GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,156
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, Aliciasmith
» Online Users: 1,073
2 members and 1,071 guests
3DGator, Cookiez17

Old 08-16-2003, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amandamarie Send a message via Yahoo to amandamarie
I'm glad to hear your orientation went well. I wish I could say I liked everyone in my rho chi group too. Don't be nervous, you'll be fine. As soon as you talk to your first girl, you won't be nervous at all! The parties will fly by. Good luck, and keep us posted!
Old 08-17-2003, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

how was last night?
Old 08-17-2003, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

OK so here we go.....
Last night was one of the most aweosme nights of my life. I mean really...meeting all those women who are so amazing and talented from EVERY sorority. WOW!! I was impressed at every chapter but heres the run down.
Im going to use numbers because Im not feeling all that creative. I am going to describe the chapters in the order which I went to the parties.
1 1st part I was little bi nervous, not knowing what to expect. We stood outside the door while the rho chis beat on the door and the sisters inside were screaming chants and stuff. When they finally pened the doors it was so welcoming to see about 50 bright smiling faces. The first sister I met linked arms with me and brought m over to a corner so we could talk. She asked the typicl get to know you questions and then within about 5 minutes began taking me around to meet other sisters. I met the most sisters at this party. Probably about 20. All of them were o sweet and genuinely interested in what i had to say. Even though I didnt spend a lot fo individual time with each one I felt like I got to know them as much as possible in the smallest amount of time. I loved this chapter. They were poised and class and very sweet. They all love their chapter president so apparently, ths chapter has some amazing leadership. I met the pres and the recruitment chair who really ipressed me.
2 Ok for number two it was the same thing lots of smiles and cheers. They were really psyched up here, lots of enthusiasm. Especially as we were leaving. As I walked in a girl inked arms with me and took me to a corner of the room to talk. She actually transferred froma chapter at another scool so she didn't really kow all of the sisters very well but it didn' mater. Man sisters came over and introduced themselves. I met the chapter president here as well. She was very beautiful and sweet. Many of the girls in my rho chi group loved this chapter. I only met about 5 girls but they were all super sweet and friendly. It was kind f nice to be paired with a transfer since I am a transfer.
3 This group was really fun. The told me all about their chapter lie. Sports and activities they do. They were really open as far as being honest and real. I felt like these girls were realy being themselves an they made me feel really comfortable and at home.
4 This group was one of my favorites. They were number 2 on my ranking list. When I came in I felt like they were so spirited and friendly, it was impossible not to feel at home. They told me they had plenty of roo on their floor and all about life on the floor. (We have floors here instead of houses).
They were so sweet and welcoming.....I knew for sure I would be gong back to this chapter today....They seemed really excited to have me comeback as well. he enthusiasm here was te highest so far. i met the pres of this group as well and sh was a total doll. They seem really puled otgether and organized but still know how to get loud and ave a blast. I had a blast at their party!
5 OK, I ove this group as well. These ladies were so classy. They made me feel at home and their song at the beginning was the sweetest. I really enjoyed istening to them sing and they were so incredibly nice. The girl I talked to told m all about the chapter operations and policies. She was very informative. I met about 5 girls in this chpater and was so impressed by all of them. This chpater places a huge emhasis o grades and also runs on a point system. I don't know how much I dig the hwole point system thing but I guess is just there to ensure that all the members participatein activities. They also told me abou their bid day plans
6 Ok number six was definitely my favorite out o all the chapters. I don't know what it is about these girls but something about them made me want to be one. They all were so excited I leanred all about he sorrity. They have a lot of philanthropies and a lot of diversity as far as girls being involved in other things on campus. They spoke so highly about eachother. They told m all about life on the flor and ow great it was...It made me really excited. Plus this one girl came over and told a hilarious story. I haven't laughed that hard in forever.
7 Seven was ok. I wasn't overly impressed. I don't know why. They seemed like really ice girls but I just didn't sense the type of enthusiasm the other girls had. They didn't talk a lot about their activities and they mostly asked me questions...the conversation just didnt flow quite as well.
8 eight was ok but honestly. I know a girl in this sorority from high school and as far as I knew we should have been on good terms but she was holding the door open for everyone and she did not smile or say hi. I was kind of put of by that. The girls I met (about 3) were super sweet but I did not feel I had much in common with them and I thought I would fit in better with some of the others.

All in all....I was super impressed.
Old 08-17-2003, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like you had a great time everywhere!! I can't wait to hear where you go next!!
Old 08-17-2003, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

That sounds really cool Sweet Chick....sounds like six of the eight are really great chapters!

As a dude in an NPHC Fraternity, I'm really enjoying learning about NPC formal recruitment.
Old 08-17-2003, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

heres the update

Ok I went and met with my rho chi this mornng...I was invited back to all 8 chapters. I thought about it last night and I decided to eliminate 7 because I don't think i would have fit in there as well. I also eliminated 8 because of the same reason.
Honestly though, If I cold have got to know more sisters from both of them i am sure I would have probably loved them too. Unfortunately though, you have to cut someone.
Anyway, I am meeting my rho chi at 3:30 to get my schedule for tonight. Tonight we go individually ot the parties rather than with our group. This is a good thing for me because some of the girls in m gorup were starting to act a little too cool.
So tonight there are 6 hilanthropy parties where we get to learn about the philanthropy and make stuff for them. I am so excited to go back and meet more sisters and get to know them better.
I love RUSH. I am taking in every minute because this is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity and I want to remember it forever. I am so honored to have been invited back to all the parties.
love ya'll
Old 08-17-2003, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

ps

sorry for the spelling errors guys. I am not used to this laptop keyboard yet.
Old 08-17-2003, 01:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to Angels&Arrows
Congratulations.. Only if you are comfortable... Will you tell us the six chapters you are going back to on 6 Day party?
Old 08-17-2003, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

6 Parties

AOPi
ADPi
KD
DZ
Theta
Alpha Gam
Old 08-17-2003, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
Hey sweetchicky, don't forget to update as soon as you get out of tonight's parties! I will be taking an early flight out of town tomorrow morning, so tonight is my last night to follow rush threads until the 25th!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

The agony!!!!! What will I do????!!!!!

Have a great day and have fun. Ignore your rho chi group. When I was a rho chi, there was a girl in my group who acted like she was God's gift and she ended up heavily cut. Just be your beautiful self. It's all about YOU!!!!!

Waiting anxiously for tonight's update,

dzsaigirl
Old 08-17-2003, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bsp-mich24
Have Fun & Good Luck tonight!
Old 08-17-2003, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay! Have a great time tonight, and don't forget to update us if possible! I can't stand the suspense!
Old 08-17-2003, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Best of luck!! Philanthrophy Day is a wonderful way to show how caring the chapters and overall nationals can be!

Relax, breathe and have a wonderful time!
Old 08-17-2003, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I am really enjoying this thread - even though there is no Gamma Phi chapter!! -- haha -- I cannot wait to hear how the next round goes!

Keep the updates coming!
Old 08-17-2003, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

congrats...congrats...marvelous beginning. now enjoy and hang in and see how this plays out.
sounds like all is wonderful.