Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,588
3 members and 1,585 guests
John, Phrozen Sands

Old 10-16-2003, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

yay I'm excited so I"m definitely in. Regarding tickets. I'm not sure how many I can get but I need to know before hand if you want me to get you a ticket.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

hi all-- work is making me nuts and I am so sorry to have dropped the 8-ball on this one. I definitely am in for this, but can someone else take over coordinating? I can come, but probably will have to meet up around 2ish at Universal. I have a comp pass. Maybe we can arrange to meet up then, too??
Old 10-16-2003, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
I want to come, but my mom is concerned about me driving up to Universal by myself (like I haven't driven the Chicago tollways )

Is there anyone nearby the San Diego area (or even around Oceanside) that would be willing to carpool up? Otherwise, I don't know if I'll be able to come unless I bring my grandma

(Can you tell I'm the only child and I'm still living at home? )

ETA: HBADPI, if I'm able to come, could you possibly get me a ticket? I'd really appreciate it!
Old 10-17-2003, 01:53 AM
GreekChat Member

polar - didnt honeychile mention something about having a friend in San Diego that might come? Maybe get in touch with honey and see what she can arrange.

adpiucf- I'll take over for you, I PM'd you.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by HBADPi
polar - didnt honeychile mention something about having a friend in San Diego that might come? Maybe get in touch with honey and see what she can arrange.

adpiucf- I'll take over for you, I PM'd you.

FYI - I haven't heard from Cheryl (from San Diego). I'll try to give her a call tonight.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Bumping this up and just wanted to get the ball rolling on this again.

I dont know how many people PM'd adpiucf but since she's swamped and I offered to take over can everyone who had previously pm'd adpiucf, PM me with your email and a phone # that we could reach you at on Sat if we cant find you.

I'll send out an evite once I get everyone's info

(adpiucf hope you dont mind me taking over but I know you're busy)
Old 10-18-2003, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Polarpi, if this would make your mom feel better about driving (I'm not sure how though) I can give you my cell phone number since I'll already be in California, then if you have a problem you have a sister to call.

I don't know, i understand you mothers concern, but the drive to LA from San Diego is only about a 2 hour drive. Then again, I've driven to Tucson and back over a dozen times and to California and back once.

Brianna

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 10-18-2003, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't think it's so much she's worried about me driving the freeways to LA by myself, it's more the idea of all the other drivers that could potentially crash into me (we've had our run of bad luck with accidents this past year or so)

Good news is, though, that my grandma has already agreed to go with me on Saturday so I'll definitely be able to come, but if there is anyone here in the SD area that would like to carpool, I'm open for that too, that way I can tell my grandma she doesn't have to come with me (but I think she'll have a blast, anyways!)

Speaking of, HBADPi, is there a way to get another ticket for my grandma? If not, that's okay, I'll just get one online or as soon as we get there. I CANNOT wait for next Saturday to meet all you lovely ladies!
Old 10-18-2003, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I emailed HBADPI and I suggested that we all meet at 10am in front of Universal Studios and then find a place to meet up with adpiucf at 2pm.
I also suggested that we wear our letters. I'm sure some of you are like 'why'? My line of thinking is that when waiting out front and for adpiucf, it's much easier to spot someone in letters you are certain to recognize. You would where a hat or a shirt or whatever. I mean I know that I'll be wearing at least a hat that has the letters on it.

I'm so excited to meet you all.

I also mentioned to HBADPI, that maybe would could try inviting other sisters in the LA area that may not be a member of GC. I'm sure most of you feel the same as me, I love meeting sisters.

Brianna

Old 10-18-2003, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

ASUADPi - great ideas (and I emailed you back)

If you guys have emails for sisters that you think that might be interested to come definitely send them my way. I've tried several times (unsuccessfully) to get in touch with the Orange county alumnae association but I did mention the get together in the last email I sent their president. I'll see if I can email the presidents of Cal State Fullerton, USC, and UCLA and let them know.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ASUADPi
I emailed HBADPI and I suggested that we all meet at 10am in front of Universal Studios and then find a place to meet up with adpiucf at 2pm.
I also suggested that we wear our letters. I'm sure some of you are like 'why'? My line of thinking is that when waiting out front and for adpiucf, it's much easier to spot someone in letters you are certain to recognize. You would where a hat or a shirt or whatever. I mean I know that I'll be wearing at least a hat that has the letters on it.

I'm planning on wearing my ADPi sweatshirt because wearing letters is ALWAYS more distinctive than saying a specific place to meet up (because I don't know about the rest of you, but I've only been to Universal once and don't know the area at all!)

Quote:
I also mentioned to HBADPI, that maybe would could try inviting other sisters in the LA area that may not be a member of GC. I'm sure most of you feel the same as me, I love meeting sisters.
Meeting sisters is always awesome! I know that the San Diego Alumnae Association has a member who always sends e-mails out to sisters about meeting up...since I don't know all the details for Saturday, here's her e-mail: michellerajni@yahoo.com (her name's Michelle Bipat, she's also the Membership Coordinator of the SD Alumnae Association)

I'll be bringing my camera to take pictures of all of us lovely sisters so we can post pictures of the gathering
Old 10-19-2003, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Does anyone know what the weather will be like? I mean in AZ I can't wear a sweatshirt now, way too hot. But I have a ADPi sweatshirt that I got from giftmart that I absolutely love and would wear on Saturday.

There is also the orange county alumna association and the los angeles alumna association. The latter though doesn't respond to emails, at least they never responded to mine.

I know that I will be at least wearing my adpi hat.

I haven't been to universal (the inside) in years, but I was at the city walk back in June.

There is a fountain that has like a globe (I think), anyways it has Universal studios hollywood circling it. This is right in front of the entrance and a major tourist attraction (pictures and stuff). I think we should probably meet there.

Brianna

Old 10-19-2003, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Would it be out of line to suggest that y'all take some pictures for the Adelphean? I'm sure that adpiucf would know the best way to present it, but I think it would be really fun to see a bunch of sisters who got together from online chatting!
Old 10-19-2003, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

I know that that is one of the reasons I'm taking my camera. I think it would make a great little story in the Adelphean, a bunch of sisters getting together who don't know each other. How cool is that?

Plus, I want pictures for myself. LOL.

Brianna

Old 10-19-2003, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey, I'm all about wearing letters but the problem is I only have long sleeve and sweatshirt. Stupid me gave all my tshirt letters away at senior giveaway. Its been wicked (yes that me and my boston background) hot here. 97 yesterday and its suppose to be like this for the next couple of days. I looked on weather.com and it said that it'll be 87 in Universal City on Saturday. So I dont know, we can wear letters and then tie sweatshirts around our waist I guess.

I emailed the president of Cal State Fullerton's chapter. UCLA's chapter didnt have any emails on their site, and USC didnt have a site. I also emailed LA and OC associations but neither of them have yet to respond to my emails about joining so I dont expect them to answer me now. I put a message on the MSN board about it but no one replied to that either. But thanks polarpi I'll email Michelle.

As far as where to meet, I havent been to Universal since I was 12 so I'm not much help. I'll let ASUADPi decide this one since I'll be coming with her and she's been there more recently than I have.

I'm going to go to the school's ticket center on tuesday to find out how many tickets I can get and I'll let you guys know if I get you tickets. I'm hoping it wont be a problem to get 4..me, polar pi and her grandma, and Asuadpi. I'll let you know how much it comes out to since I dont know if they are going to charge tax but it seems there is tax on everything with this state.

I'll send out the evites tomorrow night, I'm just going to wait a day and see if any of the above mentioned groups email me back. If anyone else comes to mind let me know!