GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,190
3 members and 1,187 guests
John, UW_dawg

Old 01-17-2007, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I think shiner's a big ol' GOP. That's why he doesn't want Obama to win.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Yeah, he must be.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
I don't think he's made any secret about that.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
I don't think he's made any secret about that.
True, true.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Correct. I lean right. I like Obama personally, but don't agree with his political ideology. I'm glad he's running, the DNC will hopefully do to him what they did to Edwards. Democrats better hope Carville comes to bail them out, because they're incredibly inept when it comes to strategy.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Tony, you're crazy!

The only bad thing about him winning is that he will get all old and gray and ugly before his term is over like the prior Presidents. LOL. It would be a shame to mess him up so young. LOL.

SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
Look at SummerChild, angling for the Atty. Gen. gig ...

Seriously, this will be interesting to watch unfold. We all see what we think we know and like about Obama. As he takes definitive political positions and defines his ideas -- which he better do first, before his political opponents do it for him -- we'll be better able to access his candidacy and make our assessments about his ability to perform on the domestic and international stages.

Personally, I'd like to have seen more of a legislative track record in the Senate, but that's not to say he wouldn't do a great job as president. Clearly, many have come the presidency with a lot less....Obama is intelligent, pragmatic and moderate in his thinking, so that will go in his favor with a lot of people.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
Quote:
Look at SummerChild, angling for the Atty. Gen. gig ...

Seriously, this will be interesting to watch unfold. We all see what we think we know and like about Obama. As he takes definitive political positions and defines his ideas -- which he better do first, before his political opponents do it for him -- we'll be better able to access his candidacy and make our assessments about his ability to perform on the domestic and international stages.

Personally, I'd like to have seen more of a legislative track record in the Senate, but that's not to say he wouldn't do a great job as president. Clearly, many have come the presidency with a lot less....Obama is intelligent, pragmatic and moderate in his thinking, so that will go in his favor with a lot of people.
Well said.

While it's nice that he's running, I think it's a ploy to get him into a vp-slot for the 08 race. I don't think there is any way on earth the man could win- not in this country. And he is fully aware of this.

It seems like McCain in 00 in some ways- he's trying to take advantage of his huge upsurge in popularity and ride it to a position of greater visibility and prominence. Maybe it will pay off for him the way it has for McCain (in all probability our next president IMO, although I have lost a lot of respect for him).
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton
Old 01-17-2007, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to hazelle
Hey!! the best thing I want to say about Senator Obama is he can state without hesistation....he was totally against the Iraq "police action," "temporary war: from banner to banner??" whatever you entitle it...and never has to retrieve an earlier position. How many of our politicians can truly say that now??

His future will be in the stars....one way or the other...but he can stand proud. 3000 + cannot reply...they have given their best for our country. Just read on line that Bush's approval rating now equals Nixon's prior to a week before his resignation.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerChild View Post
Tony, you're crazy!

The only bad thing about him winning is that he will get all old and gray and ugly before his term is over like the prior Presidents. LOL. It would be a shame to mess him up so young. LOL.

SC
LOL. your post made me think about Cedric-the-entertainer's "black president" stand-up bit.

"wha, whaa did you say? how you gon ask me some bullisht all like that, in front of my family and isht? Hey homeboy, president or not, how 'bout I come out there and whup your inquisitive azz, how 'bout that? Put that on CNN."
~ Luke 19:10
Old 01-17-2007, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyivy84 View Post
Well said.

While it's nice that he's running, I think it's a ploy to get him into a vp-slot for the 08 race. I don't think there is any way on earth the man could win- not in this country. And he is fully aware of this.

It seems like McCain in 00 in some ways- he's trying to take advantage of his huge upsurge in popularity and ride it to a position of greater visibility and prominence. Maybe it will pay off for him the way it has for McCain (in all probability our next president IMO, although I have lost a lot of respect for him).
I, too, think McCain will be the GOP nominee in '08. Don't go so far as to say he'll win. There's a long way to go on the campaign trail. You mention loss of respect for McCain...regarding what? He generally gets favorable national media, so it made me wonder what he did to run afoul of you?
~ Luke 19:10
Old 01-17-2007, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

If Obama takes a VP slot he's a lot dumber than I thought. He should get in the mix, drop out for some reason, and take another go in 2012 or 2016.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I, too, think McCain will be the GOP nominee in '08. Don't go so far as to say he'll win. There's a long way to go on the campaign trail. You mention loss of respect for McCain...regarding what? He generally gets favorable national media, so it made me wonder what he did to run afoul of you?
I live in Arizona, so I see a lot of informationa bout him and his campaigning. In 2000 he set himself up as a common-sense moderate, and now he is way too busy kissing up to the religious crazy conservative sect (Dobson, Bob Jones University- not to be confused with sane, fically-minded republicans, who do exist). He has made nice with the President despite the dirty, relentless, racist smear campaign that Bush's team warred against him (all those reports that he fathered a black baby, when I believe he and his wife adopted the child). It all is probably pretty sensible of him, in order to maintain a grip on the republican voters, but it's distasteful to me.

The reason I liked him to begin with was because it seemed as though he had that oh-so-elusive quality called integrity. Now I see him as just another politician doing whatever it takes to get voted into power. I would not vote for him.
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton
Old 01-17-2007, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

James Dobson is not a Bob Jones, Jerry Falwell Christian. To lump him in with them is pretty far-fetched.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock View Post
James Dobson is not a Bob Jones, Jerry Falwell Christian. To lump him in with them is pretty far-fetched.
I find him and his Focus on the Family organization to be just as bad, if less prone to saying things that are utterly retarded (hateful yes, but just not as dumb as labelling Tinky Winky gay). Fear mongering and myopic in the extreme.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

If FOTF saying things like "homosexuality is a sin" then yeah, i guess they're an extremist organization. Lets put them on a watch list. Its amazing who could be classified as a "hate-monger" these days...pretty much anyone who stands up for something.