GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,261
2 members and 1,259 guests
No Members online

Old 10-30-2011, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Who was the girl they cut for being too.... what's the word they used... "soft" maybe?
Oh my god that was crazy. Like, are you kidding me, she's not fat at all!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't recall her name, but I know that her weight was an issue last season. It sucks because it seems like outside of her weight, Kelli and Julie seem to REALLY like her.

It also sucks because honestly, the weight she's at right now is most likely her "natural" weight. You know, the weight that is pretty much the lowest you're going to get no matter how many sit-ups, workouts, etc. And it seems like it was hard for her to even get to that. She just can't seem to get any smaller.

Even if it's not the weight itself and just a tone issue, some people just don't tone up easily in the ab department. You can even be smaller than her and not very toned. Ex: I've always been small, but I have NEVER had a 6 pack and never will. lol.

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle14 View Post
Who was the girl they cut for being too.... what's the word they used... "soft" maybe?
Oh my god that was crazy. Like, are you kidding me, she's not fat at all!!!
Elizabeth "Liz" Reuter
Old 10-31-2011, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Seems to be a bit of a double standard with Liz and Stephanie, Brooke Sorensen's friend from FL. Stephanie had weight issues too, right up to the day they announced the squad, but she got a green light and made the team.

Granted, Liz was warned and knew what she had to do...but maybe that was her best effort? I've been watching the old episodes on hulu and a girl named Kandi was in a similar situation, she was still "soft" but she got the physical fitness award and won the triathalon. Some people can be in excellent shape, that's just how they look. This Kandi girl was a real standout too (she made the team but I beleive didn't make it back because of weight.)
Old 10-31-2011, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

What I would give to look like any of these girls on the show, yet they are considered to "fat" for the uniform. Go frickin' figure.

Kelli, you my sister, but really this dumping girls who are "soft" doesn't help the body image issues women have in the first place.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 10-31-2011, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

^Amen.

I still cringe over the time (I think in the second or third season) Jay said of a girl (who was, seriously, PURE MUSCLE), "I've never seen that fat of a cheerleader."

Of course, the DCCs aren't really cheerleaders.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^Your last point is the key. They're more of a dance team.

My mom has coached cheer for quite some time (competitive teams) and my understanding is that in actual cheerleading, you really don't WANT everyone to be teeny tiny, because someone has to be muscular enough to base the stunts.

Lakers Nation.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
^^^Your last point is the key. They're more of a dance team.

My mom has coached cheer for quite some time (competitive teams) and my understanding is that in actual cheerleading, you really don't WANT everyone to be teeny tiny, because someone has to be muscular enough to base the stunts.
I was a cheerleader and you are exactly right. I've coached and I had girls of every shape and size because we needed the "tiny" girls for flyers but the more muscular and stronger girls as bases, which you need more bases than flyers in the first place (2 bases and a back-spot, possibly front-spot for each 1 flyer).

They are dancers not cheerleaders, but who knows, they might have started out as cheerleaders and evolved into dancers.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 11-02-2011, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Last year I recall that many of the veterans were placed on "weight probation" in training camp because they were too "soft" when they reported to camp.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I enjoy this show but I can't help but cringe when I hear these women being berated for the strangest things. For example, Kitty made one girl take out her bellybutton ring. Another girl was criticized for being too tan.

I think the bottom line is that just about every single girl who shows up at tryouts could do a credible job as a DCC (not including the obviously delusional ones, but there don't ever seem to be more than a few of those).

Kelli and Judy are just looking for the ones who are, in their eyes, "more perfect" than the others. When everyone is pretty much equal, you have to actively LOOK for flaws in order to get the numbers where they need to me.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I loved when they pointed out that one of the girls had "cankles" LOL
Old 11-03-2011, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

"I think the bottom line is that just about every single girl who shows up at tryouts could do a credible job as a DCC (not including the obviously delusional ones, but there don't ever seem to be more than a few of those.)"

I always wonder about those. Do they really think the entire organization is going to make a huge exception and bring them aboard? Remember the RV lady from one of the earlier seasons?!
Old 11-05-2011, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Sweet lord at that girl's tan in the finals ep.

Sidenote: I feel like at least 2 other people were better than Australia Girl.

Also: it was nice of Kelli/Judy to warn girls about their photos/Facebook (and just let them know "hey not cool, take it down, and don't do that anymore") rather than just cut them straight out for it.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 11-05-2011 at 01:56 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

What was up with speeding ticket girl?!?! WTH?

Rookies I really like: Makenzie (she's such a doll!), Candace and Brittany (loved them last season too), Tayle (not sure how much of a shot she has, but she is tough and very pretty.) Ika is beautiful and also a great dancer. I think it's kind of mean to say Nina has "zero personality."

Karissa is kind of annoying. I get the feeling that in a roomful of people, her story, her situation always has to be the "worst." She capitalized on it in her interview, and there she is, getting ready in someone's front yard on the first day. Other girls came from other cities, but they made plans and weren't out wandering around!

Last edited by *winter*; 11-12-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^Karissa = Penelope from SNL.

Her look/appearance is also kind of "off" too. Like, she doesn't seem as polished as the other girls in terms of her look when she comes to practice (yes, it's practice but everyone else seems to treat practice like an appearance and have their hair and make up done.) Maybe it's just me, but when you see her in a group with a bunch of other girls, it's kind of a "one of these things is not like the other" situation.

Even Kelli and Judy said before "she talked her way onto the team and she's not delivering."

Sidenote: Kelli and Judy were also NOT buying Speeding Ticket Veteran's story. You could tell by their facial expressions. lol.

Lakers Nation.