Members: 326,169
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,352
2 members and 1,350 guests
Cookiez17

Old 03-21-2005, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to laidbackfella Send a message via AIM to laidbackfella Send a message via Yahoo to laidbackfella
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyinterest6
Personally i feel that your thinking is the thinking of many African Americans when it comes to touchy topics. No one wants to speak about them or discuss their feelings. We as a community need to learn to be more open. What better place to talk about such topics then on a public board where many feel more comfortable voicing their thoughts and get the chance to see how other people feel about "such a topic"
Now you are straying way out of your lane.

Simmer down.

Stop being so defensive.

BrickHouse is correct in the fact that we've given you way too much air time as it is.

Take all the nuggets of wisdom you can gleam from the posts here.

Everyone that has posted so far is a Man or Woman of a BGLO except you.

The ungrateful always bite the hands that feed them.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by laidbackfella
Now you are straying way out of your lane.

Simmer down.

Stop being so defensive.

BrickHouse is correct in the fact that we've given you way too much air time as it is.

Take all the nuggets of wisdom you can gleam from the posts here.

Everyone that has posted so far is a Man or Woman of a BGLO except you.

The ungrateful always bite the hands that feed them.
I'm saying, He is asking questions that could potentially hinder his chance of being an Alpha. This is the exact reason why the "OLD WAY" doesn't work anymore. People don't want to keep their business to themselves. It isn't HARD to identify who you are. Those who are close to you indeed could be the ones to stop your progress.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phillyinterest6
Quote:
Originally posted by ThaBrickHouse
I'm saying, He is asking questions that could potentially hinder his chance of being an Alpha. This is the exact reason why the "OLD WAY" doesn't work anymore. People don't want to keep their business to themselves. It isn't HARD to identify who you are. Those who are close to you indeed could be the ones to stop your progress.
Im not understanding what you are saying. Because you all are members of BGLO's (which you do get alot of respect for me) Im not allowed to have my own intellectual thoughts and share them with other people such as yourself's. In my last posts i didnt disrespect anyone i even apologized if i had in prior post. I have alot of respect for you all and said many of times i appericate your advice and guidance but i dont appericate you treating me as if im second class or just another "dumb interest". I thought this was a board where i can share my thoughts with other people who have made it to where i hope to be someday. Please stop taking all my post as "hot or angry". And what questions am i asking that could hinder me from ever being an Alpha? The fact that i asked about the homosexuals in the organization. I guess thats also a taboo subject. I didnt judge anyone i asked because i thought i was in a comfort zone and could ask a question. I know there are lines that i as an aspirant can not cross, but instead of writing me off tell me, dont treat me as if im of " a lower class".

Last edited by phillyinterest6; 03-22-2005 at 04:45 AM.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Im not understanding what you are saying. Because you all are members of BGLO's (which you do get alot of respect for me) Im not allowed to have my own intellectual thoughts and share them with other people such as yourself's. In my last posts i didnt disrespect anyone i even apologized if i had in prior post. I have alot of respect for you all and said many of times i appericate your advice and guidance but i dont appericate you treating me as if im second class or just another "dumb interest". I thought this was a board where i can share my thoughts with other people who have made it to where i hope to be someday. Please stop taking all my post as "hot or angry".
Philly,
I don't think that is what they are saying at all. We tell folx all the time on greek message boards about discretion--don't put too much about yourself out there--it could come back to haunt. You have basically bared your soul on here and you don't know who could be reading this board and think "dang that dude is too open with his sh*t. we can't trust him with Alpha business." And they might be in the area in which you are seeking membership.

So just chill a little and continue your pursuit, but tone it down. The internet is a small world after all.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 03-22-2005, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to laidbackfella Send a message via AIM to laidbackfella Send a message via Yahoo to laidbackfella
Quote:
Im not understanding what you are saying. Because you all are members of BGLO's (which you do get alot of respect for me) Im not allowed to have my own intellectual thoughts and share them with other people such as yourself's. In my last posts i didnt disrespect anyone i even apologized if i had in prior post. I have alot of respect for you all and said many of times i appericate your advice and guidance but i dont appericate you treating me as if im second class or just another "dumb interest". I thought this was a board where i can share my thoughts with other people who have made it to where i hope to be someday. Please stop taking all my post as "hot or angry". And what questions am i asking that could hinder me from ever being an Alpha? The fact that i asked about the homosexuals in the organization. I guess thats also a taboo subject. I didnt judge anyone i asked because i thought i was in a comfort zone and could ask a question. I know there are lines that i as an aspirant can not cross, but instead of writing me off tell me, dont treat me as if im of " a lower class".
There is so much I want to respond to.

But I will simply say this:

1) In discussing this we are ALL out of our lane.

2) You did NOT respect the rules of this forum based on this thread http://greekchat.com/gcforums/showth...threadid=38767 while it's entitled "Questions About Membership" I'm sure it was meant to curtail all discussions of the membership sort.

PMs are in order now.

But respect for the tone of this forum is a must.

Men of Alpha I apologize for participating in this conversation.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BadDST_Chic1913
Wow..expressing interest on the net is cool. No discretion needed, eh? Learn something new every day. Thanks GC.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to babyfacenelson
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by ThaBrickHouse
And there it is in a heartbeat.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by babyfacenelson
And there it is in a heartbeat.
in a heartbeat? lol..never heard that one.

whattup by the way.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Im not understanding what you are saying. Because you all are members of BGLO's (which you do get alot of respect for me) Im not allowed to have my own intellectual thoughts and share them with other people such as yourself's. In my last posts i didnt disrespect anyone i even apologized if i had in prior post. I have alot of respect for you all and said many of times i appericate your advice and guidance but i dont appericate you treating me as if im second class or just another "dumb interest". I thought this was a board where i can share my thoughts with other people who have made it to where i hope to be someday. Please stop taking all my post as "hot or angry". And what questions am i asking that could hinder me from ever being an Alpha? The fact that i asked about the homosexuals in the organization. I guess thats also a taboo subject. I didnt judge anyone i asked because i thought i was in a comfort zone and could ask a question. I know there are lines that i as an aspirant can not cross, but instead of writing me off ...ell me, dont treat me as if im of " a lower class".
Because people like me...can find out who you are…. and make it harder for you to join. Discretion is a key in Alpha. After reading your posts... you don't know it.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BadDST_Chic1913
in a heartbeat? lol..never heard that one.

whattup by the way.
lol... a term my granddaddy use. I'm at school working on my research problem/question. Whats good with you?
Old 03-22-2005, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Discretion is a key in Alpha. After reading your posts... you don't know it.
And apparently neither do some of your frat, or they would have shut him down from jump and not entertained the question.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
And apparently neither do some of your frat, or they would have shut him down from jump and not entertained the question.
BM go to the corner right now. -----> Bad girl bad.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
He's the one talking. No need for us to do anything. It's his rope. It's up to him to decide what he's going to do with it. He can talk all day, it won't make him an Alpha.

He'll figure it out.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
BM go to the corner right now. -----> Bad girl bad.
fine..I'll go.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
fine..I'll go.
Stay there... until I say so.