GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,148
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, Mr. Doom
» Online Users: 1,337
1 members and 1,336 guests
Cookiez17

Old 01-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

on my gosh.......please let us know!!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgirlie88 View Post
Okay Day 1

i realized that maybe 5 girls where "heavy". I think its just cause of their name that people wanna call them the "fat sorority". But there were a lot of really thin girls in the chapter, but the vast majority had average bodies.

hmm don't know if it's obvious but i figured out which sorority this is ... that was a definite easy detail to figure out ..... sigma alpha tau
Old 01-13-2008, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug10474 View Post
hmm don't know if it's obvious but i figured out which sorority this is ... that was a definite easy detail to figure out ..... sigma alpha tau
Or Sigma Delta Tau, which also resembles "EAT". That description though actually made me think of Phi Mu, which I've heard referred to as "Phi Moo". We don't have a Phi Mu chapter at my school, but all the Phi Mus I know nationally are quite slim.... go figure.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Banned

ooo true i forgot about that sorority!! lol you'll have to forgive me i just woke up and still a little hazy since i got 3 hours of sleep last night.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Quote:
haha, Sigma Alpha Tau, also known as Owls, is a sorority at Otterbein College, founded in 1910. http://www.otterbein.edu/studentlife/greek/frat_sor.asp

To the OP: Hope everything is going groovy for you!
Old 01-13-2008, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

There are more sororities whose names can be twisted as the "fat" sorority, but I'd rather not give anyone else any ideas.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Quote:
If you did mean Sigma Delta Tau, as a sister I'm insulted greatly. Not all SDT sisters are fat by any means. Please, think before you post something that insults people, you wouldn't like people insulting your sorority would you?

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 01-13-2008, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I think its just cause of their name that people wanna call them the "fat sorority".
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonz View Post
If you did mean Sigma Delta Tau, as a sister I'm insulted greatly. Not all SDT sisters are fat by any means. Please, think before you post something that insults people, you wouldn't like people insulting your sorority would you?
The OP said that Callie has an undeserved rep as the "fat" sorority because some people on her campus twist Callie's nickname to give it a "fat" connotation. There are examples in posts above. However, there's no way you can deduce just one group from this, I've heard "fat nicknames" for many different sororities. I don't think ktbug or lindz were implying that all members of SDT are fat, but instead, that SDT could get an undeserved rep because of what the letters connote.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

It really could be any sorority... people can turn almost any initials into being something bad ... I know on our campus the fraternities had given the delta phi epsilon sorority a bad nickname that implied they were fat *I will withhold saying it so I don't offend anyone*
Old 01-13-2008, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you Zeta13Girl and VioletPretty, i can think of three sororities off the top of my head who's name/nickname can me twisted to something that means fat.

I did not say that Callie is was Sigma Delta Tau, and i also said that i heard that Callie was for the heavy girls, but when i meet them i saw that it was just a stupid rumour and have not mentioned Callies weight since then. If i insulted you by saying what i had heard about CALLIE (not mentioning any specific sorority)... then i am truly sorry for that. I did not mean any offense.

greek love.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Banned

i'm sorry too, i didn't mean anything by it but i was just giving an example. i can understand where you're coming from by saying your offended, i would be too if i was an sdt. but that's absolutely no reason to jump down my or anybody's throat. that is how these stupid petty arguments on the INTERNET start... which makes everybody involved look like little high schoolers. just my 2 cents
Old 01-13-2008, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Quote:
i'm sorry too, i didn't mean anything by it but i was just giving an example. i can understand where you're coming from by saying your offended, i would be too if i was an sdt. but that's absolutely no reason to jump down my or anybody's throat. that is how these stupid petty arguments on the INTERNET start... which makes everybody involved look like little high schoolers. just my 2 cents
I didn't mean to jump down your throat, but the whole EAT thing is very insulting and I had to put in my two cents on that.

Also I get a feeling that we aren't at her school (but I could be wrong)

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 01-13-2008, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thank you Zeta13Girl and VioletPretty, i can think of three sororities off the top of my head who's name/nickname can me twisted to something that means fat.

I did not say that Callie is was Sigma Delta Tau, and i also said that i heard that Callie was for the heavy girls, but when i meet them i saw that it was just a stupid rumour and have not mentioned Callies weight since then. If i insulted you by saying what i had heard about CALLIE (not mentioning any specific sorority)... then i am truly sorry for that. I did not mean any offense.

greek love.
My post wasn't for you at all

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 01-13-2008, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Buttonz, or anyone-- I did not mean any harm.... so sorry if I offended you. I hoped the way that I typed my post clearly stated that the sole reason I thought the OP meant Sigma Delta Tau was that the letters looked like the word EAT. I meant no offense to you or anyone else in that sorority. I'm truly sorry if my post came across wrong!
Old 01-13-2008, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

okay ladies! Last Post!

So... in the end, i decided rank #1 Izzy and #2 Bailey, and let the man upstairs take care of the rest (and he did)

And then... i opened my envelope and sawwwwwww

Bailey!
Alpha Sigma Alpha!

It was a shock that Izzy had cut me at the last minute, but i was okay... cause i got ASA and some of the best sisters i could have ever asked for!

We were 2 under quota, COB'ed hardcore! and are currently the 3rd biggest chapter. I love my sisters so much and i feel like this is such a good fit for me!

we are working really hard to change our image on campus, and like to think that people dont see us as a default chapter anymore! but we know that sisterhood is more important that looks, cars, or purses... and i feel like we attract girls who realize that...

oh and jen? she got Meredith... and she and some of her pledge sisters deactived themselves a couple of weeks after initiation... go figure