Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, rubbybuble
» Online Users: 1,431
2 members and 1,429 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 05-19-2008, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LunaP
Hey Browneyes! You guys are right by AD Greek right? We get our gear from them all the time, and follow it up with yummy scoops of Coldstone icecream

<3 Luna
Z F A
Old 05-25-2008, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MsDGP007 Send a message via Yahoo to MsDGP007
My sorority. Delta Gamma Pi, has a chapter at SUNY Binghamton. From what I hear, Binghamton will be opening up to national organizations this upcoming year. Could just be a rumor though...not quite sure.

If any events are planned...please post! We have tons of alumna in NYC and then the sisters up at Binghamton...it would be great
Old 09-09-2008, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey there! I'm a sister of Alpha Sigma which was started in 1992 on CUNY Brooklyn. I pledged Spring 07 for the Gamma Chapter which has been on CUNY John Jay since 2005. If anyone would like to contact me (i'm on eboard) just send an email: nova@alphasigmasorority.com

Old 11-19-2008, 06:58 PM
GreekChat Member

There are a few local in SUNY buffalo
Old 11-20-2008, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerezo View Post
and a bunch of ex-national fraternities that have gone local but still use the National ritual and name, etc. One, ATO, is in trouble right now over hazing
Old 05-06-2010, 07:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to EDGE
There's my sorority Alpha Sigma which has chapters at Brooklyn college, John Jay, Hunter and St.Francis. There's Gamma Beta Delta, AEPhi, Kappa Chi Phi, Sigma Chi Phi. The list is endless...if go to wikipedia there's actually a legit list of local sororities and coed frats there.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE View Post
There's my sorority Alpha Sigma which has chapters at Brooklyn college, John Jay, Hunter and St.Francis. There's Gamma Beta Delta, AEPhi, Kappa Chi Phi, Sigma Chi Phi. The list is endless...if go to wikipedia there's actually a legit list of local sororities and coed frats there.
AEPhi is not a local.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerezo View Post

Quite a few -
Alpha Beta Sigma Sorority, Inc. and Beta Sigma Kappa Fraternity are two of them... Both being multi-cultural, the former is an Afrikan, Caribbean, and Latina Sorority, and the latter is an Afro-Latino Fraternity.

Last edited by Fiyah98; 04-27-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Zeta Phi Lambda is a local chapter out of CSI in Staten Island. If anyone wants to get together for mixers let me know! We are still pretty small but are always down for meeting new Greek organizations.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

We Admire all of You!!!

We are a local based in New York City, with members who live in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Maryland and Nigeria. We are not a conventional group, as most of us are in our 30s and 40s and are professionals. Most of our members didn't join (or couldn't join) more established organizations when they were in college and we have others who never even went to college.

Our primary focus is community service and youth development. Some of the service activities that we have done include: (a) mentoring and sponsoring a baby shower for a homeless pregnant teen and her boyfriend; (b) preparing and distributing survival bags for the homeless; (c) conducting a toy drive for a local public school; (d) securing donations of money and supplies to donate towards the disaster relief effort in Haiti; (e) supporting a soldier deployed overseas; (f) mentoring an incarcerated teen and preparing him for re-entry and (g) developing a youth chapter.

We are fairly new and have not really established an online presence as yet (but that is one of our goals this year). We just wanted to introduce ourselves and send a shout out to all of you and your various organizations. You are the standard that we aspire to and I really hope that everyone of you takes advantage of the opportunities that your affiliations present. For those of you who are still teens and still in your 20s, these are the best moments of your lives. Enjoy them under the watchful eye of us 40 year olds who are hating..... but then, God has been good to allow us to get this far!

I am new to this forum and I look forward to hearing more about the exciting work that you are all doing and to reading up on some of the advice that you are offering that I hope will broaden our reach to those who are less fortunate.

I am remain faithful - you remain strong - and we are Sigma Theta Rho!

Be well everyone!
Old 05-30-2011, 09:38 PM
tinyTIM52410

Alfred State Greek Life

Last edited by tinyTIM52410; 08-16-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

At my college there are numerous locals.

Zeta Gamma Sigma
Omega Delta Phi
Phi Kappa Pi
Alpha Kappa Phi
Alpha Delta Kappa
Old 07-11-2011, 03:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I am apart of a local sorority (Kappa Phi Beta) at St. Johns University Queens Campus
currently there are only 3 local organizations.
Kappa Phi Beta Sorority
Lambda Phi Sorority
Sigma Chi Beta Fraternity
Old 05-24-2012, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphib57 View Post
I am apart of a local sorority (Kappa Phi Beta) at St. Johns University Queens Campus
currently there are only 3 local organizations.
Kappa Phi Beta Sorority
Lambda Phi Sorority
Sigma Chi Beta Fraternity
My grandmother was in a local at St. John's! (Brooklyn campus, I think.) It was Alpha Beta Chi. Founded in 1950...I have no clue what happened to the chapter...
Old 08-09-2012, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPhiBete View Post
We aren't a local but we may as well be.... I'm the President of the only NYC chapter of Phi Beta Psi, a national, non-academic sorority...though our chapter is made up entirely of college aged girls, many of whom attend CUNY schools....and unlike many of the Phi Beta Psi chapters across the country, our chapter is run as much like a regular collegiate GLO as possible.

Right now, I am trying to get us more involved in Greek Life around the NY area...though it's hard because we are a) not on a college campus and b) not always acknowledged by other Greeks...

so its hard :-( if anyone is interested in planning some kind of get together, event, mixer, etc, let me know!
Kappa Tau Sigma is a non-collegiate GLO near NYC! Before we decided to start our own, I contacted Phi Beta Psi to get more info on the organization but no one returned my email We'd love to contact you girls. We could help each other with philanthropy projects and events!
"Never Above You, Never Below You, Always Beside You."
Follow us on Twitter.
Like us on Facebook. Visit us online.