GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 895
1 members and 894 guests
No Members online

Old 10-29-2009, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
This is why I asked. When I turned 18, my obligations were no longer my parents'. Requiring them to sign something when I was able to make decisions on my own wouldn't have gone over well. I don't see how something like that could have been required.

I equated it to co-signing on a car. If you can't do it on your own and can't get someone to co-sign, you're SOL. I thought that was the case in Tri-Delta.
I can't really explain it further than I did in my previous post. I know it requires it. I know parents sign it regardless of their providing monetary assistance or not. I can't shed further light on special circumstances and the like because I cannot think of any. I apologize again.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

I pledged and was initiated when I was 16 years old. My parents had to sign off on it, but I was able to go through it. Now, that was *mumble mumble* years ago, so I don't know if anything's changed or not.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
I pledged and was initiated when I was 16 years old. My parents had to sign off on it, but I was able to go through it. Now, that was *mumble mumble* years ago, so I don't know if anything's changed or not.
I was recently initiated and I dont know of any of my sisters who are under 18, even though there are girls who would of only been 17 last year that initiated a year before me so it is at least still allowed but i dont know the logistics that went along with it. However I do know of one girl who went through recruitment and she was only 16, she didnt end up in my chapter so IM not sure if her parents were required to sign anything. However I am 18 and still had to give parental information for financial purposes even though they rnt paying my dues. I think this may also serve as a reminder as we pay online and my parents and I gt the reminder that a payment is due,
Old 12-18-2009, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlbubbles View Post
I can't really explain it further than I did in my previous post. I know it requires it. I know parents sign it regardless of their providing monetary assistance or not. I can't shed further light on special circumstances and the like because I cannot think of any. I apologize again.
Parents do not sign financial obligations of memebership for Tri Delta. The daughter signs 3 copies. One stays with the chapter, one stays with the member, and one GOES to the parent to see. A letter from the alumnae adivor and the president goes WITH the financial obligations of membership. We had a girl in our chapter who was 17 when she was initiated. I know her parents didn't have to sign the financial obligations or the membership obligations. There pay have been something they did need to sign, but not to my knowledge.

I'm the current VP Finance for my chapter.

Last edited by jennyj87; 12-18-2009 at 05:51 PM.