GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,475
0 members and 1,475 guests
No Members online

Old 12-16-2006, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...ec0&id=1404447 Those are the pics in case you haven't seen them on facebook already.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to CUPrez
Delta Psi Epsilon Christian Sorority, Inc

Yes! Delta Psi Epsilon Christian Sorority, Inc. has been around since 1999. Check us out on the Web. There are many others as well. While we are predominantly African-American now, our goal is to be racially mixed to truly represent the body of Christ.

"The Sorority That Puts
GOD First"
A proud member of the United Council of Christian Fraternities and Sororities, Inc.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ProPhetic1 Send a message via Yahoo to ProPhetic1
Those were some nice pics. Being a member of a Christian Fraternity I can say that Christian Fraternites & Sororities are not here to compete with members of other Collegiate Fraternities. Here is a quote from our website
Quote:
We believe that the Greek system is a good medium for helping all communities and has proven to strengthen bonds between men and women nationwide. The members of Gamma Psi Lambda would like to use the Greek system to further spread the principles of Jesus Christ as written in the BIBLE.
We exist as an alternative to the traditonal. We consider oursleves as Ministries.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to CUPrez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
Hmmm...isn't Christianity its own fraternity? Why are the "Greek" letters necessary? Is it a recruitment tool or something?

The Christian "fraternity" from my yard wore line jackets, had line names, and had a "probate" show like the NPHC organizations. Is THAT a recruitment tool?

Are you more of a Christian if you have "Greek" letters on?

It is not about recruiting for Christianity or the Christian religion. Christian fraternities and sororities are an "out-of-the-box" ministry in and of themselves that give Christians the opportunity to take part in Greek life without ever having to feel uncomfortable about anything going on within their organizations.

So of course you are not more of a Christian with Greek letters on, but the organization is a tool for Christian young people to have an umbrella under which to minister. No a Greek organization isn't necessary to do that, but it is another avenue.

Vila-Sheree Watson
National President
Delta Psi Epsilon Christian Sorority, Inc.
http://www.deltapsiepsilon.com

"The Sorority That Puts
GOD First"
A proud member of the United Council of Christian Fraternities and Sororities, Inc.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to Zetagymnast Send a message via Yahoo to Zetagymnast
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUPrez View Post
It is not about recruiting for Christianity or the Christian religion. Christian fraternities and sororities are an "out-of-the-box" ministry in and of themselves that give Christians the opportunity to take part in Greek life without ever having to feel uncomfortable about anything going on within their organizations.

So of course you are not more of a Christian with Greek letters on, but the organization is a tool for Christian young people to have an umbrella under which to minister. No a Greek organization isn't necessary to do that, but it is another avenue.

Vila-Sheree Watson
National President
Well said!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't know if you have facebook, but there is a group on there called Christian greeks that lists all of the Christian Greek Life Organizations
Old 06-22-2007, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUPrez View Post

Vila-Sheree Watson
National President
While I am not offended by the idea of Christian GLOs, I wish many of them would realize that there are Christians in other GLOs. It is possible to be a Christian and still be a member of a mainstream fraterity or sorority... Just my two cents....

Old 06-25-2007, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

That is true. As a member of a Christian GLO I try my best to remember that. I think those people that are offended by that though should also remember that they are a Christian before a Greek brother or sister. If you put your fraternity before your faith, then you aren't committed enough in your faith to be offended by that. IMHO
Old 11-27-2008, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phlphilly3
re: Black Christian Greek Org's

hey. this is a response to the post by the member of Alpha Iota Omega located at UNC Chapel Hill. i was surfing the net and i came across this site. i read ur post and was fascinated. like u i wonder where the other Christian frat's and sororities are. Im a member of the Beta Chapter of Iota Alpha Omega Christian Fraternity on Shaw U's campus in Raleigh. There is also a Christian sorority on our campus, Alpha Sigma Gamma. I found that the Christian organizations on my campus are facing continuous hardships. It ranges from recruitment to raising funds to contempt from administration and other BGLO's. How did your organization(s) get passed it? How did you overcome?

Last edited by phlphilly3; 11-27-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

hello......
Old 11-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

The post you're inquiring about is about 8 years old.

Just FYI
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 11-30-2008, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LavenderChoc08
Wink Chi Lambda Xi Multicultural Greek Sorority here.

Chi Lambda Xi is a new Christian Greek Sorority. It encourages multiculturalism and diversity. We are newly founded, so we are in our beginning stages, but we are strong. We are not looking for quantity, but quality women who are ready to work to change the world. If you would like to know more send me a message.

So Lavanillocolate...
"We, Us, All Together"
Old 12-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator

............................................______ __........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:, ........
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,.....
.................../.................................................. .........,}....
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}....
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./.....
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\... .....................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\............. ..........
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 12-04-2008, 05:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Having seen an Alpha Nu Omega probate, it really is a different experience. Not ENTIRELY, but definitely very classy. The org also seems to have a solid structure and a great support system for its undergrads. It shows in its expansion and its programming.

The other good thing about the org is that it really is what it says it is -- a Christian Alternative. When I see Alpha Nu Omega members, I don't see them as competition. I don't see their members as somebody Alpha lost out on. I say hey, that person found the right fit for them.

If they're happy, so am I.

You are quite right.

That is all I am going to say for now

Member of Alpha Nu Omega Sorority, Inc.

-LD01

Last edited by lovelydovely01; 12-04-2008 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Awe...Im blessed to hear great things about ANQ!!