Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 904
0 members and 904 guests
No Members online

Old 05-15-2008, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
Too bad there is a firewall here at work...
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 05-15-2008, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
Too bad there is a firewall here at work...
Too bad it doesn't include GC.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Too bad it doesn't include GC.
Your day would be dull without me....you know it...and wish me a happy GC anniversary today.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”

Last edited by DaemonSeid; 05-15-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

So for you young ladies (under 40), you may want to consider freezing your eggs if you EVER FATHOM that you might want to have a child in 10-15 years...

When I was in my late 20's nothing like this existed... ONLY embryo freezing and since I was not attached, I did not want some goofy man infecting my eggs...

Anyhow, I do find it sad that so many folks force values on married couples. That is just added pressure.

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 05-15-2008, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

"values" is a made up concept anyway, designed to scare people into voting for (insert random lies)
Old 05-15-2008, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm 33 and have no kids. When I'm asked why not, I just say because I'm not married (even if I have a bf at the time, I still say that because...well, I'm not married).

That shuts people up right away I have found. But even if I was, my chances are slim of being able to biologically reproduce so even if I was married, that question is still rude as h*ll.

And quite simply, there are those that just don't want them, plain and simple.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm in the same boat now.

My DH and I have been married for a year and a half. Even at my wedding reception, our best man (DH's brother) included a comment in his speach about my MIL wanting us to "get to the baby-making." Geez! Give us a minute! We are far from ready - financially and emotionally. We live in a co-op barely big enough for the two of us. I can't even take care of myself. How would I begin to guide a child through life? And I'm not ready for the sleepless nights!

And now my (bio) little sister is planning her nuptials for early next year. Therefore, as soon as that's over and done with, I'm given the go-ahead by my family to pop out kids. Thanks! Just about every woman at work has been pregnant/given birth in the past two years. So of course, they're all just foaming at the mouth...waiting...

They can keep waiting.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I just can't tell you all how happy I am to read this thread...

It's a sensitive subject for me, and it's just really really nice to read that other people can't stand this question either. I swear that lately it has seemed as though everyone around me has completely forgotten their manners.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
**Groan**
Old 05-15-2008, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
**Groan**
You saw the other hand doing the "thong dance?"
Old 05-15-2008, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You saw the other hand doing the "thong dance?"
I didn't need to see that before I ate...LOL
Old 05-15-2008, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
I can relate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie93 View Post
This is a question that should never, ever be asked. I mean ever.

There are so many couples (privately) dealing with fertility issues, miscarriages, or for personal reasons have chosen to not have children.

I have watched countless friends be brought to tears by idiots asking this question.

Seriously... do NOT ask it. Even if you mean well. It is rude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post

Something else I hate is when people who have kids tell those who don't that they are so smart and/or lucky. A friend told me this when I was with another friend and she burst into tears b/c she has been trying for 5 years to get pregnant with no success.

The best thing to do IMO is to NOT ASK! It's no one's damn business.
Yeah that! Of course most of the relatives that ask me this question were the ones who got knocked up as teens and have kids by different baby daddies
Of course they asked me about kids RIGHT after I had a miscarriage

Folks need to butt out and STFU
Old 05-15-2008, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_gphib View Post
People are always shocked when I tell them that we DON'T want children-- and that hubby has been *ahem* fixed! We're in our mid-thirties and don't have that desire. If we do later-- great we'll adopt. But it's highly unlikely. It's not that I don't like kids, I love them, I just love my life as it is!
WoW!!! This is exactly how my husband and I feel! I shock the hell out of anyone who asks when I'm going to have kids by saying "Never!" It is truly amazing how many people feel the need to council me "Who will take care of you when your old?", "It's different when it's your own kids!", "It's the best part of life.", "You'll regret it later.", "You'll change your mind...you'll see!" Where do people get off assuming that any of these statements are true or that it's there place to say them?

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 05-15-2008, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=AOII Angel;1652321]WoW!!! It is truly amazing how many people feel the need to council me "Who will take care of you when your old?"QUOTE]

I like to remind them that having kids doesn't guarantee you someone to take care of you when your old-it just means you had some kids. Believe me, I saw lots of elderly patients at work whose kids didn't give a shit if they were in the ICU.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

why do you have 2 kids and not married ot the daddy....?

WTF is wrong with you?

I don't know about you but I heard about these things called... 'condoms' and don't make what you can't take care of....you?
Ha Ha!! I am not bold enough to say this to any of my unmarried friends with children, but I have asked some of my married friends this...Who needs 2 kids in the first year and a half of marriage? Were you on birth control? What possessed you to stop taking it? Normally that stops the question/answer session from them!!!

Quote:
Can I ask an honest question....?

Does the state of the world in which we are living in right now deter you from having children?
DEFINITELY!!! I am very concerned with having enough money to raise the possible children the way I was raised (never worrying about money). The other big issue is the cost of college.

ΚΔΠ Education Honor Society