Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,513
0 members and 1,513 guests
No Members online

Old 10-26-2003, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking I'm New and Here's my answers!

1. Where do you/did you go to school?
2. How many Sororities and Fraternities are there on your campus?
3. Which Fraternities/Sororities do you affiliate with most?
4. What do you think our reputation is like on your campus?!?!

~*~*~*~*~*

1. I went to UT El Paso (Rho Delta)
2. There were 2 sororities (Us and Zeta) and I can never remember how many fraternities were there. My chapter closed about 4 years ago
3. We hung with the Kappa Sigs all the time
4. We had a great reputation on campus - we did a lot of volunteer stuff with different groups and were very visible.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: I'm New and Here's my answers!

Quote:
Originally posted by nmgirl98

~*~*~*~*~*

1. I went to UT El Paso (Rho Delta)
2. There were 2 sororities (Us and Zeta) and I can never remember how many fraternities were there. My chapter closed about 4 years ago
3. We hung with the Kappa Sigs all the time
4. We had a great reputation on campus - we did a lot of volunteer stuff with different groups and were very visible.
WELCOME TO GC!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2003, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm at George Mason University right now, and it's fairly similar. Instead of Phi Mu as a sorority we now have Alpha Xi Delta. We now also have Phi Kappa Theta and Phi Sigma Theta as fraternities but lost (not sure the right term for no longer having a fraternity?) the following:
Beta Theta Pi
Alpha Chi Rho
Alpha Kappa Lambda
Pi Kappa Phi
Sigma Nu
Chi Phi

I'm a new member, so I'm not sure who who associate with the most, but I know we have upcoming mixers with Kappa Sig and Theta Chi, so maybe them?

I'm told we're known as the ladies on campus, which I like. Classy, gracious, sweet, and whatnot. It seems to fit in with everything I'm learning in the new member program right now!

Quote:
Originally posted by Miami1839
Heres what it was at George Mason University. I'm a Beta Alum but this is how it was before I graduated in 97.

Sororities

Chi Omega
Alpha Phi
Alpha Omicron Pi
Gamma Phi Beta
Zeta Tau Alpha
Phi Mu

Fraternities

Beta Theta Pi
Kappa Sigma
Alpha Chi Rho
Pi Kappa Alpha
Sigma Chi
Alpha Kappa Lamda
Sigma Phi Epsilon
Phi Kappa Sigma
Pi Kappa Phi
Sigma Nu
Tau Kappa Epsilon
Kappa Alpha
Theta Chi
Chi Phi

Some of my brothers dated your sisters but generally Chi Omega hung out with PKA and Sig Ep. I remember a fun graphiti social we did with your some of your sisters. By the way, I went with one of your VT Tech sisters to formal and had a pretty good time.

[This message has been edited by Miami1839 (edited February 24, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Miami1839 (edited February 24, 2001).]

Last edited by Cardinal026; 10-29-2003 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Randomness

1. I'm a junior at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, AZ. Delta Lambda chapter.
2. We have six NPC houses : ADPi, AOPi, Pi Phi, Gamma Phi, Tri Delta, and Chi Omega. The two locals are Kappa Delta Chi and Gamma Alpha Omega.
The frats are ATO, Kappa Sig, Sigma Phi Ep, KA, Sig Nu, Sig Chi, Phi Delt, D Chi, Pike, Phi Kappa Sig, DTD, DU
3. Our gals hang mostly with KA, Sig Chi, some DTD some Phi Delt and some Pike.
4. Our reputation is absolutely great! I think we're respected among the Greek community b/c of our accomplishments, our level of involvment, and our friendliness with other sororities.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MormonQt Send a message via Yahoo to MormonQt
1. Where do you/did you go to school? Troy State University, Iota Kappa Chapter
Sororities:Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Gamma Delta, Chi Omega, Kappa Delta, Phi Mu
Frats: Tau Kappa Epsilon, Pi Kappa Phi, Delta Chi, Farmhouse, Sigma Alpha Epsilon, Sigma Chi, Lambda Chi Alpha
3. Which Fraternities/Sororities do you affiliate with most? Chi-O, TKE, Farmhouse, and Alpha Gamm
4. What do you think our reputation is like on your campus?!?! the 'smart' 'very involved' women on campus!

MormonQt
Fall '99

LICO!

Last edited by MormonQt; 12-07-2003 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

This is a good "getting to know you" thread, especially for all the Chi Os new to the board!! Welcome to our site!!

XoAlum
Old 02-17-2004, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

BUMP for all the newbies around on our board!
Old 02-24-2004, 03:37 AM
GreekChat Member

1) Hanover College

2) 4 Sororities (Chi-O, Phi Mu, ADPi, and Kappa Alpha Theta) and 5 Frats (Fiji, Lambda Chi Alpha, Phi Delt, Sigma Chi and Beta Theta Pi)

3) We have a long tradition w/ the Lambda's here, but we're breaking away...a lot of the girls are hanging at Fiji now. We're almost equal opportunity frat supporters.

4) We have a reputation of being very active, spirited, and we have the highest GPA, but we also know how to have fun.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

1) I went to Stanford University

2) There are 5 sororities: Chi O, Tri Delta, Kappa, Pi Phi, and Theta. There are 11 fraternities: Sigma Nu, Sigma Chi, Kappa Sig, Theta Delt, KA, Phi Psi, SAE, Delts, Sig Ep, AEPi and DKE.

3) We hang with Phi Psi, Sig Ep, Sigma Nu and sometimes Sigma Chi.

4) Our rep isn't so good on campus. The girls are actively trying to change it though!
Old 03-28-2004, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Beta_delta04
Randomness

I'm currently a new member and will be initiated on April 18th but I thought I would answer your questions anyways.

1. I currently am a junior at Thiel College in Greenville, Pa ( Beta Delta Chapter)

2. There are 4 sororities ( Alpha Xi Delta, Zeta Tau Alpha, Sigma Kappa and us) and there are 3 fraternities ( Kappa Sigma, Sigma Phi Eplison, and Delta Sigma Phi), we did have 5 fraternities, but Alpha Chi Rho and Phi Theta Phi (local fraternity) got kicked off campus. We actually just had our Greek Week this past week and we came in 2nd today at the Greek Olympics.

3. We mostly hang out with the K Sigs, actually alot of our girls are either dating a K Sig or are married/engaged to one. ONe of our sister's is a sweetheart for the Delta Sigs too. We've been hanging out with the Sigma Kappa's too.

4. Our reputation on campus is that we are the book worms even though we do have fun. I think the reason people think that is because we have the highest GPA among all Greek groups and the entire campus!!! We are also known to be the "losers" of Greek Week ,but that changed this year
Old 06-11-2004, 08:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to muzicbaby Send a message via Yahoo to muzicbaby
Cool

1.I currently attend the University of Central Florida in Orlando (Psi Mu).
2. A lot! There are 10 PAN sororities, 19 IFC fraternities, and 9 NPHC sororities and fraternities.
3. TKE and FIJI. Seems to have been a wining combination and that's who you find a lot of the girls with.
4. Well, we are pretty big with about 150 members and one of the four sororities without a house, which I think brings us closer together. I think we come across as very real to evryone. We have a very competive spirit and love having fun wherever we are regarless of what's going on and I think that shines through to everyone else.

Last edited by muzicbaby; 06-11-2004 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

1. I went to NC State University in Raleigh, NC (Alpha Kappa Chapter).
2. 6 - ADPi, Chi O, DG, DZ, SK, ZTA. Pi Phi is colinizing in the fall!
3. When I was in school we hung out with a lot of different fraternities but a lot of sisters dated guys in PKP, SN and KS. We loved mixing with Farmhouse because they are such Southern gentlemen!
4. I think that our rep is or was scholarly or dorky because we usually got the best grades and also won Sorority of the Year a lot, but it's funny because when we mix with guys or they come to our functions or when we get to know other sorority girls they realize that not only are we smart but we're also a ton of fun!
Old 06-11-2004, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lil_ChiO_Lady

1. I go to the University of Houston, the Psi Zeta Chapter.
2. There are six sororities on campus:AXO,XO,DG,DZ,Phi Mu, and ZTA; There are ten fraternities:Sigma Chi,Sigma Nu,PhiKap,PiKapp,TKE,DU,Sigma Pi,Sig Ep, Pike and Phi Delta Theta(colony)
3. The fraternities we affiliate is usually a mix but we hang out with Sigma Chi,Phi Kap,Sigma Nu, and sometimes Pi Kapp.
4. We are seen as the nerds i guess you could say,b/c we made tops in grades in recent years. Also known as the real down to earth girls.And when we do go out, we have lots of fun and everyone around us can see that.
Psi Zeta Chapter
Old 06-25-2004, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking CHI-O ROCKS MY SOX!

1. I go to school at the University of Delaware (GO BLUE HENS!) and am part of the Rho Lambda Chapter.
2. There are 18 sororities on campus (12 of which are not academic/major/community service focused only sororities)
And not to take up too much space, but our major sororities are:
Chi-O, Phi Sig Sig, KD, ASA, KATheta, DG, Alpha Phi, AZD, Sigma K, and AEPhi
There are 16 fraternities (12 of which are official IFC frats) being:
ATO, SAE, KDR, SigEp, SX, Theta Chi, SAMMY, PIKA, TEP, Kappa Sig, Lambda Chi, KA
I just like knowing what schools have which frats/sorors. so I though you would too
3. We associate mostly with the AZD, Sigma Kappa, and Alpha Phi sororities and the ATO, Sigma Chi, Theta Chi, PIKA, and SigEp fraternities.
4. Snaps to the fact that our sorority is the most respected, wanted, and dreamed about girls on my campus. We are seen on my campus as the outgoing, crazy partying, good studying, and just all around down to earth girls. There are no bad nicknames for us on our campus because no one has anything bad to say about us (seriously!). We just recently did Greek Week with ATO, which is our most gorgeous and popular frat on campus. We had the largest amount of new pledges this past semester, and had almost 100% return rates to every round of recruitment. We are constantly asked to mix, and we are 2nd academically out of everyone. We also have the 2nd largest sorority on campus (we come 2nd to Gamma Sig, which is a community service sorority). I LOVE US!

Last edited by ChiOCrazy19; 06-25-2004 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I guess I never posted:

1) I went to Stanford Univeristy
2) Sororities on campus were XO, Theta, Kappa, Tri-Delta, and Pi Phi.
3) We did stuff with a lot of the frats, notably Sig Ep, Phi Psi, Sigma Nu, Kappa Sig, and AEPhi (and TaXi when they were around)

I'm not going into the rep thing as I'm alum, and things change year to year. I loved Chi O as an active, and I love it as an alum too. I've been so busy with my applications and multiple jobs I haven't been able to be as involved as I would like, but I do what I can!