GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,146
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7

Old 08-10-2011, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam713 View Post
Apparently some of those chapters also forgot to check the submitted pictures for pi chis. A few of them have pi chis on their sorority's page. Whoops!
Womp womp!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-10-2011, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-AlphaXi View Post
Loved the pin left on the moon "fact"
It starting out "upon death" made me laugh.

But generally, I was struck by the cuteness of the whole thing. Remember the sweet, naive anticipation of looking through your rush guide before you started?
Old 08-10-2011, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I know I'm late in the day posting, but no news has been GOOD news for A! She was invited back to 11 parties for Philanthropy rounds!

B and C also had a great morning - both were invited back for a full slate - 12 parties! I know this is unusual and am so thankful for these girls. My heart breaks for the ones that faced the serious cutbacks I've read about.

The parties A has (and still is) attended today are:
Opal
Diamond
Amethyst
Topaz
Aquamarine
Moonstone
Peridot

Tomorrow she will visit with:
Jade
Amber
Garnet
and........drumroll please......Emerald!

I've texted back and forth with her some today and she is having a good day, and finding things out about some she wasn't so sure about that are causing to take a second look. Open mind, open heart - that's been my prayer for her!

I'll post more tomorrow and let you know how things are going!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

oh mom, how wonderful!!! fingers and toes crossed for them all!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Just a question: (since I'm too lazy to go back and read)..Is A your daughter? And are B and C friends? If so, you are a MAJOR class act. A is having a wonderful recruitment, but her friends got a "full slate"...and you're not moaning. You aren't say A should have gotten everything she wanted...and her friends...not as much.

I admire you.

Good luck to all the PMNs.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

A is the daughter, B & C are the friends.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you! I have known B & C for a long time...C since birth....so they are like my children too. These three girls all have different strengths and will bring so much to Auburn Panhellenic. I've thought all along they will probably end up in three different groups (if we are lucky enough for them all to get placed), but who knows!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnMom85 View Post
Thank you! I have known B & C for a long time...C since birth....so they are like my children too. These three girls all have different strengths and will bring so much to Auburn Panhellenic. I've thought all along they will probably end up in three different groups (if we are lucky enough for them all to get placed), but who knows!
Rooting for your daughter and her friends! AU is such a great place and there really isn't such a bad thing as a "low-tier" sorority. They will all fit in fine if they are fortunate enough to receive bids.

Here is to hoping for some good news in your posts tomorrow, AuburnMom85.

God Bless and War Eagle!
Old 08-11-2011, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Rooting for your girls! The girls I have met from our chapter there are so precious and I hope your daughter finds her home!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Talked to A today. She had her last party right before lunch and has entered in her rankings. She is really hoping for callbacks from all seven she listed, but is prepared for whatever. I can tell she has three standout favorites, but hopefully she is keeping an open mind about all of them.

She said she burst into tears during Jade's visit....the philanthropy really touched her. Emeralds did too, and she also moved Garnet in her "keep" column because of their philanthropy.

Please think good thoughts! She said she would know her callbacks at 7:15 am.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Good thoughts to you and the little Tigers!
Old 08-11-2011, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnMom85 View Post
Talked to A today. She had her last party right before lunch and has entered in her rankings. She is really hoping for callbacks from all seven she listed, but is prepared for whatever. I can tell she has three standout favorites, but hopefully she is keeping an open mind about all of them.

She said she burst into tears during Jade's visit....the philanthropy really touched her. Emeralds did too, and she also moved Garnet in her "keep" column because of their philanthropy.

Please think good thoughts! She said she would know her callbacks at 7:15 am.
That sounds great! It really seems that your daughter has a fantastic head on her shoulders, and above all, a great heart-knowing what's really important in joining an organization (ie: the charitable causes and helping in the community). I personally think that's a credit to you as a mother, you raised your daughter very well.

I'm sure I speak for all of us in this thread in that we're hoping for yet some more good news tomorrow! And the same with "B" and "C"!

War Eagle!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Skit Day!

I heard from A earlier than expected this morning....not sure why she got her list so early, but I'm glad she did! Saved me a about an hour of worrying!

She has seven callbacks today - full schedule! She was so excited and happy. I think this will be a fun day for them, and a chance to see each sorority in a different way.

Her sororities are:

Amber
Diamond
Emerald
Jade
Moonstone
Opal
Peridot

She has three definite favorites in this group that have been her favorites all along, and was THRILLED to see them on her list again! Question: One (actually 2) of her callbacks are from ones she just hasn't felt a connection to all week, but obviously they feel one for her. How should she handle this? She really can't see herself taking a bid from either one and doesn't want them to keep her "in the running" when there might be other girls out there that are a better match? I'm not sure what to tell her on this.......

As soon as I hear from B and C I'll post their schedules too.

War Eagle and......TGIF!!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:59 AM
GreekChat Member

There's really nothing she can do about it. Her opinion and/or outcomes could change dramatically today or tomorrow and she could be very glad they are still on her list. And she doesn't know if she's everyone's favorite or literally #400 on their list. Trust the process and for dog's sake, be nice to the girls in every chapter. Not that I'm concerned about that, but girls have been known to be mean at a rush party in hopes a house will cut them.

Congratulations to A on a very successful recruitment so far!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Fantastic news! Skit day should be fun and it sounds like your daughter is in for a really fun day. Keep us posted on her, as well as "B" and "C!" We're all hoping for some good news the next time you post!