Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,312
0 members and 1,312 guests
No Members online

Old 07-26-2002, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Family Love

Quote:
And why is is still there if most of us are saying "it's bigger than this"? If I invited you to an event that my chapter was having and other brothers were going to be there, would you show up? Better yet would you be comfortable
Hell yeah I'd go (if I lived anywhere near GA). Why not? As long as I was sure that I was going to be treated with respect and like a brother then I'd be there. I see unity between the two orgs as positive. As a matter of fact, I'm going to be in ATL Aug 8-11, let's hang out.

Quote:
the fear and uncertainty is still there.
I think that this is the root of much of the "problem". People need to start exposing themselves to differents aspects of the fraternity and the sorority. That's the only way to over come this fear. I think that a lot of people feel "unsafe" and that's why there's division. Based on some of the comments I've read that some of my brothers have posted and some Gamma SIgs have posted, I didn't/wouldn't go to the 25/52 picnic. I just wouldn't feel comfortable and I would really feel like I was going to end up getting into a "fight" ( I mean a VERBAL altercation) with someone for disrespecting me. This "fear" has and will continue to keep me from going to any 25/52 events. But that's just me.

I also think that some people within the fam "fear" people who aren't in it because they feel like they won't understand the way they do things and to a lot of people the fam is a protection from this. If you only surround yourself with people who are like you or see things the way you see it, you don't have to worry about being different.

Quote:
They want to see the AA chapters (most likely all male) learn how to start taking care of business more efficently and not waste time on something that is already in effect. There are women in the frat-fine-so let's get down to some real business...
That's good, it's time to move on. It would be really nice to see BROTHAS who are about the business of the fraternity.

Quote:
Can you give me an example of your last statement where you've seen that occur?
Any time one of my brothers says "We need to disassociate ourselves from female APOs" or a Gamma Sig says "My brothers are only MALE APOs" the 25/52 fam takes a step backward. You cannot have family or unity based on division.
Old 07-26-2002, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
But I bet you didn't have to recite the founders backwards with a match between your eyelids, upside down and naked on a frozen lake.
No, I didn't. I guess I skated!!!!!
Old 07-26-2002, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

'fraid so. . .but don't worry, I just signed up for Skater Haters Anonymous.

Gamma_Girl, I have no comment at this time.

Quote:
Originally posted by Virtuous Woman

No, I didn't. I guess I skated!!!!!
Old 07-26-2002, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ~Q5~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Q5~
Quote:
Originally posted by dardenr
Virtuous Woman. . .

I couldn't have said it better myself.

But I bet you didn't have to recite the founders backwards with a match between your eyelids, upside down and naked on a frozen lake.
DAMN there goes the peace. the "no-nos" have won.

why you trying to get others to knock you out. you can hardly deal with me.
Old 07-26-2002, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

so the devil rears her head

lol. . .
Old 07-26-2002, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Satan....and her unwilling followers

Quote:
lol. . .
oh if you think thats devilish you aint see nothing yet. You know i can get much worse than this, check the other thread.
Old 07-26-2002, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:

I bet you didn't have to swim across that frozen lake, holding your match between your eyelids until you saw the four golden stars in the blue sky and then swim back
Old 07-26-2002, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gamma_girl52 Send a message via Yahoo to gamma_girl52
Virtuous:

Thanks for responding back. I feel you... Now I think I may see the real issue.

Send me a pm on where you'll be at the weekend, maybe we can meet. I'd love that!

"Life is filled with many things to Befriend, Love, and Serve..."
Old 07-29-2002, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

family love.....not

Bsoldier ...all i have to say is disgusting. I thought the dirty dirty's were bad but damn could it be even the bears are better than that. Makes the struggle so much more worth it. I wonder if i took em to d'water would they come clean?
Old 07-29-2002, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

All I got to say is pass the pizza.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

pizza ewww

i am already about to regurge the internals. I am so glad that things are the way they are. You're silly. I am just so disgusted.

BTW I gotta find a particular color blue for this jacket deal...do you have a clue as to what's the truest to "our" blue?
Old 07-29-2002, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

USUALLY, if you ask for Royal Blue, it will be exactly what we need. However, if you are doing it in person, go ahead and make them show you a sample, because royal blue on some coaches jackets looks lighter than royal blue on pullovers, I've seen it.
Old 07-30-2002, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

ok now what about the gold whats the closest old or just the plain. I am asumming old but i have never seen it up close so let me know.

Quote:
USUALLY, if you ask for Royal Blue, it will be exactly what we need. However, if you are doing it in person, go ahead and make them show you a sample, because royal blue on some coaches jackets looks lighter than royal blue on pullovers, I've seen it.
Old 07-30-2002, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

You got it, Old Gold. I don't see to many variations of it, and most if not all greek stores have it.

thegreekshop.com has something called "Vegas Gold" but I have yet to find out what that is.

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Q5~
ok now what about the gold whats the closest old or just the plain. I am asumming old but i have never seen it up close so let me know.

Old 07-30-2002, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

VEGAS GOLD

Quote:
You got it, Old Gold. I don't see to many variations of it, and most if not all greek stores have it.

thegreekshop.com has something called "Vegas Gold" but I have yet to find out what that is.

vegas gold...use your imagination, super flashy.