Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,505
0 members and 1,505 guests
No Members online

Old 08-24-2005, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBest!
He starts calling me and says he won't let me go, that he will go to my house everyday if possible because he always get what he wants.
I'm sorry, but that is actually frightening. Please stay away from him.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Dating a "sort of" married man

Quote:
My Ex invited me to a club with his friends, he introduced me to this guy who I guess he liked me My ex and our friends told me that he was really in a tough situation with his bitchy wife and that he was the kind of guy every girl would like to marry.
WTH was your ex thinking for introducing you to such a jackass? If they are calling his wife a bitch, just imagine what they are saying about you for getting involved with a married man with a kid.

I'm glad you decided to get away from him. I'd return the stuff he bought you and send it addressed to his wife.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Just because someone is Catholic doesn't mean they can't get divorced...that is a big crock of sh*t excuse quite honestly. This guy has a one year old child. He should be more worried about how much he is about to f*ck up his kids life than where he's getting poon at this point, but it's obvious he's a self centered bastard.

You can't be sort of married... He's married.Period. Put yourself in his wife's shoes, or better yet imagine his wife is your best friend...would you be messing with him then? This woman, no matter what he says and everyone else says about her being "bitchy", is human. Do unto others...
Old 08-24-2005, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
Quote:
Originally posted by jb1617
I'm sorry, but that is actually frightening.
Yes. Yes it is.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Ain't nuthin' a married man can give you but a headache...

My maternal grandmother--Mama Lucy...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 08-24-2005, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
Who the hell raised you that this situation is even KIND of confusing for you?
Old 08-25-2005, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Re: Dating a "sort of" married man

Quote:
Originally posted by wrigley
I'd return the stuff he bought you and send it addressed to his wife.
I like your style!!! Excellent advice!!!
Old 08-25-2005, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AOII_LB93
Put yourself in his wife's shoes, or better yet imagine his wife is your best friend...would you be messing with him then? [/B]
Wow that is shocking.
I guess sometimes we get in situations without even noticing it.
Last night he called and said I was mean to him and saying in a sad tone of voice: "I always loose."
I told him: "don't try to be the victim now", and I hung up.

AOII_LB93 with that comment you scared the hell out of me.
Now I won't even answer his phone calls.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Quote:

Last night he called and said I was mean to him and saying in a sad tone of voice: "I always loose."
I told him: "don't try to be the victim now", and I hung up.
GOOD FOR YOU.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Whoever moves out of the house gives it up? That's absolutely not the case (well in my state anyway). If it were the case, it sounds like a dumb rule, and besides, he'd be entitled to some share in the equity anyhow.

What's his plan? To stay quasi-married for 30 years because he's too afraid/uninformed to get an annulment, and he's afraid of losing out on some marital property?

This guy has some major issues. I'm Catholic also, and an annulment isn't as hard to get for you and I as it was for say.. Henry VIII. Does the wife even know that he's seeing other people?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 08-25-2005, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ktsnake
Whoever moves out of the house gives it up? That's absolutely not the case (well in my state anyway). If it were the case, it sounds like a dumb rule, and besides, he'd be entitled to some share in the equity anyhow.
I've never heard of anything like that, either.

Besides, I'm no expert on family law, but I can't imagine that the parties couldn't agree on how to distribute any property upon divorce, regardless of who has possession.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ktsnake
There are SO many variables, when it comes to property division, whether the divorce is "no fault" or not. Each state has its own formula to determine who gets what, but in reality, the lawyers get it all.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
There are SO many variables, when it comes to property division, whether the divorce is "no fault" or not. Each state has its own formula to determine who gets what, but in reality, the lawyers get it all.
You know, that's part of why I think people are really stupid. Why don't people just try to AGREE and work things out rather than fighting over every little thing and wasting tons of money on legal fees? I mean, if one party is an ass there's not much you can do, but I'd really hope that adults who at some point loved each other enough to get married could put aside their differences for long enough to negotiate and come to some sort of agreement on property division.

ETA: Of course I'm not referring to anyone here -- these are just my general observations.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
You know, that's part of why I think people are really stupid. Why don't people just try to AGREE and work things out rather than fighting over every little thing and wasting tons of money on legal fees? I mean, if one party is an ass there's not much you can do, but I'd really hope that adults who at some point loved each other enough to get married could put aside their differences for long enough to negotiate and come to some sort of agreement on property division.

ETA: Of course I'm not referring to anyone here -- these are just my general observations.
That's the ideal situation. In my case, I ended up paying support to my ex, and he refused all negotiations. He didn't even show up for the last hearings!

He, too, thought that he would "win" the house by staying there. He was wrong.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I've known a couple guys who were accused of abandonment because they left the house, wife and kids and therefore, since they abandoned, they were at fault and wifey got the house. I suppose it would partially depend on the grounds for the divorce. I'm sure this does vary by state, as all divorce laws do. And, even if you're entitled to a share of the equity, that's not until after the divorce is final, which can take over a year. Sometimes, if the wife has full custody with a child living in the house, the equity doesn't have to be paid out until the kids are 18. But, the first thing my lawyer said to me was "Don't abandon the house or the kids or you'll lose em". (I didn't want the house anyway, but that's another topic).

I'm glad you aren't going to see him anymore. You've made a wise choice.

Dee

ETA: Perhaps the abandonment thing had more to do with the kids than the house, now that I think about it. But, that would apply in this case too, if he wants custody.

Last edited by AGDee; 08-25-2005 at 01:05 PM.