GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,582
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,192
2 members and 1,190 guests
FSUZeta, UW_dawg
View Poll Results: Kripy Kreme or Dunkin' Donuts?
Krispy Kreme 86 53.42%
Dunkin' Donuts 50 31.06%
Other 25 15.53%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2008, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Krispy Kreme donuts are nasty. The only thing I do like about them though is the fact that the Cs are replaced with Ks.

I voted for Dunkin' Donuts.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:16 AM
GreekChat Member

That picture looks like Barbie donuts - my daughters had a Barbie coffee house, and those look exactly like the plastic donuts Barbie enjoyed!
Old 04-17-2008, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
I think it is interesting that many DD supporters cite the coffee, or something other than the doughnuts, in their rationale for picking DD.
i'm allergic to the oil in the donuts at both places, i think
Old 04-17-2008, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
KK is winning.

Close the poll.
No, keep it open. It's not over yet.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 04-17-2008, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetagirl218 View Post
Sadly the closed our local store a few years ago, and the nearst one is an hour away!
Be jealous. The closest one to me is five blocks from my office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
That picture looks like Barbie donuts - my daughters had a Barbie coffee house, and those look exactly like the plastic donuts Barbie enjoyed!
And they taste like the platic donuts Barbie enjoyed, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
No, keep it open. It's not over yet.
Yeah, it really is. Doesn't matter how long it stays open, it's over. It was over from the start.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:59 AM

In answer to "do DD actually taste good?" - yes they do and you can actually eat them the day after you buy a dozen without wanting to throw up. Like I said, the fact that you have to eat KKs immediately after they're made says a lot.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug10474 View Post
i think not... it's mainly just the coffee

and when they have mentioned the doughnuts they say they dunk it in the coffee......

with krispy kreme you don't have to dip their doughnuts in coffee you can just eat them ......

yep that definitely means KK wins

No, but with Krispy Kreme even non-diabetics go into a bout of ketoacidosis from the fact that it is pure sugar and not any dough.

Also, it is not in KK's favor that they have to be eaten hot.

Last edited by kstar; 04-17-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
In answer to "do DD actually taste good?" - yes they do and you can actually eat them the day after you buy a dozen without wanting to throw up. Like I said, the fact that you have to eat KKs immediately after they're made says a lot.
You don't have to; it's just that they, like lots of other foods, are best straight out of the oven. It's called freshness.

Doughnuts are a kind of bread. I prefer my bread fresh. If I wanted something that would stay "fresh" for days on end, like some claim DDs do, I'd eat a Twinkie. At least it has flavor and isn't dry as a desert.

Meanwhile, you may be able to eat DDs the day after you buy a dozen without wanting to throw up, but I can't eat one straight from the store without regretting the loss of my money. The thought of buying a dozen seriously makes me want to throw up.

Our niece worked at DD for a while, so we dutifully took the kids there to buy from her. Afterwards, when I said "how were your doughnuts?," which has been covered with chocolate and I don't know what else, they said "alright, but Krispy Kremes are a lot better." (They were 8 and 5 at the time -- I promise that neither my wife nor I suggested beforehand that DDs were anything less than wonderful, and we made a real treat out of going to buy from their cousin.) My wife and I admitted that we agreed, but suggested that they not hurt their cousin's feelings by saying that to her. But of course, my son did. His cousin quickly agreed that she thought KKs were much better than DDs.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Krispy Kreme donuts are nasty. The only thing I do like about them though is the fact that the Cs are replaced with Ks.

I voted for Dunkin' Donuts.
Wierdo.

~~~~~

I was driving around last night and was tortured by seeing 4 DDs about 5 minutes from one another. There's only one KK and it's about 10 minutes away and has the oven and glass window thingie. It made me think of this thread and wonder why there's only one KK. Then I remembered that we only need one KK. All of those DDs are because DD has to try so hard---and they need to be located in commuter areas so people can get coffee and breakfast sandwiches--not donuts.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta13Girl View Post
Krispy Kremes are horrible they are sloppy. I actually refuse to eat these I would choose cereal over KK which in my mind says alot.

I love dunkin donuts they smell and taste so good. A great way to start the day.

doesnt that just look so good. now im going to have to get some tomorrow morning.
What a beautiful photo. DDs are like artwork but I wouldn't eat a Picasso.

DDs aren't nasty when they are fresh. They are tasty in their assortment of flavors (though I mostly eat glaze or chocolate--sprinkles are gross). They are certainly great when there are no other alternatives.

But they pale in comparison to Krispy Kreme.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

DDs are wonderful. I cannot imagine a HOT Boston Creme donut. EWWWW. Or a hot jelly donut? Krispy Creme is very limited in flavors and they are sticky,and ooey gooey. That glaze is so sweet it makes my teeth hurt. I'll take a DD chocolate creme, Boston creme or chocolate covered lemon over any donut anywhere. I think KK are the nastiest things.. they even leave a film in my mouth. I'll take Tim Horton's over KK any day.

I'm just totally grossed out at the thought of a hot jelly donut.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I'm just totally grossed out at the thought of a hot jelly donut.
Oh, I get grossed out just at the thought of a jelly doughnut (any brand) period.

And I won't tell you what my old roommate used to call Boston Cream-filled donuts (again, any brand) -- if I did, I promise you'd never eat one again.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Quote:
Originally Posted by epchick View Post
So I bought some DD munchkins today. They were extremely hard and stale.

Really? I wish the KK was closer to my house, but we only have one and its on the outskirts of town. Maybe i'll get some tomorrow. mmmmm
Their munchkins have gotten disgustingly stale, I have to admit that. But I love DDs. Bostom Cream, custard filled, lemon filled... love them. Haven't had one in forever.

KLTC
Old 04-17-2008, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Krispy Kreme were decent until they started putting them in every 2 bit convenience store on earth. Now they're just sugary & sticky & YUCK.
This is why you don't buy Krispy Kreme's from places not named "Kripsy Kreme".
Old 04-17-2008, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta13Girl View Post
Krispy Kremes are horrible they are sloppy. I actually refuse to eat these I would choose cereal over KK which in my mind says alot.

I love dunkin donuts they smell and taste so good. A great way to start the day.

doesnt that just look so good. now im going to have to get some tomorrow morning.
Yes, it looks good because the box of doughnuts shown in the picture are probably plastic molds created in a food display lab.

Come on. Krispy Kremes are horrible because they are sloppy?