GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,322
0 members and 1,322 guests
No Members online

Old 11-24-2007, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

NCSE88...I hope you decide to continue your story. I think that every PNM is entitled to her own opinion about each chapter. If I was in one of these chapters, I'd take your comments as constructive criticism. Not everyone is going to feel comfortable at the same chapters at which I am comfortable, so I don't get offended if they aren't. I thought you explained yourself very well. I was glad to see that you were able to see past the rumors you heard before recruitment. Let's face it...there are rumors about chapters that PNMs hear. You did a great job making your own mind up about the chapters. I want to know how it ended for you!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 11-24-2007, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I also would like to get the end of your story as well!
Old 11-24-2007, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
She PMed it to me.....good read.

If you ask her by PM or something she may.

It turns out pretty well, Jimmy Choo.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm so sad that another true recruitment story was ruined because of people who have made GC something that it wasn't meant to be.....judgmental.

I would love to hear the rest of this story if you would PM it to me. I can't wait to find out where you went!
Old 11-25-2007, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to thetaprincess
Id like to know the rest. Im too scared to put up my recruitment story

I hope it turns it okay.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Scandia
I could not figure out the houses- or even the university, only a guess about the state.

I would like to hear the rest of the story. I do know the reputations of the houses at my undergrad school and had heard most of them before I went through recruitment 11 years ago. My NPC GLO is one that was not at my undergrad school- but this fact has nothing to do with the reasons why I chose it.

Theta Phi Alpha
Old 11-25-2007, 09:00 AM

I'd love to hear the rest of your story too.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
I'd love to hear the rest as well! :-)
Old 11-25-2007, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
I think that every PNM is entitled to her own opinion about each chapter. If I was in one of these chapters, I'd take your comments as constructive criticism.
I agree. As long as a PNM is posting her actual, experienced thoughts and feelings about a chapter (i.e: "I didn't like this conversation...they seem too focused on my appearance" vs. "Everyone hates this chapter because they suck") we can learn a LOT about how a chapter is coming across during recruitment, not to mention how different recruitments are across campuses. Not to mention learning a little bit more about what PNMs respond positively and negatively to during recruitment.

I'm sure we all know of amazing chapters that just don't do as well during structured recruitment...they may not be aware of how they come across to PNMs. Reading these stories may give us some insight or prompt a private conversation on how to help these chapters out.

Even though I'm not very vocal on these recruitment threads, I do read them (and learn a lot!). I would also be interested in hearing the rest of your story NCSE88...if you are still reading this thread, PM me.

PsychTau
Old 11-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Banned

I would like to join the rest of you who would like to hear the rest of this story. I found it rather refreshing from the usual "I didn't think I would fit in there" stuff . It is not like she said that one of the chapters was pond scum and she would rather take a power drill to her head than be a member. Stop being so critical guys.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I actually think it would be a real gift to know what pnms who didn't fall in love with your chapter experienced - it might give you some real insight into what you can work on as far as recruitment. Or not - it could be that the reason is silly or inconsequential.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Unregistered-

I only got to this thread today because it's very rare that I even bother to read rush stories. The insane amount of "the girls were cute and their skit was cute!," not to mention the "Good luck!" posts are enough to turn me away.

I got excited when I started reading her experiences and hoped that she would have a rush thread similar to that of kdonline's former student (curlygirly).

So she posted inaccurate info about Phi Mu (it wasn't that hard to figure out, especially when 2 Phi Mus were quick to jump down her throat) and she said she didn't like that house. No need to get sensitive about it because she didn't like your house. Correct her if need be, but no need to throw out the veiled threats, especially when she hasn't said anything wrong.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Theta, why are you scared to put up your story???
Old 11-25-2007, 09:36 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^Probably the same reason why some of our GCers who have had daughters going through recruitment have someone else post the day-by-day action.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
God forbid we have some honesty here... I think SWTXBelle and others hit the nail on the head. So glad you all said what I was thinking!