Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,005
0 members and 1,005 guests
No Members online

Old 07-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners52674 View Post
This. Most people don't have a legit professional video crew document their hunts. They don't say they hope to get a TV show.

If you hunt because you love to hunt, awesome! Have a blast! But if you're just killing animals for the purpose of trying to get on reality TV that's not right imo.
So if she's going to hunt, enjoy herself and probably make millions of dollars, what's the objection there? It seems everyone from the permit sellers who are going to be able to sell permits for lots more money, probably meaning more resources for the preserves to the hunter herself who will get fame and fortune to the sport of hunting all win.

And while they're doing that, they improve security and manage the size of populations on the preserve, this kind of seems like an everyone wins sort of scenario.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 07-04-2014, 09:36 PM

The sport of hunting doesn't win (nor do conservation efforts) when its poster girl is this fame whore. She makes hunting seem like something selfish spoiled rich girls do just to get on tv. That's not the norm at all.

For comparison - has Honey Boo Boo improved the image of child beauty pageants? Or turned it into something its participants need to apologize for?
Old 07-04-2014, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
The sport of hunting doesn't win (nor do conservation efforts) when its poster girl is this fame whore. She makes hunting seem like something selfish spoiled rich girls do just to get on tv. That's not the norm at all.
I haven't seen it portrayed that way. We'll see what producers do with her. For all you know, they'll portray her as some sort of badass. Consider the demographic they're marketing to. I would think that lionizing her [bad pun intended] is going to make her much more marketable than treating her as some sort of Paris Hilton with a rifle.

Quote:
For comparison - has Honey Boo Boo improved the image of child beauty pageants? Or turned it into something its participants need to apologize for?
Having some poor child damn near abused by her parents and turned into a national spectacle is a total apples vs. oranges comparison. This young lady kind of sounds like a badass.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Badass, I don't see. Maybe if she had earned the money for these trips. Otherwise, I don't see what she has accomplished or overcome. Taking expensive vacations to enjoy a hobby doesn't make you a badass, even if you are good at it, which we have no evidence of. If it's about the skill of marksmanship, it's a lot harder to hit a dove than a lion.

If you want to be a badass with a gun, join the army or the police force and protect innocent people. Those are the marksmen I admire.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

Well let's just revisit this thread in a few months if she gets on TV. Let's see how she's portrayed.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low D Flat View Post
Badass, I don't see. Maybe if she had earned the money for these trips. Otherwise, I don't see what she has accomplished or overcome. Taking expensive vacations to enjoy a hobby doesn't make you a badass, even if you are good at it, which we have no evidence of. If it's about the skill of marksmanship, it's a lot harder to hit a dove than a lion.

If you want to be a badass with a gun, join the army or the police force and protect innocent people. Those are the marksmen I admire.
It takes almost no skill to hunt a lion in a preserve. They are used to people and will walk right up to a Jeep. It's sort of gross. I'm not against hunting. Most of my family hunts.

The only way I've seen her portrayed is as a sort of spoiled rich girl. I don't think that's wrong. Her family just spent thousands of dollars to ship her to Africa to hunt and they brought a camera crew with them. It's sort of the definition of tone-deaf, spoiled rich girl.

Last edited by KDCat; 07-05-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Hearttoheart - I have no problem with hunting. I grew up in a town where they post pictures and lists of deer and bear kills in the newspaper. And LOTS of girls hunt. But they sure as hell don't do it in full makeup and pose for pics where they're eye humping the camera.
This.

And yes, her TV show might do quite well, but that's hardly a means of measuring anything. Success does not necessarily equate to quality—just ask a Kardashian.

I simply can't work up the energy to find her worth caring about, much less to give her the attention she wants.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Success does not necessarily equate to quality—just ask a Kardashian.

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post
LOL

"...I'm a throw shade if I can't get paid..."
~Lil Kim
Old 07-10-2014, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

And now for an absolutely disgusting update.

House Candidate Offers $100,000 for Trophy-Hunting Cheerleader's Nudes

http://gawker.com/house-candidate-of...hee-1603158327
Old 07-10-2014, 06:31 PM

This guy sounds like a fake candidate and I'm guessing the $100k is equally fake.