0 members and 924 guests
No Members online

Old 10-05-2004, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Ask away
Old 10-05-2004, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I am a founding father of the Idaho State Colony, as of today we have submitted everything required by the SEC to charter. We are waiting to hear back now and we should know if we are approved in the next week or two. I will keep everyone updated. Exciting times here at Idaho State. As for help with you, bluebeacon, I would recommend not trying to rush things, it just stresses people out and makes it not very much fun. Another tip would be to not lose focus on the brotherhood side of things. Make sure to plan out regular brotherhood events to go and have fun and forget about the stresses of being a colony. Keep current on your finances. Don't carry dead weight, if a guy is not pulling his weight, it may be time to review his membership in the colony, sounds mean, but chartering requires the help of everyone! To get all of the workshops done, we've found that it is easiest to do them all in one intense weekend, we just call it our BIA weekend. If you are on the EC, make sure to keep the other EC members fired up and excited, it helps keep every other guy motivated!! Good luck!!
Old 10-05-2004, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

There is always help with recruitment. That is the reason for our Area Recruitment Managers. You can ask to have the one for your area come out and help you recruit, it costs some money, but it is well worth it. That is the kind of help from nationals you will probably get. Have you guys already fundraised all of the money needed to charter?
Old 02-14-2005, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

kappa lambda of kappa sigma

Yes we have everything done, including workshops, we're just needing ten men right now, to obtain our charter. The SEC has just voted on our re-instatement as a chapter here at Shippensburg University, so we are all ready to go, I have a good feeling that on April 16th we will be undergoing our initiation ritual at the Zembo Shriner Mosque in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania...I literally cannot wait, neither can the rest of my fellow founding fathers to enter the order as full-fledged brothers, long live Kappa Lambda! Long Live Kappa Sigma!
Old 02-27-2005, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: kappa lambda of kappa sigma

Quote:
Originally posted by bluebeacon
Yes we have everything done, including workshops, we're just needing ten men right now, to obtain our charter. The SEC has just voted on our re-instatement as a chapter here at Shippensburg University, so we are all ready to go, I have a good feeling that on April 16th we will be undergoing our initiation ritual at the Zembo Shriner Mosque in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania...I literally cannot wait, neither can the rest of my fellow founding fathers to enter the order as full-fledged brothers, long live Kappa Lambda! Long Live Kappa Sigma!
Good luck in getting the last few guys needed for charter status. I've always said I'm impressed by founding fathers who are able to start a chapter; I can't imagine how much work it must take to establish something like a fraternity chapter.

Good luck, and hopefully your hard work will bring another chapter to the Fraternity.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Expansion Activity

Hey guys, to give you all a heads-up there are colonies in the works in District 47 for the University of Alaska in Anchorage and the University of Lethbridge in Alberta, Canada (Quite close to Montana)...

Also the colony in Kamloops, British Columbia, is now 8 months old and getting close to seeking installation approval.

That will bring Canadian chapters/colonies to 7, including UWO colony, UCC colony, and UL colony. I have heard a couple other colonies in Ontario and Manitoba are also not far off.

Keep the good news rollin...

AEKDB
Mike
Old 03-02-2005, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

kappa lambda of kappa sigma

Guess what everyone, we did it! Kappa Lambda of Kappa Sigma is officially back, I'm still overwhelmed by it all, in one week, we signed on 11 great men as pledges and fellow founding fathers! We fundraised the $2500 chartering fee! We completed all workshops and are on our way to April 16th 2005 initiation into the order. I can't wait, we can't wait, long live kappa sigma, long live kappa lambda forever!
Old 03-08-2005, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Not a KappaSig but....

I'm not a Kappa Sig as they were kicked off of our campus here at ULM before I started here... I do know that their time table has elapsed and there are several, several guys interested and attempting to revive the ULM chapter....Any in Louisiana or close by they could use all the help and support possible becauase it will be very hard for them to get back on campus here
Old 03-08-2005, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

HQ

If you speak to any of them, tell them to get in contact with Kappa Sigma HQ, I am sure they will help them to the best of their ability.

Mike
Old 03-12-2005, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Return of Kappa-Lambda at Shippensberg

bluebeacon:

Congratulations on your colony's success in attracting the necessary number of members and raising the sufficient funds to enable the colony to progress to the rechartering of Kappa-Lambda chapter.

It will be terrific to see Kappa-Lambda restored to the roll of active chapters, especially since Kappa Sigma currently does not have a particluarly strong presence in eastern Pennsylvania. Hopefully reinstallation of Kappa-Lambda will be soon followed by similar returns to our chapters at Bucknell and Dicksinson which have closed over the alst couple of years, thechartering of our present colony at York College, and new expansion to some other Pennyslvania schools.

Please note that in Kappa Sigma, chapter designations with two Greek letters are hyphenated. So the correct designation of your chapter is Kappa-Lambda, thus making it one word, not Kappa Lambda, which is two words.

What other fraternities are presently at Shippensberg, and how would you rate them comparative to one another and your own group?
Old 03-24-2005, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Darlinglilred
Hi guys sorry for hijacking your thread but I wanted to let you know about one of your other new chapters at Carleton University in Ottawa. Ontario, Canada.

Last edited by Darlinglilred; 10-14-2005 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

At Edinboro University in North west PA there is an established colony, which is good because there are plenty of oppurtunities for expansion in Western PA.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:30 AM
GreekChat Member

... to update everyone

Hey everyone, lots of news I guess...

3 new Canadian colonies, at the University of Lethbridge, Carleton University, and the University of Western Ontario.

I heard from our ADGM that a colony at the University of Alaska - Anchorage is very close to being created.

Also, UCSB is once again colonized, along with Kappa Sigma's first colony in Hawaii at UH-Manoa

Congrats to all Kappa Sigs for their hard work!

Keep it up!

AEKDB
Mike
Old 03-31-2005, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: ... to update everyone

Quote:
Originally posted by ksigcanuck
Hey everyone, lots of news I guess...

3 new Canadian colonies, at the University of Lethbridge, Carleton University, and the University of Western Ontario.

I heard from our ADGM that a colony at the University of Alaska - Anchorage is very close to being created.

Also, UCSB is once again colonized, along with Kappa Sigma's first colony in Hawaii at UH-Manoa

Congrats to all Kappa Sigs for their hard work!

Keep it up!

AEKDB
Mike
From what OTW has said, the Hawaii colony is doing well and has gotten a good reputation on campus.

An Alaskan colony? That would be quite a roadtrip for the DGM and any SEC members who were to visit. Have we had any chapters in Alaska? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Thanks everyone for the news. Hopefully these colonies solidify their standing on campus and keep moving towards chapter status.

AEKDB
Collin
Old 05-08-2005, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry for crashing your forum, but I was just chatting on AIM with one of my first ever internet buddies (back from CompuServe days in 1994) who is a Kappa Sigma. He has been involved with the recolonization at the University of Vermont, Alpha-Lambda. He said they rushed 25 guys last fall and hope to rush another 25 this fall. I told him about GreekChat and he said he bookmarked it, so hopefully he'll show up here and can give you more details himself!

Dee