» Online Users: 1,121
1 members and 1,120 guests
GammaGirl1908

Old 02-15-2002, 02:07 AM
GreekChat Member

yay owls!
Old 04-18-2002, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Just bringing this to the top for all of our new Chi Os on the board!! It's a good 'getting to know you' thread!!
Old 04-20-2002, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ULChiOCutie Send a message via Yahoo to ULChiOCutie
Red face

SigmaChiCard (Cory) is the greatest guy EVER!!!!

haha. Hey Jordan...you forgot to log out from the laptop.
Old 04-20-2002, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

1)I go to the University of Oregon.
We have nine sororities, including Chi Omega. The others are: Pi Beta Phi, Delta Gamma, Alpha Chi Omega, Kappa Delta, Sigma Kappa, Gamma Phi Beta, Alpha Phi, and Kappa Kappa Gamma.
Our fraternities on campus are: Sigma Phi Epsilon, Sigma Chi, Beta, Theta Chi, Pikes, SAE, Lambda Chi, Sigma Nu, Delta Tau Delta, Delta Upsilon, Delta Sig, Kappa Sig, AE Pi, Chi Psi
2)My house associates most with Sigma Chi, Betas, and Theta Chi because girls in my house date a lot of guys in those houses. Also we do a lot with SAE because they are our next door neighbors (and they're hot too!) The Pikes live right across the street but supposedly there is tension between our two houses right now because of some pranks they pulled on us etc. So we need to work on rebuilding the relationship.
3)On campus, we are known as friendly, intelligent and down to earth. Guys in fraternities (and not as well) have said that we are "girlfriend/wife material..the house they want to date." We are definitely one of the best houses on campus. We are very diverse as well.
Old 04-20-2002, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

1) I go to the University of Oregon
2) There are nine sororities here including Chi O. The others are: Delta Gamma, Pi Beta Phi, Kappa Delta, KKGamma, Gamma Phi Beta, Alpha Chi Omega, Sigma Kappa, Alpha Phi,
The fraternities are: SAE, Sig Ep, Pikes, Theta Chi, Sigma Chi, Beta, Sigma Nu, Kappa Sig, Delta Tau Delta, Delta Upsilon, Chi Psi, AEPi, Lambda Chi,
3) We associate the most with Beta, Sigma Chi and Theta Chi because girls in my house generally tend to date guys from those houses. We also do a lot with SAE because they are our next door neighbors! Um the Pikes live across the street but we don't do much with them because there is tension between our two houses from something stupid a long time ago. We don't affiliate much with any particular sorority...each of the sororities kind of has a rivalvry with one another.
4) On campus we are definitely one of the top 3 houses. Opinion varies on the top three but we are always included in there. THe others are usually either DG and Alpha Phi or DG and Pi Phi...each house here has there own reputation. We are known as very friendly, intelligent, down to earth girls and are very diverse and active in school/community as well. We are almost always 2nd in grades (behind Pi Phi) and are above the all campus average every term. Guys have said we are the "girlfriend/wife material house..the girls they want to take home to meet their family."

Last edited by Hootie; 12-03-2002 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xok85xo
bump
Old 10-26-2002, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RosmaPomia
I go to the University of South Florida (Go Bulls)
We have seven sororities: Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Omicron Pi, Delta Gamma, Delta Delta Delta, Kappa Delta, Sigma Delta Tau and of course Chi Omega.
I am not quite sure of the fraternities. We are mainly associated with the Sig Ep's. our house that is being built will be next door to them. I really have no idea how the other sororities view us since we use to be small but are now HUGE
We are seen as the smart nice girls
Old 11-17-2002, 03:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Mercer University (Psi Gamma Chapter!)

4 sororities: Chi Omega, Phi Mu, Alpha Gamma Delta, and Alpha Delta Pi

8 fraternites: SAE, Pi Kappa Phi, Lambda Chi, Sigma Nu, Phi Delts, KA, ATO, Kappa Sig

We have 75 girls in our chapter, with a 2002 pledge class of 25 girls! We hang out with all the fraternities. We are all really fun outgoing girls. So, whenever you find 2 or more of us together, you know we are there! We love to have a good time, and you will always find us anywhere there is fun going on! We have a big rivalry with the Phi Mus, because our chapters are very similar. But in the end, everybody loves a Chi O!

Last edited by CardinalSM; 02-02-2004 at 02:50 AM.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

BUMP

Newbies please fill out the info!
Old 09-10-2003, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to babyhootie Send a message via Yahoo to babyhootie
Wow...what a neat thread!

1. I go to Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, TN.
2. We have three NPCs on campus: ADPi, Chi-O, Alpha Sigma Alpha.
We also 5 IFCs: Sigma Phi Epsilon, Sigma Chi, Alpha Gamma Rho, Kappa Sigma, Pi Kappa Alpha.
3. I think the XO's have a special fondness for Kappa Sigs, but we hang out with everybody.
4. I think our reputation is the sorority that everybody wants to be a part of! I have also heard people refer to XO as "aloof" or not very talkative to nonmembers... but whatever... i talk to everybody!! LOL
Old 09-25-2003, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MegaliciousMLS
1. Where do you/did you go to school?
---University of South Carolina
2. How many Sororities and Fraternities are there on your campus?---8 (Chi Omega, KD, ZTA, Tri Delt, DG, KKG, AXO, ADPi)...Don't really know the total of fraternities but the main ones are Kappa Sig, SAE, KA, Sigma Chi, ATO, DTD, Lambda Chi)
3. Which Fraternities/Sororities do you affiliate with most?---Every year we have a Halloween mixer and St. Patty's Day mixer with DDD, Kappa Sig, and Sigma Chi. We mostly have mixers with Kappa Sig, SAE, Sigma Chi, ATO and DTD.
4. What do you think our reputation is like on your campus?!?!---
Our reputation is very good. We always meet quota plus some during rush, win homecoming regularly, one of the top sororities in grades, LOVE to have fun, very cute, great group of girls!
Old 09-25-2003, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

WELCOME TO GC MEGALICIOUS!!!!

It's great to always have new faces around!
Old 10-03-2003, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

1. Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC
2. 5 Sororities (Us, Delta Zeta, ADPi, ZTA, and Tri-Sigma) and 3 Fraternities (Kappa Sig, Sigma Alpha Epsilon, and TKE)
3. Personally, probably ZTA and ADPi, as a group, Kappa Sig and ADPi
4. At Winthrop, we are known as the "girls you marry," very well-rounded, and have been the highest in grades for the past two years.
Old 10-04-2003, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

1. Where do you/did you go to school?
UW-Madison...go badgers!!!

2. How many Sororities and Fraternities are there on your campus?---11 sororities (ChiO, Kappa, Gamma Phi, Pi Phi, DG, AChiO, Theta, APhi, Tri Delt, AEPhi, SDT) and a lot of frats :-P

3. Which Fraternities/Sororities do you affiliate with most?---I think we hang out with a lot of different ones. For example, SAE is our partner for homecoming, Kappa Sig and Sigma Chi are our partners for humo, etc... But we have a (now) annual party with Sig Ep. As for sororities, I'm not really sure because last spring when I was a pledge, we only had one quad party with Pi Phi. I can tell you that our arch rival is AEPhi, b/c every rush, they dirty rush us because we end up getting the girls they want :-P

4. What do you think our reputation is like on your campus?!?!---
We have a good reputation! We have been either at or near the top for GPA for a while, we win a lot of events, and we're known for having the most energy during rush. We are pretty diverse and down-to-earth. We still have a reputation, however, for being a Jewish sorority (I myself not being Jewish) but it's a lot better from what I heard it used to be; now we're around half-and-half I guess.

If you're interested, our greek system just made a new website this fall: http://www.uwgreek.com
Old 10-04-2003, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xonikki

We still have a reputation, however, for being a Jewish sorority
Just thought this was ironic - our open motto being "Hellenic Culture and Christian Ideals"! Yay for diversity and acceptance!