Xidelt

Old 08-02-2002, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile LOL

Your secret's safe with me, sands!!!
Old 08-03-2002, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Whew!

Thanks sands! Just promise you'll still keep that promise if I ever hold a political office!

I Have to tell you about our sands that I just met yesterday. Her nickname is Primatine.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Attractive#7 Send a message via Yahoo to Attractive#7
I'm just so pretty

********whoooooooooooooooooooooooooa******
Blow the dust off of this baby...
My name Attractive came from a question I was asked. Using the letters A P and O how would you describe yourself?

Using the letters A P and O, I'm Attractive...

And from that point on, ohhhhhhhhh I'm just so pretty became my claim to fame. Although certain haters wanna put a ?? mark behind it there is no doubt about it!!!
Old 02-19-2004, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

My name is:

Well, My line name is Sprint PCS and it has a double meaning. I use to always talk to the members about problems I was having with people in my Pledge Class. But what people dont know is that it always wasnt me telling our business but it feel on me because alot people assumed it because I did it before.The 2nd meaning is because I never stop talking on my phone. If you see me anywhere I will have my phone on me because I cannot live without me phone. I almost died when my phone was broke for like 3 days.

Our Pledge Class name is 15 W.A.Y.S. to RUNTELDAT. We were very imformative to the Big Brothers when we were pledging. Im number #9 of 15.

Attractive??? is #7 of the 15 W.A.Y.S.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dardenr
As I'm sure you know, gamma_girl, a lot of APO chapters nickname (without pledgelines) and a handful of non-HBCU chapters do line up.

What's REALLY interesting to me is when I went to my first national conventions, I saw MAAAADDDDD heads wearing letters with nicknames. . .but instead of line numbers, they wear their chapter numbers! Meaning, instead of a 2 or 9 like me and Astute, they would have like 67, 152, or 348!

It's just another example of our organizations' regional differences, like i was mentioning in another thread. Personally, I wouldn't want my chapter number on my 'nalia. . .because too many fools would ask me if I was number 778 on my line.
I don't know if I'd call it a 'regional' difference. Most chapter have pledge classes, only those influenced by BGLOs use lines. Thus for most APOers, they are going to use nicknames & their chapter numbers on the back of their shirts.

Now, mind you, that's not a hard & fast 'rule'. When I was at the Easton Event back in 2000, I was confused by the shirts worn by several members of a chapter in NY. They all had very strange numbers, some 2 digit, other high 3 digit, some negative (a wide range of numbers made no sense as they were all actives and should have have number close to each other). When I asked about it, I learned they didn't use chapter numbers but each person picked their own unique number. ??? whatever.
Section 71 Chair
Old 02-19-2004, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Chapter Number

I haven't got a clue what number I'd put on a shirt. Probably 192810, my national number. I was #8 of 21 in my pledge class, but that was determined Alphabetically and my chapter didn't do anything with order in pledge class. My chapter number is 890A (Yes an "A") at the end. The 21 members of our pledge class were given the numbers
893, 894, 895, 896, 897,898,899,890,891,892,893,894..., 903

By the time nationals realized it, another pledge class had gotten their numbers. So we just left it. Nationals now puts "A" next to the brotherhood numbers for the duplicates starting with yours truly.

Randy
Old 02-19-2004, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by emb021
.......only those influenced by BGLOs use lines.
No.

Mu Alpha Chapter at Georgetown University was chartered in 1956 and borrowed the "line" concept from the Alpha Chapter of Delta Phi Epsilon Professional Service Fraternity, which was established in 1920. DPE used the "line" concept since it's inception.

Georgetown did not integrate until the 1950's.

The first Black Greek lettered organizations came to Georgetown in the 70's.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Nicknames

Well I have over 4 names

My line name: Zeta Pride......named after the chapter...my name was inspired by an brother that pledged Zeta Phi in 1967

Also Known As:

Pimp Slap-----loooooong story
Lambda Legacy-- a even looooonger story
ConPHIdant----- "I'll never tell"
True/Lies-----I think thats obvious

Last edited by so anxious; 02-21-2004 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't have a nickname My chapter was SO different from the impression I have of the chapters represented on GC. I loved my chapter, but your APO experiences sounds like so much fun.

(green) with envy.

Erica
Order of the Rose recipient
Old 02-20-2004, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm Untamable Diva for various reasons...
Old 02-20-2004, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GoldnBlue2004 Send a message via Yahoo to GoldnBlue2004
My line name is G.Q because of the fact that I was always in a fashion show on campus somewhere and also because when I dress up, I dress up. I do the damn thing! Also, I like to take pictures and be in pictures like the G.Q. Magazine.
FL 06

A Phi A...there is no other way.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Nicknames can be fun. Sometimes we get pledges in who are uncomfortable about the idea. Usually when we explain some of our members nicknames and how they get them, and they understand they are all in good fun, most don't have a problem.

My nickname is Collector. I collect a lot of things, including lots of APO-related stuff. But unlike many collectors, I like to bring what I collect out to events so others can see and enjoy my collection.

Some of the nicknames in my chapter:

Joker- a brother who is always being funny and making jokes.

Mystress- a brother who is kind of a semi-goth.

Strike the Pose- a brother who is into modeling

Sugar & Spice- two brothers who were 'pledge twins' (had the same Big Brother in the same pledge class.

City- a brother whose name is close to a local city. people are always mispronouncing her name and someone called her 'city' and it stuck (and she would be one of the first ones to explain her nickname, too).
Section 71 Chair
Old 02-20-2004, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
I didn't get a nickname. Hmmph.
Old 02-22-2004, 02:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tbdumpsterdiver Send a message via Yahoo to tbdumpsterdiver
my name is Dumpster Diver because during our pledge service project (Trick or Treat for cans) I jumped in a dumpster to get much needed boxes to hold the cans.
Alpha Zeta Advisor

The Evolution of the Kid - http://harrimac.110mb.com
Old 02-24-2004, 04:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Hyper2 Send a message via Yahoo to Hyper2
My nickname is Hyper, I guess cause I am so excited about APO , I have been and always will be.