GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,518
4 members and 1,514 guests
Cookiez17, flirt5721, LaneSig, Titchou

Old 03-06-2006, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Live_Wire17
A few of my ships are married to non-greeks and it constantly creates a problem because their spouse don't want to come to events. We have a plethora of functions and most have to come without their husbands. My husband is a kappa but that is not why we are married (he was my bestfriend before he was a NUPE). It does make spending time together at functions easier.
Soror, it must be the spouses themselves as the problem. My husband is non-Greek and he loves to attend the social events more than I do.

My problem comes in when I have work to do in various committees because if I am not working for my paycheck, I am working for Delta. I pledged Delta in college but didn't meet my husband until after I graduated. We have learned to make the situation more balanced now.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mccoyred
Soror, it must be the spouses themselves as the problem. My husband is non-Greek and he loves to attend the social events more than I do.

My problem comes in when I have work to do in various committees because if I am not working for my paycheck, I am working for Delta. I pledged Delta in college but didn't meet my husband until after I graduated. We have learned to make the situation more balanced now.
It's almost 20 years for you sometime this year.

ETA: I know the exact date now.

Last edited by CrimsonTide4; 03-06-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

in Louisiana:

delta/omega/kappa/alpha

i've neve seen a delta and a sigma relationship.

aka/alpha/omega

i've also never seen an aka/kappa married coupled.

zeta/sigma and sgrho/kappa/sigma
****************sidebarersonally, i try to steer clear of greek on greek relationships... you never get any privacy in your relationship here. too much in the public eye. it's convenient sometimes, but mostly a pain in the butt.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
[i]****************sidebarersonally, i try to steer clear of greek on greek relationships... you never get any privacy in your relationship here. too much in the public eye. it's convenient sometimes, but mostly a pain in the butt. [/B]

Fine as you are, I may need to beg you to reconsider and that is a shonuff ROOOOO!!!

There is no pain in loving a Bruh. What's a few gental love bites on the booty. Such joyful pain........
Old 03-08-2006, 03:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Live_Wire17
Quote:
Originally posted by mccoyred

I think it has more to do with control because they are sweet ladies that take good care of beautiful homes and children. Some men just can't function if they are not in control of every situation...

"Like the perfect lyrics over the tightest beat"
Old 03-08-2006, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DELTAQTE Send a message via Yahoo to DELTAQTE
I mostly see my sorors with Alpha's or Bruhs. I see them with Kappas sometime and almost never with Sigmas.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to unspokenone25
One Soror in my chapter is married to a Kappa.

2 Sorors including my LS are married to Alphas.

3 LSs are married/getting married to Ques.

I'm involved with a Non-Greek who's mother is a Delta (one of the charter members of my undergrad). He's very understanding about me being Greek and open to the chance of one day becoming Greek. But, he's not going to chase after it though.

Last edited by unspokenone25; 03-08-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by su_diva_03
in Louisiana:

delta/omega/kappa/alpha

aka/alpha/omega

zeta/sigma and sgrho/kappa/sigma
****************sidebarersonally, i try to steer clear of greek on greek relationships... you never get any privacy in your relationship here. too much in the public eye. it's convenient sometimes, but mostly a pain in the butt.
You're in LOUISIANA? I'm going to take a chance and say you went to Southern and you have NEVER seen a Soror/Kappa married couple?

I know a DST/PBS couple in BR too....

I'm in BR almost every weekend and I see/know many (of them all except...Iota).
Old 03-08-2006, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ATLSigma99
One of my LBs is married to a Delta.

I don't notice any dominance in terms of who the Frat that I know tend to date or marry. It is pretty much an even mix of Zetas, AKAs, Deltas, SGRhos, and GDIs. Personally, I couldn't care less if my future wife is in a sorority or not.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to bump this, but the "badge attire" thread in Greek Life had me thinking:

So, my fiance is a Phi Kapp (Phi Kappa Sigma, an HWGLO). Which I suppose will be kind of weird once he is alum, because that will just mean something completely different for him than for me ...

Anyway, the point of this - have any of you ever encountered any Greek couples that are NPHC/non-NPHC pairings?
Old 05-12-2006, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
I think we have all sort of NPHC marriages in my chapter except for Iota Phi Theta.
ETA: I needed to delete my line's marriages because I already posted them. And again, I'm not dating someone but Greek would be a bonus.

Last edited by Steeltrap; 05-12-2006 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by su_diva_03
in Louisiana:

delta/omega/kappa/alpha

aka/alpha/omega

I am personally married to a GDI. We starting dating and living together before I became a Delta.
A good friend of mine is an AKA and she is married to a GDI. She also dated her husband before she crossed.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DSTRen13
Sorry to bump this, but the "badge attire" thread in Greek Life had me thinking:

So, my fiance is a Phi Kapp (Phi Kappa Sigma, an HWGLO). Which I suppose will be kind of weird once he is alum, because that will just mean something completely different for him than for me ...

Anyway, the point of this - have any of you ever encountered any Greek couples that are NPHC/non-NPHC pairings?
I have met several white girls who saw my letters and said that they were dating a Que/Kappa/Alpha/Sigma. Does this count?
Old 05-13-2006, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Steeltrap
I think we have all sort of NPHC marriages in my chapter except for Iota Phi Theta.
I am home in Cleveland and yesterday while out with my mom I saw a red car with a pink AKA ribbon akin to the Support Our Troops ribbons but it said Alpha Kappa Alpha instead. On the left side of the truck was a brown ribbon that said Iota Phi Theta.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

My honey-dew is a GDI and we at times bumb heads. During my process I was not home much and I think he miss understood the entire concept of Greek life. However after I had to check him a few times, he has accepted that its part of my life and supports me and our events.

I think Greeks pair up with other Greeks because it makes things a little easier. Your partner would be more likely to understand your passion and zeal toward your organization is they are also actively involved in theirs. For example, I have only ever dated West Indian men (I went out on a date with an African American once). Not that there is any thing wrong with non-West Indian but it's more comfortable, I can really kick back and be me. I believe the same thing applies to Greeks. I think it would be easier if my honey were Greek but what can you do.

I have only ever seen the very stereotypical pair up, Delta/Omega, AKA/Alphaa, Zeta/Sigma.