GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,284
0 members and 1,284 guests
No Members online

Old 08-30-2002, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
Wow, how exciting for you! I definitely hope that your pref parties make your decision easy for you to make. You will know where your heart is leading you at pref! Wherever that may be, listen to your heart and you will find friends forever!

Tell us how everything went when you get back! We are pulling for you!

dzsaigirl
Old 08-30-2002, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm so excited for you. Congratulations on being invited back to all 3 even though you had to make the tough choicel.

Have a great time at pref, and listen to your heart. It will all be clear after the parties tonight. Either organization will be benefited from having you as a sister, even if I am a bit biased (and don't worry we won't be offended if you still like DZ more )
Old 08-30-2002, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I can't wait to hear how pref went!!! I hope that both houses made you feel very comfortable tonight and that you were able to get a glimpse of the sisterhood that awaits you in the sorority you choose.

Good luck! Give us details as soon as you can! We're all on pins and needles!!!
Old 08-30-2002, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Congratulations on your decision...can't wait to hear who you pick in the "bigger" decision! Good Luck!
Old 08-31-2002, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

How did pref go? When will you find out if you got a bid?
Old 08-31-2002, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Well ladies, (and for the few gentlemen that might be tuning in), I am getting ready to go pick up my bid, if there is one. Pref went great last night. The pref ceremonies, I guess you would say, were beyond beautiful. I was emotional at both places. AOPi because I have already started to grow close to those girls, and DZ because I know that is where my heart is. I put DZ first on my pref, then AOPi, and then (since we could put more) I went ahead at put ASA in the third spot, and I left the fourth spot blank. I am really excited to go see who my new sisters are, and I know that no matter what, I will be happy!!
Old 08-31-2002, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

best of luck to you !!!
Old 08-31-2002, 12:30 PM

Good luck, JustHey! I can't wait to find out where your new home will be, DZ is a great organization and not surprisingly I can't say enough good things about AOII. You've had a great attitude throughout and any sorority would be proud to call you one of their new members!

Christin
Old 08-31-2002, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok....JustHey is obviously running around with her new sisters, having a great time, totally oblivious to the fact that inquiring minds want to know if she's decked out in rose and green or cardinal!!!!

Just kidding JustHey! Enjoy your special day with your sisters; whomever they may be!

PS This doesn't mean that we don't expect an update!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2002, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, c'mon we have to know if we have a new sister or not
Old 09-01-2002, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, hello everyone. I sure didnt mean to keep anyone in suspense, but, obviously I have been busy, and right after bid day, I came home to my parent's for the weekend because I havent seen my family in FOREVER. So saturday, I went to pick up my bid, to see:

The ladies of the Chi Theta Chapter of Alpha Omicron Pi Sorority would like to extend this bid to you. (or something like that)!!! I was happier than I thought I would be. I was one of the first girls to pick up my bid, so when I went to go meet the president and recruitment chair (my nieghbor next door, and my neighbor across the hall, hehe) they were extatic to see me as the first girl to go AOPi of the morning. I got my tshirt and tiarra and roses and stuff, and we waited for all the other new members of AOPi to get to the room. ONce a few more girls came, we started learning cheers immediately, because all of the sororities were next door to each other in rooms in the UC, and we had to beat each other out. It was soooooo fun. The, once all of the bids were handed out, and all of the new members were with thier new presidents and recruitment chairs, we went to the Spirit pit to find out our rho chis. All of hte rho chis, one by one took off thier sweaters to reveal thier letters, and we would go up and give them a hug. but then, we got a big surprise, they all started being like, wait, these arent my letters, yeah, i am missing some, and stuff like that. So then, they had a little strip show to reveal thier real letters and we ran to hug our REAL returning rho chis to our sororities. Then, we all went upstairs to the sorority floor to see all of the rest of the sisters lining hte halls cheering us on. When some of the girls saw me, they were soooo happy, and they RAN out of line to give me a hug, and a lot of girls cried and said how glad they were to have me as a sister, and how nervous they were that I might go DZ. I am SO glad that I didnt, now. ONe, because they must have known (subconcisiously or not) that the AOPis loved me and wanted me so badly, so I felt so good that they were just so nice to me. Then, we took a fire truck around town cheering and singing the new AOPi songs we learned. Then we went to a picnic anc played games, then we went skating, and it was just a blast. There are 20 girls (quota was 25) in my pledge class and they are 20 of the greatest girls I have ever met (about three of them already live on the floor with me), so we are going to have COB right after this week, so I am really excited to see if I get any MORE sisters. Also, the Phi Sigs are throwing a party for the new pledge class on Monday (monday nights and wed nights are party nights here) so I cannot even WAIT to get back to school to meet some of the fraternity men!! Thanks everyone for cheering me on, I couldnt be happier!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2002, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Let me be the first to say...Congratulations!!!

I'm glad everything worked out!
Old 09-01-2002, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Talking

Congratulations, justhey! You are going to have soooo much fun as a sister of AOII!!!!!
Old 09-01-2002, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats!!
Old 09-01-2002, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Hey Congrats to you and the Ladies of The Soroity that you selected!

Now the hard part starts and you will love the keck out of it!

LX Z # 1
Alumni