GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,114
2 members and 1,112 guests
Mooch279

Old 08-16-2001, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Good luck Sara!!! lol, I've also been checking your posts everyday to see an update... i really hope i have as a good a rush experience as you've had, and I hope i feel the same way about a particular house as you did- good luck sweetie, I'm sure you'll do fine, but I've got my fingers crossed for you anyways! :-)
Old 08-17-2001, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey good luck Sara, I hope it works out great for you!
Old 08-17-2001, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Sara,
Thinking of you!!!
Hope everything works out!
Old 08-17-2001, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Hi Sarah
I have been surfing the Greek chat boards for a few months but this is my first post. As an Alpha Gam alum, I was really touched by your story, and felt I had to make a comment. I know this may be hard, but please don't take it personally that you weren't invited to the Alpha Gam preference party. We have 8 chapters in Alabama, which means every year we have a lot of legacies (the sister, daughter, granddaughter, etc., of a member) going through rush at each of these schools. It may sound unfair to non-legacies, but every sorority gives some priority to their legacies. This may be what happened at USA. The girls must have really liked you since you were invited to the earlier parties, and may have wanted to invite you to preference, but may have had enough legacies to fill their quota. I hope everything works out for the best, whether you join Chi Omega or not. I wish you the best of luck in your college years.

Monica
Old 08-17-2001, 05:21 PM

Talking

I just have to say that I really enjoyed reading this thread. Sara, I am hoping/praying that you'll find the right house--but if you didn't get into Chi Omega, definitely try informal rush--that's how I became an AXiD and I love my house and my sisters SO much.
Old 08-17-2001, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Sara, I'm so excited for you. Your experiences are making me even more excited and more nervous about rush. I hope everything worked out for you today. Good luck!
Old 08-17-2001, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Sara,

I have been following your posts for the past couple of days. I am SO excited to hear about what happens for you. I am a KKG alum in South Carolina (I know you don't have Kappa there), and it is great that you are going Greek and hanging in there. Best of luck!!!!!
Old 08-17-2001, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CRMSNTiDEGRL717
Angry

Sara, isn't it about time you posted what happened tonight???? No, I'm kidding, but really, what happened?? I can't wait to hear some news from you!!!!!

------------------
University of Alabama--- ROLL TIDE!!!!!
Old 08-17-2001, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

She is probably enjoying bid night! At my school once everyone is in a house we hang out and then at midnight we go out and party since the girls can drink then! The girls in the house aren't allowed to go out and drink once the freshman move up. Unless you are 21, but lets be honest underage drinking occurs.
It is going to be a late night for SArah
Old 08-18-2001, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SaraKT
Smile

Hi ya'll!
Sorry I didn't post last night but I came home and went straight to bed. I went the Chi Omega's Pref night last night. I was so beautiful in the chapter room, candles and flowers. Each rushee was presented as she walked through the door and a sister walked us in to the chapter room and sat us at a beautiful table. The song they were singing so sweet. I talked to 3 girls that I have already talked to this week, so I wasn't quite as nervous as I thought I would be. They did a little ceremony and served us Cheesecake, I said to the girl sitting with me," O.K. I'm in, you got me with the cheesecake." She just laughed at me. So after the party I went to the student center with the other girls to sign my card. My PX and I had a long heart to heart chat about me not getting the sorority of my dreams and we both cried. Sooo I went ahead and signed my pref card with Chi Omega, I had no choice but to suicide. Now it's just another waiting game today. If my PX calls I didn't get a bid, if not I got a bid. So far I haven't heard from her. But I have to go to work at 1pm my time, FYI it's 11am here, but I'm not as stressed anymore. If I get in I get, if not I plan on going through informal rush with Alpha Gamma Delta in the fall. so either way I'll be happy. Well, I appreciate all the care and support you guys have given me this past week. I love you all and hoep nothing but the best for the rest of the rushees, I only hope your expreience was as wonderful and as eye-opening as mine!

Much Love,
Sara
Old 08-18-2001, 12:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
Sara,
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and wish that every PNM that reads your posts will learn a great deal from your attitude. It sounds like the Chi-O chapter really likes you and that, even though things haven't worked out exactly as planned, you realize the potential of that chapter and can be happy!
Barbara
Old 08-18-2001, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I'm so glad you enjoyed the Chi Omega pref! Please let us know the minute you find out about Bid Day! We're all thinking about you!
Old 08-18-2001, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

The suspense is killing me too. I hope no news is good news. I hope she's having fun at bid day.
Old 08-18-2001, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I am glad to see I am not the only one, I can not wait to read her post!!!
Old 08-18-2001, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Sara: you sound so sweet! Good luck to you! You have a great attitude!

Angel

--------------
No matter the letter, we're all Greek together!