post a sticky with the names of anti-AI and pro-AI members so that if anyone posts to this forum, they'll know what they are about to get into. Honestly, no matter what we do as mods, it's never going to please everyone and as mods, we get awful tired of cleaning up the same messes time and time again. It's like each new person that posts in regards to specific topics is just another reason to rehash bad feelings.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie View Post
I don't understand -- enough what already? If we're not allowed to contribute honest comments to the discussion of AI, why is this forum here? If threads are deleted with no explanation, it's reasonable to expect people to ask why -- without an explanation, how does anybody know what was objectionable?
I would have to spend half my life explaining why I deleted certain posts, so would Carnation. Name calling, etc. won't be tolerated and those posts are deleted w/o warning.

Honest discussion is fine, rudeness is not. The AI forum is difficult to moderate, it always has been. It was moved here because Carnation and I are stricter mods that most. The forum was moved here as an experiment to see if it could become a better functioning portion of GC. Can anyone honestly say that has happened?