GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,030
1 members and 1,029 guests
No Members online

Old 12-11-2002, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Perhaps. But whether you use multiculturalism or something else as an example, I maintain that North Americans today are no longer capable of identifying a single set of ideals that will bind the hearts and minds of a group of men and women in united purpose for the next 100 years.

Time will tell if I'm right. But the historical performance record of modern startup GLOS speaks for itself. So far, despite good intentions and the efforts of good men and women, there are few success stories, if any.

wptw
Old 12-12-2002, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

I guess when you say that groups less than 100 years old are "doomed to fail", you aren't accounting NINE very successful, DIVINE, national fraternities and sororities which were formed in response to social issues. Just because they aren't as old as Chi Omega or Sigma Chi doesn't mean that they aren't "real". There is life outside the NPC and NIC.

Oh yeah, and Brown isn't a "Greek-friendly" school. We just tolerate Greek groups (barely).
Old 12-12-2002, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Actually, I think I said 80 or 90 years - basically from around 1920. My intention was to include the divine nine, all of which were founded in the 80+ years ago timeframe, except for Iota Phi Theta of course (which doesn't seem to be the strongest link in the D-9 chain).

So drop the attitude.

wptw