Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,623
3 members and 1,620 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 08-05-2006, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DST_philoso4
Why do people do this? I mean, I think most ppl are on here for the same reasons....BOREDOM AND TO MAKE THE WORK DAY GO BY FASTER! This is a topic he found interesting, not necessarily pressed over it, so he put it out there to get the opinions of others, not to be pressed about what someone else is doing, just as all of us have, on SEVERAL occassions including you [I couldn't help but notice you have 678 posts]! And should you decide to consider adding my name to the "pressed train" because I looked and at the thread and saw the number of posts you've made, please refrain from doing so, because you, based on posts, out number me by FAR!! you've had 678 since Dec 2003, I've had 137 since May of 2001.
Which is probably why you feel the way you do--and that's okay. But for regular posters we understand that what is posted in one thread may be a carryover from other threads and a poster's history.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!

Last edited by ladygreek; 08-05-2006 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquise1911
^^^Great...We're right here^^^
yeah, BOTH on PRESSED street!! LMAO

o shoot, let's stop talking, otherwise I'll be "sweatin' the Kappas" since we're here, or wait, I got it, you are "sweatin' the Deltas" now? you must be, because you said "we're here".....why else would you say it?! You couldn't possibly be just acknowledging we share an opinion. smh it's a darn shame!
Old 08-05-2006, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek
Which is probably why you feel the way you do--and that's okay. But for regular posters we understand that what is posted in one thread may be a carryover from other threads and a poster's history.
I feel that, and maybe i'm missing something here, since I don't follow his, or anyone's posts that closely. But, on the other hand, I see it ALL the time, not just on here but other greek message boards, people act like you can't have an opinion that differs from theirs without one of the following being the cause:

1. If you have something bad to say about another's org, it's because you got rejected [maybe you just think it sucks, or yours is better which is really why you chose yours in the first place...come on people, I refuse to believe that everyone who thinks bad about a certain org, including Delta, feel that way because they were rejected, so using this theory, we must basically live on the premise that NO ONE is a member of the org of their first choice....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO] or

2. You're pressed because you started or responded to a topic someone feels isn't important [but they are EQUALLY as "pressed" or care as much, in the opposite end of the spectrum, if they took time and responded to tell you you're pressed and you shouldn't care]

Why do people carry "message board" baggage? I can think of many times where I will be in total agreeance with a person on one thread, and we could be in total disagreeance on another. I think peolpe need to mature and not take things so personally, if you and a person don't agree in one thread, let it stay in the thread, why form a personal vendetta to seek out and destroy anything they may say in any other thread?! But such is life, people will say what they like, but they need NOT get mad if they get called out for being wet blankets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilance1922
Its not about swaying someone's opinion, its about realizing that everyone makes their own choices, and just because someone choices something different you, it doesn't make their choice "wrong" or "backward" or anything else.
Just for clarification Soror Ladygreek, let's go over something Jub said [assuming this is to whom you're referring]. Ok, she said ""it's not about swaying someone's opinion, it's about realizing that everyone makes their own choices, and just because some choices "something different you" it doesn't make their choice "wrong" or "backward" or anything else."""

OK, please see #1 above, now she has it CORRECT, everyone does make their own choices, but does this not apply equally to everyone? Or does it only apply to choices that SHE thinks are ok or don't warrant a thread being started? I mean this dude made a choice to start a thread, and in HER words, ""it does not make his choice "wrong" or "backward" or anything else."" It just makes him a person who wants to get the opinions of others on this topic. And I'm all ok with replying and saying things like well it's not "backwards" [which is answering the question, since he did all ask a question, interrogative, not just out right DECLARE it is backwards] but to call him pressed and base it on the fact that people can do what they choose, that's hypocritical, because he is a person, at least I assume he is, so he can choose too. When you respond, you open up to have responses posted to what you said, and if they're in the contrary, why make personal attacks? Most people, to me, on here don't come off as trying to "sway opinions", just give you theirs, and the biggest thing a person can do is understand the opposition, and actually the best, not saying you have to agree, or even like it, but understand the reasoning behind it, without going to the typical greek mantras, listed above. Reasons for divergence go far beyond the two aforementioned. I'm not saying that they are never the case, what I'm saying is that they aren't ALWAYS the case, and anyone who feels like either of those two are the answers for everything have SO much growing and MATURING to do!

Last edited by DST_philoso4; 08-05-2006 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^^Wow. Using another overused MB term--It's not that serious.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek
^^^^Wow. Using another overused MB term--It's not that serious.
you are ABSOLUTELY correct! NOTHING on a message board "is that serious", but instead of having my tourettes kicking in and unwarrantedly "stating random claims" I just explained my position. Must be the doctoral candidate/future attorney in me!
Old 08-06-2006, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DST_philoso4
you are ABSOLUTELY correct! NOTHING on a message board "is that serious", but instead of having my tourettes kicking in and unwarrantedly "stating random claims" I just explained my position. Must be the doctoral candidate/future attorney in me!
Old 08-07-2006, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Daymn!! No what am I gonna do w/ this 11 cents.
***In reponse to the last 6 posts***
= Because you're a semester too late
= Because you love to imitate
Old 08-09-2006, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

jesus what a long thread
Old 08-27-2006, 01:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to cjoanell Send a message via MSN to cjoanell Send a message via Yahoo to cjoanell
Quote:
Originally Posted by marquise1911
Is it ok to pledge a sweet heart organization after you have pledged a D9 organization? For example a Zeta friend of mines wants to be a K-sweet. . Also is it ok to pledge a service frat/sorrority after you pledge D9?

Is that not kind of backwards?
I think it's backwards, but hey like Jadakiss said, knock ya self out
Old 08-29-2006, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

I got an interesting backward situtation for you...it was told to me that a friend of mine that is in ABC org wants to pledge...now if you read that last line right..she came in the paper way and now wants to go online after becoming a member of ABC org...now help me out here is that backwards...I truly think that is pledging backwards...let me know
Old 08-29-2006, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to cjoanell Send a message via MSN to cjoanell Send a message via Yahoo to cjoanell
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBlaZon
I got an interesting backward situtation for you...it was told to me that a friend of mine that is in ABC org wants to pledge...now if you read that last line right..she came in the paper way and now wants to go online after becoming a member of ABC org...now help me out here is that backwards...I truly think that is pledging backwards...let me know
I've heard of post-pledging. To each it's own. I thunk if you are going to do it, let it be immediately after crossing. Don't wait 1 - 5 yrs later. Even though all that time post pledging could be spent on making a difference in the chapter implementing programs, etc. JMO
Old 08-29-2006, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Japan357 Send a message via Yahoo to Japan357
post pledging

I think its always better to pledge before crossing than after, because if you pledge after you have that thought in the back of your mind that you already have the org on paper so at any time if you "can't take it anymore," you can simply walk away and still have something as opposed to the latter. At the same time though, post pledging is better than not pledging at all, to me.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

yeah i knew a dude that had the chance to pledge along with a line. he dropped line thinking that he din't need to pledge and he already had his letters. in the end he couldn't stand being referred to as 'that paper kappa' so he ended up pledging by himself...took a whole let of wood too from what i heard lol
Old 08-31-2006, 10:11 AM
GreekChat Member

That is backwards for real. I guess. I've known ppl who went grad and hopped on undergrad lines. THAT"S BACKWARD!!! To be 36 locked up w/ a 18 year old freshman.
= Because you're a semester too late
= Because you love to imitate
Old 08-31-2006, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

^^ I somewhat agree, but if you joined a grad chapter since no chapter was available thru undergrad (suspension, inactive, or not chartered at the time u were UG), would you go thru the pledge process so you can say you did it? to get the "true" bond of sisterhood/brotherhood? some folx say don't matter as long as u pay your dues and doing what the founders of your org expect you to do... while others say you didn't "earn" them so don't "fake the funk" to speak... I agree with both sides of the fence and although I'm not greek and my opinion might not mean much, I find the debate very interesting

happy labour day weekend y'all!!!