GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 971
0 members and 971 guests
No Members online

Old 02-09-2005, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I really liked Logan, but I have a feeling Rory is gonna get HURT...she's never had a guy cheat on HER before, so I think this is going to be it. Grrr at the episode where she all thinks he's gonna ask her out then DOESN'T...
Old 02-23-2005, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: The city with the beautiful Lake Michigan skyline and Deep dish pizza!
Is it me, or is Rory hopping into bed with Logan waaay too quickly?
Old 02-23-2005, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
No, I don't think Rory is moving way to quickly.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Can someone explain to me why anybody likes Luke? He's not attractive and all he ever does is yell at everybody. He's like a diner troll or something.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
Can someone explain to me why anybody likes Luke? He's not attractive and all he ever does is yell at everybody. He's like a diner troll or something.
I don't know, I think Luke is attractive...in that scruffy sort of way.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
ahh..he may be abrasive sometimes.... but he has a heart of gold. He still helped make the sets for fiddler on the roof even though he didn't have to, and he made Loreli an ice skating rink, any man that made me an ice rink is good in my eyes ! (Course that would be more of a feat in CA than in CT)
I think he would be cute if he took of the flannel and maybe cut his hair a bit.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Sheldrakes and Dirty Dancing

Quote:
Originally posted by Ali*Z
Question...
Did anyone else catch this?
Emily kept talking about the Sheldrakes. Does anyone else remember this being the name of another hotel that was robbed by the old people in Dirty Dancing?
Do you think this was another nod to Kelly Bishop's past character as Jennifer Grey's mother? They mentioned Dirty Dancing once before when Rory and Dean were taking dance lessons for her "coming out."
I am an idiot savant and have a very strange memory!
Does anyone else remember any of this or am I totally nuts?
The answer to both can be yes!
Thanks!!
Ali
No you are not crazy, it was the name of a hotel in Dirty Dancing. I don't know if they named it that because of Kelly Bishop though....
Old 02-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by vanda
Is it me, or is Rory hopping into bed with Logan waaay too quickly?
I like this change. It took an eternity for her to just become Dean's and Jess' GF, and I guess the writers wanted to make it so that she's now a take charge kind of woman.

Luke is a character. Ditto to the person who said he had a heart of gold. In addition to the ice skating rink, he's also done work on the house free of charge, cried at Rory's Chilton graduation, baked coffee cakes and blew up balloons at his diner on Rory's birthday...the list is endless.

I guess he's just a likeable guy because he's just average, and everyone's rooting for him.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to trojangal
Luke is kind of that "guy next door" type..well, in this case he is. He's the guy that everybody likes, always can count on, and BAM! one day you realize that he's a gold mine for a relationship. Not all Prince Charmings are going to be the perfect "Mr. Right"....most of them, like Luke, are the "Mr. Friend"

How did you like his cleaning up for the Vow Renewal celebration? He looked good!!

Membership in a sorority brings pride and responsibility. Let your actions reflect the same.
CAB, Delta Eta, University of South Florida
Old 02-24-2005, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
HAHA Dinner Troll I love it! Thats exactly what he is.

You know what really bugged me for awhile is that we always saw him with his hat on and then when he was trying to clean himself up to impress Lorelai, he didnt wear it as much. I was hating him without the hat...some guys just look better with hats on than off...Luke is one of those guys

I'm still not sure what my feelings are on Lorelai and Luke...but it makes for good tv drama.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

wow - it sounds like i am missing a fun show. i have to admit that i have never seen more than five minutes of it - i feel like i have too many shows to watch as it is...but i saw this thread and thought i would remind you all that Lauren Graham is in The pacifier which starts next week...i am sure you have seen her in the commericals.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenKappa
wow - it sounds like i am missing a fun show. i have to admit that i have never seen more than five minutes of it - i feel like i have too many shows to watch as it is...but i saw this thread and thought i would remind you all that Lauren Graham is in The pacifier which starts next week...i am sure you have seen her in the commericals.
ABC Family shows GG twice daily, and if I'm not mistaken the shows currently running are almost at the beginning -- Rory's first months at Chilton and the beginnings of her Dean era.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
OK, I've done some catching up FINALLY!:

1) My dang DVR erased the one with Christopher's father, so DANG!

2) I canNOT wait to see how the Lorelai/Emily thing works out....SOOOO FUKKED UP!

3) Amazing that Luke came over to Lorelai's even after they broke up just because she said she needed him....WORK IT OUT!!!

4) Haven't seen the one from last Tuesday yet, so, one more to catch up on

5) I don't like Logan...I just don't think he's attractive....I WANT HER AND MARTY TOGETHER!!! He's so sweet and there is NO fun in pining for someone....*sigh*

I LOVE THE GILMORE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TNPhiMu
Talking

Anybody catch Gilmore Girls last night?!?! Can I just say how FREAKING EXCITED I am that Luke and Lorelai are BACK TOGETHER! I just needed to express my excitement... back to work
Old 03-02-2005, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

That was a wonderful ending....for the Emily for admitting she was wrong...sort of

ok, since I have never seen ANY VERSION (I know ) of A Star Is Born.....did this episode mimic it in any way? esp the ending?

I can't wait for next week