GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,167
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,578
3 members and 1,575 guests
JayhawkAOII, John, touredit

Old 05-20-2003, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

WOW!!!!! thanks, I'm going out looking for a ceramic plate iron as soon as a little $$$$ comes my way. I'm really excited about the thought of looking like I have naturally straight hair. I know most of us curly girls can spot a straightening attempt from a mile away!! (hee).

I'm only looking for a semipermanent option, I think I would get bored with straight hair if I had it all the time
Old 05-20-2003, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Consider yourselves lucky if you have straight OR curly hair. I used to have board straight hair, but when I cut it VERY short after a bad break up, it grew back part curly, part wavy, part straight and ALL irritating. I have to spend time on it every morning, which really sucks, since all I used to have to do was wash, dry and brush. My hair isn't long enough to put up without falling, so I have no idea what I'll do with my hair when rush rolls around. At least everything is inside for us!
Old 05-20-2003, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I have the ever so lovely part curly, part wavy, part straight but ALWAYS FRIZZY hair too. The easiest way to deal with it is to use Bed Head Control Freak, blow dry and then use really big velcro rollers or hot rollers and Zero G hairspray. It seems to be a perfect combo for some reason.

During rush I used to keep one of those vidal sassoon hot air curling blower thingies in the bathroom and run up and try to smooth my hair b/w parties b/c we didn't have A/C in our chapter house.
Old 05-20-2003, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I remember my roommate used to take a lightning fast shower during breaks from rush parties. In the SC sun and humidty, I don't blame her. I don't think she washed her hair or redid her make up, just a fast shower.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by trisigmaAtl
WOW!!!!! thanks, I'm going out looking for a ceramic plate iron as soon as a little $$$$ comes my way. I'm really excited about the thought of looking like I have naturally straight hair. I know most of us curly girls can spot a straightening attempt from a mile away!! (hee).

I'm only looking for a semipermanent option, I think I would get bored with straight hair if I had it all the time
trisigmaAtl- Let us know when you get one! Kiss those bad hair days in the Atlanta humidity good-bye!

(I can't believe I'm posting on this topic. I'm really more substantive than hair-care products.)
Old 05-20-2003, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

It's so funny to se all you girls with curly hair trying to straighten it!!! I have stick straight hair (so when it's humid it won't hold a curl at all), and I always have wanted curls. I've almost perfected the hot roller trick, but my hair is still too long to get the very roots curly. You curly girls have lots of options.. I can only do two things-- down or in a pony tail.
-M
Old 05-20-2003, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I have the utmost faith that all of us GC ladies are waay more substantive than hair care products!!!!