GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,298
1 members and 1,297 guests
Xidelt

Old 06-26-2007, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I can do up to 100-300 push ups. Not the "female push ups" but the regular kind.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

These parents are guilty of child abuse and need to get slapped.

Even if parents have to work or can't allow their children to play outside after school, that doesn't mean the child has to be allowed to eat all the darn time.

Take away the video games and the fattening foods around the house. That child will find something more constructive to do with his time and his appetite if you provide alternatives. A well disciplined child doesn't need a parent directing her every minute of the day to know what is and is not appropriate.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Somewhere trying to avoid pointless political conversations...Obama/Biden 08!
Dang it I missed it. I thought it was 9:00pm central...duh me. When is the repeat? Let me hop over to www.abc.com
Old 06-27-2007, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
I can do up to 100-300 push ups. Not the "female push ups" but the regular kind.
Go Soror!
Quote:

Even if parents have to work or can't allow their children to play outside after school, that doesn't mean the child has to be allowed to eat all the darn time.

Take away the video games and the fattening foods around the house. That child will find something more constructive to do with his time and his appetite if you provide alternatives. A well disciplined child doesn't need a parent directing her every minute of the day to know what is and is not appropriate.
They do need to take ownership for allowing this to happen to their kids.

Get those kids moving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTKellie View Post
Dang it I missed it. I thought it was 9:00pm central...duh me. When is the repeat? Let me hop over to www.abc.com
The episode is on the website right now. Check it out commercial free. I might watch it again to catch some things I missed.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I absolutely agree. Nothing makes me smile more than seeing parents at the gym with their children. The kids are engaged and seem to enjoy themselves. My gym also has the kiddie version of excercise classes: kids yoga, kids pilates, kids dance aerobics, etc.

Parents need to also be aware that just because the child is not considered fat or obese does not mean that they can be less vigilant when it comes to the child's overall health.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Somewhere trying to avoid pointless political conversations...Obama/Biden 08!
I finally watched the show on ABC and I actually liked it! However, hearing Shaq talk somehow makes me want to hurl. He sounds slightly retarded or something.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I was also surprise that there weren't any African-American females on the show.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

The moment in the show that really pissed me off was when Walter's dad tried to act like Walter was the only one responsible for his condition. There were stacks of pizza boxes on the counter behind them! Did this kid have the money to order pizzas and pizza burritos (WTF)? His parents let him sit five hours at stretch and play video games. The parents allowed this kid to become a health disaster! His obesity is the result of longstanding habits and enabling by the parents!
Old 06-28-2007, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
I am glad Shaq did this show.

Parents take your kids outside.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

LA Times Article about the show
Old 07-10-2007, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Are y'all still watching the show? I'm so proud of Walter!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw the commercial for this show last night on ABC.

Fat March

Sort of like The Biggest Loser but they walk from Boston to DC and compete for $1million.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm still watching!

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at how well Walter is doing. I thought he would be the bump on the log holding the group back. (Did you see him cheesing when he took the picture with the Miami dancers )?

I'm beyond frustrated with the lil boy that IS holding them back (forgot his name). His mother really doesn't seem to get that this is serious. With his fathers recent weight loss you would think HE of all the kids would be on the ball. Instead he half arses his way through the workouts...and whine when anyone says anthing to him. I would have put him out already (or asked his dad to come sit and watch him so they could see what was going on). Nothing upsets me more than wasted potential.

I wish the show overall was getting more attention and created more dialogue. This is SO much more important that Spice Posh or Lindsey's daily trek form rehab to Starbucks . Shaq is trying so I give him big props for trying to address this!
Old 07-19-2007, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardusttwin17 View Post
I'm still watching!

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at how well Walter is doing. I thought he would be the bump on the log holding the group back. (Did you see him cheesing when he took the picture with the Miami dancers )?

I'm beyond frustrated with the lil boy that IS holding them back (forgot his name). His mother really doesn't seem to get that this is serious. With his fathers recent weight loss you would think HE of all the kids would be on the ball. Instead he half arses his way through the workouts...and whine when anyone says anthing to him. I would have put him out already (or asked his dad to come sit and watch him so they could see what was going on). Nothing upsets me more than wasted potential.

I wish the show overall was getting more attention and created more dialogue. This is SO much more important that Spice Posh or Lindsey's daily trek form rehab to Starbucks . Shaq is trying so I give him big props for trying to address this!
I love Walter and Ariel -- those kids are really doing it. Walter has come a long way from when we first met him. So has Chris, the Cuban young man -- I loved seeing his dad make him a healthy lunch to break the plateau.

James is the one who when told to run 20 laps looked like he was doing 0.001 on the treadmill, always whining, but is a gifted student. Indeed!

I want to see more of the kids and less of the bureaucracy portions.

I love this show and am glad that Shaq did it!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm still watching also. I like the group dynamics. I'm glad Tarik and James had their wrestling match. They both seemed to enjoy it. Walter and Ariel are my favorites.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~Martin Luther King